Question: Hard Skool EP - Live Tracks

24 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

They're probably just ripped from Selects audio, yeah? 

No, I don't think so. The performances aren't great, certainly not the best from the tour, but they're honest representations of how the band sounds live. It's just weird that they'd release them in this quality.

3 minutes ago, walter22 said:

any idea where the live tracks are, Don't Cry, You're Crazy and Absurd?

I don't know about Absurd, but Don't Cry and You're Crazy are circulating now.

19 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

No, I don't think so. The performances aren't great, certainly not the best from the tour, but they're honest representations of how the band sounds live. It's just weird that they'd release them in this quality.

I don't know about Absurd, but Don't Cry and You're Crazy are circulating now.

Gotcha. OK, it just seemed to me that ripping Selects audio would be the path of least resistance and we know how much GN'R like that path lol. 

I'm almost scared to flip the HS 7" next week and play the live version of Absurd 😂 

• Haha 1

Just listened to the two live Tracks.. I didn't think they were bad at all. As someone mentioned, they are a decent representation of what the band is live now.  Axl seems like he is still trying to remember/figure out parts of You're Crazy.. He got better on the song as the tour went on so they could have probably found a better version, but it was still pretty good overall.  Would have been cooler if they included whatever intro jam they did for Don't Cry that night.. 

The live tracks will definitely compliment Absurd and Hardschool nicely for someone who likes/cares about them. I don't, so I won't be buying it.  No need to add the live tracks to my collection either as I have multiple superior versions of the same songs from the classic lineups..

Got an email that the cd was being shipped last week. Still haven't gotten it.

Anyone get their copy yet?

I'm sick and tired of hearing how the mails suck. Now with the ice on the roads here in Texas, haven't gotten mail in two days. Guess the pledge to deliver mail in snow, rain, sleet doesn't apply to mail people in Texas.

On 2/3/2022 at 9:36 PM, ©GnrPersia said:

How could everyone forget about the gem that is You're Crazy live at Bridge School ?!

i remember that almost Welcome To The Jungle Into You're Crazy transition

CD and Cassette has You're Crazy and Don't Cry as live versions. 7inch Vinyl has Absurd in a live version and transparent Vinyl has Shadow Of Your Love in a live version. I wonder if these live songs are part of a future Live Album? Would be cool.

Because the singles of Knockin' On Heaven's Door and Yesterdays had live versions too... They were later put on Live Era

Edited by t-p-d-a
  • Haha 1

Have listened to the CD single a few times over now, agree with a few others previously, the live performances are quite strong all things considered as of recent tours. Would like to have heard Axl push it a bit more at the 3 minute mark in Don’t Cry, but otherwise I give both live tracks a solid 7/10. Not the greatest of NITL but certainly far from the worst. 

• Like 2