Songs not played

8 minutes ago, Asdiz said:

Anyone have a list of the songs not played since 2016 reunion from each of the 6 gnr albums?  Madagascar got me thinking of this wondering which from chi-dem they haven’t done, but was also curious from the other albums. 

From ChiDem:

Shackler's Revenge

Street of Dream

If the World

Scraped

Riad N' The Bedouins

I.R.S.

From Appetite:

Think About You

Anything Goes

I guess you could say the fast version of You're Crazy?

• Like 1

AFD: Think About You, Anything Goes, You're Crazy (fast version).

Lies/LLAS: Reckless Life, Move To The City, Mama Kin, One In A Million (of course).

UYI 1: Right Next Door To Hell, Dust N' Bones, Perfect Crime, You Ain't The First, Bad Obsession, Back Off Bitch, The Garden, Garden Of Eden, Don't Damn Me (never played live anyway), Bad Apples.

UYI 2: 14  Years, Shotgun Blues (never played live anyway), Get In The Ring (same), Breakdown, Pretty Tied Up, Don't Cry alt. lyrics, My World (never played live anyway).

TSI: All of it except Attitude, New Rose, Raw Power, You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory as intro (all sung by Duff). The rest, except Hair Of The Dog (in the early days) and Down On The Farm, have never been performed live anyway.

CD: Shackler's Revenge, Street Of Dreams, IRS, If The World, Riad, Scraped.

Other: Sympathy For The Devil (never played live anyway), Oh My God.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

AFD: Think About You, Anything Goes, You're Crazy (fast version).

Lies/LLAS: Reckless Life, Move To The City, Mama Kin, One In A Million (of course).

UYI 1: Right Next Door To Hell, Dust N' Bones, Perfect Crime, You Ain't The First, Bad Obsession, Back Off Bitch, The Garden, Garden Of Eden, Don't Damn Me (never played live anyway), Bad Apples.

UYI 2: 14  Years, Shotgun Blues (never played live anyway), Get In The Ring (same), Breakdown, Pretty Tied Up, Don't Cry alt. lyrics, My World (never played live anyway).

TSI: All of it except Attitude, New Rose, Raw Power, You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory as intro (all sung by Duff).

CD: Shackler's Revenge, Street Of Dreams, IRS, If The World, Riad, Scraped.

Other: Sympathy For The Devil, Oh My God.

I was gonna object that they haven't played Prostitute either - but they have. I completely forgot, because it was only at that Fall 2017 US leg. They should put it back on the playlist, instead of Better. It would suit Axl more. 

There aren't really many good ones left that could realistically be introduced in the set now.

Excluding those that won't be played for obvious reasons (like OIAM and others that have never been performed anyway like GITR, My World, SFTD, etc.), those that would be pointless or cringe to be brought back now (like Anything Goes, Mama Kin, Back Off Bitch), and those that would be impossible for Axl to sing (Don't Damn Me - which has never been played live anyway, Garden Of Eden, etc.), then the ones left that could be played are:

AFD: Think About You.

Lies: Move To The City.

UYI I & II: Dust N' Bones, Bad Obsession, The Garden, Bad Apples, Breakdown, Pretty Tied Up, Don't Cry alt. Maybe also Right Next Door To Hell and Perfect Crime, but they'd probably be hard for Axl to sing. 14 Years and You Ain't The First would need Izzy.

TSI: Down On The Farm - and maybe Ain't It Fun and Since I Don't Have You, although they have never been played.

CD: Only Street Of Dreams.

28 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I was gonna object that they haven't played Prostitute either - but they have. I completely forgot, because it was only at that Fall 2017 US leg. They should put it back on the playlist, instead of Better. It would suit Axl more. 

Yeah, Better should go (and should've been gone for a long time) and be replaced by any of the above, or another CD song from the current alt setlist, or, hopefully, Hardschool.

• Like 2

UYI I in general needs more love. Always felt like more of a sequel to AFD than UYI II ever did, of course there were ballads but some great hard rockers that could've been on Appetite like Perfect Crime and RNDTH.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, agustingloger said:

Bad Obsession is such a cool song especially live! Why haven't they played yet? 

Dizzy has played that one with his own Bands for a couple of years now. 

Which makes it even more dissapointing that he couldnt play that with GN'R. 

• GNFNR 1

I wonder if the band just got tired of Bad Obssesion at a certain point since they dropped it by 93. Since I Don't Have You was played very briefly as an intro to SCOM in 92/93. Its a cover I'd actually like to see played as they made a video for it and released it as a single. Its a pretty good cover in its own right as well. 

Edited by mystery
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

They released some great version of Move To The City on Appetite Box set.. I am surprised they haven't brought that back. 

They could do a new version, maybe with some cool electronica elements of some kind  and Axl using the deep voice. Could be really cool.

16 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Electronica elements in Move To The City sounds like a perfect way to ruin the song lol

I hear it in my head, can't explain though. Nevermind. :D

14 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Wonder why they have never played Don't Damn Me... love that song.

Too many words, no time to breathe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

There aren't really many good ones left that could realistically be introduced in the set now.

Excluding those that won't be played for obvious reasons (like OIAM and others that have never been performed anyway like GITR, My World, SFTD, etc.), those that would be pointless or cringe to be brought back now (like Anything Goes, Mama Kin, Back Off Bitch), and those that would be impossible for Axl to sing (Don't Damn Me - which has never been played live anyway, Garden Of Eden, etc.), then the ones left that could be played are:

AFD: Think About You.

Lies: Move To The City.

UYI I & II: Dust N' Bones, Bad Obsession, The Garden, Bad Apples, Breakdown, Pretty Tied Up, Don't Cry alt. Maybe also Right Next Door To Hell and Perfect Crime, but they'd probably be hard for Axl to sing. 14 Years and You Ain't The First would need Izzy.

TSI: Down On The Farm - and maybe Ain't It Fun and Since I Don't Have You, although they have never been played.

CD: Only Street Of Dreams.

Yeah, Better should go (and should've been gone for a long time) and be replaced by any of the above, or another CD song from the current alt setlist, or, hopefully, Hardschool.

I'd love it if they'd try Back Off Bitch. Probably the greatest rocker on UYI I IMO.

Ain't It Fun is another song which never has been played but one that should be a staple in every band's setlist.

From Lies, MTTC is missing.

Just now, Free Bird said:

I'd love it if they'd try Back Off Bitch. Probably the greatest rocker on UYI I IMO.

Ain't It Fun is another song which never has been played but one that should be a staple in every band's setlist.

The greates rocker after DDM and Coma ;)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Oh well, Back Off Bitch is my most disliked song on UYI's - all the classic era, actually :lol:

• Like 1
  • Wow 1