11/24/22 - Gold Coast, AU - Metricon Stadium

alfierose

1 hour ago, BucketEgg said:

I think Axl is referring to the mic toss.

"Hey, if security caught that, toss it into the crowd."

Yup, this. Both this show and the Brisbane show I was so close to grabbing the mic.  At Brisbane on Tuesday night I wanted to get it and give it to a woman I met in a wheelchair. Almost had it but then a security guard grabbed it off the floor and kept it. Same thing happened tonight with a security guard getting it, so Axl looked out and said if a security guard has it can they please toss it to the crowd. This time the security guard was nice and handed it to a fan. Axl must have heard about what happened Tuesday night. 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

7 minutes ago, DownUnderScott said:

Yup, this. Both this show and the Brisbane show I was so close to grabbing the mic.  At Brisbane on Tuesday night I wanted to get it and give it to a woman I met in a wheelchair. Almost had it but then a security guard grabbed it off the floor and kept it. Same thing happened tonight with a security guard getting it, so Axl looked out and said if a security guard has it can they please toss it to the crowd. This time the security guard was nice and handed it to a fan. Axl must have heard about what happened Tuesday night. 

Oh. I hate it when those fuckers keep stuff for themselves.... they are there to do their jobs and not keep fan memorabilia. Happened several times that I pointed out to the where a pic landed to give it to me, and sometimes I have to point them to actually find it and then those assholes keep it for themselves. Fuck those people. :anger::anger:
How far back to you have to be to grab the mic?? Since I'm always up front I never came close to get one. He should throw it to the front rows for once. ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I haven't watched or been able to get through any Gn'R performances in quite a while now. Mostly due to Axl.. Dare I give this show a shot?

It’s all about standards 🤣. Yours may be higher than mine!  I heard a decent amount of the Mexican gig and it was pretty good as has the bits I’ve heard since. Not actually heard anything of this gig yet but folk seem fairly positive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DTJ80 said:

It’s all about standards 🤣. Yours may be higher than mine!  I heard a decent amount of the Mexican gig and it was pretty good as has the bits I’ve heard since. Not actually heard anything of this gig yet but folk seem fairly positive.

I like the gigs where the crowd is louder than Axl lol.. Just watched Jungle. It was ok. Lots of Mickey.  I wish he would just use is low voice and just use his high voice for the screams. That is the only time it really works.

Axl aside they are just boring now anyway. The performance have been the exact same for almost 7 years now. I am not talking about the setlist but the songs themselves. Back in the day they would switch things up tour to tour or ever leg to leg.  From 87 - 93 KOHD was constantly evolving as was Rocket Queen. They did the acoustic sets.. The half Acoustic November Rain. They switched up the way they played Patience quite a bit in those days.. Even Paradise City. Axl would often scream out random shit in songs or change they way he would sing certain lines here and there. Now he is like a robot.. They have become very stale and boring. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I like the gigs where the crowd is louder than Axl lol.. Just watched Jungle. It was ok. Lots of Mickey.  I wish he would just use is low voice and just use his high voice for the screams. That is the only time it really works.

Axl aside they are just boring now anyway. The performance have been the exact same for almost 7 years now. I am not talking about the setlist but the songs themselves. Back in the day they would switch things up tour to tour or ever leg to leg.  From 87 - 93 KOHD was constantly evolving as was Rocket Queen. They did the acoustic sets.. The half Acoustic November Rain. They switched up the way they played Patience quite a bit in those days.. Even Paradise City. Axl would often scream out random shit in songs or change they way he would sing certain lines here and there. Now he is like a robot.. They have become very stale and boring. 

TBF - I don’t disagree. I think he should utilise the lower register more as he has real power. And the staleness of the set….really no need for that. I know they say some of its down to the ‘screens/videos’ but that doesn’t wash with the same set leg after leg.

• Like 1

Listened to Nightrain from this show - he sounds pretty strong, but it's so awkward when he switches voices every other line in the first half of the song. It would be cool if he sang the verse with just the clean baritone voice ("molotov cocktail with a match to go") kinda like Absurd.

Rosie sounds better than expected.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Setlist:
01. It's So Easy
02. Mr. Brownstone
03. Chinese Democracy
04. Slither
05. Better
Link Wray's Rumble intro
06. Welcome To The Jungle
07. Reckless Life
08. Double Talkin' Jive
09. Live And Let Die
10. Estranged
11. Shadow Of Your Love
12. Rocket Queen
13. Whole Lotta Rosie
14. You Could Be Mine
Slash Guitar Solo (Albert King's Born Under A Bad Sign jam)
15. Sweet Child O' Mine
16. Wichita Lineman
17. I Wanna Be Your Dog
18. Absurd
19. Hard Skool
20. November Rain
21. Civil War (with Machine Gun outro)
22. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
23. Nightrain
Encore:
24. Coma
The Beatles' Blackbird intro
25. Patience
26. Don't Cry
27. Paradise City

I love that they moved some of the faster songs to after the solo I wonder how the show flow felt there!

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

yeah, bringing a drone that close to people is rather silly. i've been near a drone before, and they can be loud and blow lots of air around. it's like a giant windy buzzing robot fly.

Edited by BucketEgg
  • Like 1

yeah, bringing a drone that close to people is rather silly. i've been near a drone before, and they can be loud and blow lots of air around. it's like a giant windy buzzing robot fly.

It's actually illegal here to fly one at a public event without permission. Guy that did it and gets caught could get into abit of shit

It's fucking annoying and stupid to bring such a thing to a big show.

Axl's reaction is so calm, lol.

• Like 2