UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

31 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Wasn't it Donington?

It isn't the same speech, similar for sure but he uses different words.

It also sounds like it's recorded in a big indoor room to my ears and I haven't heard it on any existing bootlegs which leads me to believe it's from the 1992-01-25 show for a few reasons: A couple of songs on Live Era is from that show, it took place in a big indoor arena and we don't have any bootleg recordings from that show.

Edited by youngswedishvinyl

21 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I am more curious about this release than I was for the Appetite box. With Appetite we kind of had it all from before. Now we are talking about the possibility of a few unreleased songs, rarities we haven't heard, and hopefully improved mixing (the mixing of UYI has not stood the test of time, in my opinion), and alternate mixes like Slash's stripped down versions.

As for live shows, Slash has already stated they will release two live shows. I see no reason to suspect we will only end up with a few songs off of these shows. 

Maybe we will also get footage from the unreleased documentary.

Basically, there is a lot that could possibly go into this box.

If the quality is as high as for the Appetite box, this could be a great product. They absolutely did a great job with the Appetite box. Hopefully they will hit better with the pricing this time. And in my opinion they can just skip the trinkets.

Still, this should be excellent news to all the fans who have complained about the band not releasing old live shows, and for all of us who are interested in things we haven't heard before.

Well said. I think the real clincher could be a 5.1 mix of each album….AFD was so good that I can only imagine what NR/Estranged/Coma etc would sound like!

22 minutes ago, jamillos said:

This is a marvellous opportunity to release some A+ quality old video footage, which we know the band has. Please, don’t let us down. Let at least one of the gigs be some Blu-ray full show material...

I think this a realistic expectation, even for GnR.

So I expect the Ritz show to be on video, since we know it was shot on film. The Vegas show may be audio only (because the audio was recorded professionally and that's why songs from that show were included in Live Era) but it would be great if that was released on video, too. In either case, I'm content that we're getting two shows that haven't been out there, either in good quality (Ritz) or at all (Vegas).

I'm not very optimistic regarding unheard studio material, though. Other than alternate mixes,  Ain't Going Down, a couple of Spaghetti rejects and maybe the full Mates rehearsal, I don't think they have much to release.

• Like 3

As for whether this will delay the release of new music. Who knows? Probably very few :lol: It wouldn't sound weird if they decided to postpone any release until 2023 now, but this is Guns N' Roses and they just don't do normal. They released an acoustic side in 1988 when that wasn't expected of them, two albums in 1991 despite what was recommended, an album of, mostly, obscure covers in 1994. My point is, they often go against the grain and do whatever they want to do. Often that is not  good for us (= lack of productivity), but occasionally it is. So I wouldn't be too sure new music is not postponed; or said differently, I wouldn't fall off my chair in shock if we got a UYI box AND new music in 2022. As always: always hope, never expect.

17 hours ago, jamillos said:

05.16.91 - The Ritz, New York, NY
Axl actually injures his heel and is forced to wear a brace on it for the first few weeks of the UYI tour.

He obviously took this whole nostalgia thing one step too far at the Troubadour in 2016.

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think this a realistic expectation, even for GnR.

So I expect the Ritz show to be on video, since we know it was shot on film. The Vegas show may be audio only (because the audio was recorded professionally and that's why songs from that show were included in Live Era) but it would be great if that was released on video, too. In either case, I'm content that we're getting two shows that haven't been out there, either in good quality (Ritz) or at all (Vegas).

I'm not very optimistic regarding unheard studio material, though. Other than alternate mixes,  Ain't Going Down, a couple of Spaghetti rejects and maybe the full Mates rehearsal, I don't think they have much to release.

To be honest - the idea of alternative mixes is great as I do find the mixing on the UYI to be good not great so another version (as Slash has alluded to) would be awesome.

And who knows what other bits there is - I’m not sure The Plague or New Work Tune were known about (I could be WAAAYY wrong on that though)…..actually….maybe a rough version of Back and Forth Again?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

To be honest - the idea of alternative mixes is great as I do find the mixing on the UYI to be good not great so another version (as Slash has alluded to) would be awesome.

And who knows what other bits there is - I’m not sure The Plague or New Work Tune were known about (I could be WAAAYY wrong on that though)…..actually….maybe a rough version of Back and Forth Again?

Oh, that would be great - maybe the early demo of TIL, too (without the erased Stephanie Seymour bit)? It would be really nice if they surprised us with stuff like this, but I don't expect much.

If this does come to fruition I will be one happy mthrfkr. 

To have those 2 little babies remastered with extras thrown in great. Hopefully stuff we ain't had before.

Concert videos would be awesome. Just put the whole of 91-93 on a dedicated site with a specific code for each purchase that could not be shared or you lose access to the content. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

There's rehearsals of Bad Apples and Coma with Steven drumming only few collectors have, if they're good they put that kind of stuff in there. But then they also didn't put cool stuff like Nightrain demo with the alternate intro in the AFD boxset. They didn't even include the SCOM demo lol. So I'm not gonna expect too much from this either.

However, maybe if they'll watch the Beatles Get Back Mini Series they could get an idea to do the same with the footage from the PC documentary. They must have enough hours filmed to atleast do a 3 part series like that, sort of emulate that "with the band" feeling like the Beatles one. THAT would be an insanely good thing to do, and that doesn't even include all the pro shots from the shows they have.

I believe all of that will come out one day, but why not now when you're still not too old and active playing on the road. Look what the Motley Crue movie did for them, another huge career boost.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

There's rehearsals of Bad Apples and Coma with Steven drumming only few collectors have, if they're good they put that kind of stuff in there. But then they also didn't put cool stuff like Nightrain demo with the alternate intro in the AFD boxset. They didn't even include the SCOM demo lol. So I'm not gonna expect too much from this either.

However, maybe if they'll watch the Beatles Get Back Mini Series they could get an idea to do the same with the footage from the PC documentary. They must have enough hours filmed to atleast do a 3 part series like that, sort of emulate that "with the band" feeling like the Beatles one. THAT would be an insanely good thing to do, and that doesn't even include all the pro shots from the shows they have.

I believe all of that will come out one day, but why not now when you're still not too old and active playing on the road. Look what the Motley Crue movie did for them, another huge career boost.

Too perfect you know... this is a big opportunity to make a relly big thing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Other than alternate mixes,  Ain't Going Down, a couple of Spaghetti rejects and maybe the full Mates rehearsal, I don't think they have much to release.

Maybe some demos? Would love to hear the full 15 min Coma and other stuff like that.

10 hours ago, vloors said:

From what I remember there was a couple of cover songs they did that was left off the SI album too. Slash also mentioned a alternative mix of illusions which was more stripped down and rock. Would love to hear that. As well as remaster of the albums, the live concerts and of course the perfect crime documentary 

I want to hear the stripped down mix too.

3 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Those rehearsals with Steven would be great. As for the movie if GnR did a Get Back style documentary it would be way better than that cheesy MC movie and could get them some mainstream attention again (which Absurd/Hard Skool didn't really do).

• Like 1