Anyone been to a recent Adler show?

4 hours ago, Original said:

I’m in Vegas and Steven is playing free as part of The Fremont Street summer concert series.   Think I wanna go.  Thoughts?  I YouTube’d his last show and looks kick ass.  

Never seen Adler….but if he was local to me I’d be paying to go see him never mind a freebie! Get yourself down there and enjoy! 🤘

• Like 1

Steven adler played fantastic tonight! It was great to finally hear him drum those classics. 

I wish it was him drumming this Friday. I like frank, but steven has that idk loose snappy feel that I love.

Wtf was that "tour manager"?

Edited by mingsubu
  • Like 2

Slightly off topic here, but in Adler's book, does he mention his dealings with AC/DC in 1990 and rumoured audition? I haven't read his book, but would like to know more about this period. Adler on Razors Edge would have been such a big deal, but maybe it's a good thing it didn't happen, for his own well being, exposed to that level of success once again, especially on the road, he would have inevitably had access to anything he wished.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dean said:

Slightly off topic here, but in Adler's book, does he mention his dealings with AC/DC in 1990 and rumoured audition? I haven't read his book, but would like to know more about this period. Adler on Razors Edge would have been such a big deal, but maybe it's a good thing it didn't happen, for his own well being, exposed to that level of success once again, especially on the road, he would have inevitably had access to anything he wished.

Really can’t imagine Angus and Malcolm wanting to work with someone with that kind of substance abuse history like Adler 

Edited by SAU3R
  • Like 4

Just now, SAU3R said:

Really can’t imagine Angus and Malcolm wanting to work with someone with that kind of drug history like Adler 

Well that was apparently what had happened, after Axl referred to him as a drug addict on MTV, they retracted their offer. That's what I read on the AC/DC forum so, pinch of salt and all that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

Really can’t imagine Angus and Malcolm wanting to work with someone with that kind of substance abuse history like Adler 

Angus and Malcolm probably didn't knew him on a personal level and had no idea about his addictions. They just listened to the GN'R albums and thought that he was good. 

Edited by Sosso

1 hour ago, Dean said:

Well that was apparently what had happened, after Axl referred to him as a drug addict on MTV, they retracted their offer. That's what I read on the AC/DC forum so, pinch of salt and all that.

Chris Slade began his work with the band in November 1989 so the timing doesn't quite line up. Granted, he was initially just drafted for session work but they liked him and he got the gig. I always figured the Adler stuff was nothing but folklore and a fun "what if" scenario, but it seems unlikely that it was ever given serious consideration.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

What?

The band was running late, for a 9 pm start. A man came out and introduced himself as the band's tour manager. He instructed and had the audience practice how to cheer for each band member. Then went on and on about the bass player's dick. After all of this, he than says that he is a comedian. 

Idk wtf he was doing.

Then some other guy introduced the band.

• Wow 1

9 hours ago, Dean said:

I understand why Adler never caught on with any band in the 90s but I find it hard to figure out why he hasn't caught on with any of those 80s bands that are constantly changing members today. A band like LA Guns or whoever.  Surely Adler shoukd be able to find another gig?  Just seems weird he was never really in any other bands of even minor significance

Edited by Bitchisback
  • Like 1