Are we gonna get SOD on this tour?

Just now, mikeman5150 said:

I always thought it was about Stephanie, but reading on here has taught me otherwise. 

Is sorry about Slash? Or is it more about fans, media, etc?

Personally, I don't think any song on Chinese is about Slash except for The Blues 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

They'll never play that song with Slash in the band since it's directly about him. 

Has this been spoken about anywhere? Reading the lyrics I can see how it could be about Slash but it could just as easily be about Erin Everly, or Stephanie Seymour ect…..

8 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Has this been spoken about anywhere? Reading the lyrics I can see how it could be about Slash but it could just as easily be about Erin Everly, or Stephanie Seymour ect…..

I've been saying it's about Slash since 2002. It's just my guess, but I feel like my guess is backed up heavily by the fact they've never done it with Slash in the band and I don't think they ever will

Just now, RussTCB said:

I've been saying it's about Slash since 2002. It's just my guess, but I feel like my guess is backed up heavily by the fact they've never done it with Slash in the band and I don't think they ever will

If so that’s a shame because that song in particular is the musical bridge between UYI and CD. Would love to hear Slash play on it. I wonder if any awkward conversations have taken place about the lyrical inspiration of some of the CD songs. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Isn’t there also a rumor that Atlas is about the first time Finck left in 1999? If so, that would explain why it was never played live, and also why it was left off ChiDem, as Finck was still kinda/sorta in the band again when the album was being finalized in 2008.

Edited by rocknroll41

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

Isn’t there also a rumor that Atlas is about the first time Finck left in 2009? If so, that would explain why it was never played live, and also why it was left off ChiDem, as Finck was still kinda/sorta in the band when the album was being finalized in 2008.

There's a very strong rumor that Atlas is about Robin, yes

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I think the absence of SOD on this reincarnation of GNR has more to do with it being one of the toughest songs to sing in their entire catalogue. No way in hell Axl could perform this song live again, not in his current vocal shape.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Isn’t there also a rumor that Atlas is about the first time Finck left in 1999? If so, that would explain why it was never played live, and also why it was left off ChiDem, as Finck was still kinda/sorta in the band again when the album was being finalized in 2008.

Bumblefoot said they couldn’t fit Atlas onto CD as it made the overall length of the album too long for a standard disc.