What Will The Next Single Be?

What will the next single be?  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

the vocals are not finished in the leaked version, the lyrics are incomplete as well it seems, but there is enough there to hear the potential of the vocals and the song in general imo. 

For sure... like the start of the 2nd verse seems to be missing a word or two.

But the issue stands with how the vocals between the demos of HS and Silkworms relate to their counterparts... they're identical.

5 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

For sure... like the start of the 2nd verse seems to be missing a word or two.

But the issue stands with how the vocals between the demos of HS and Silkworms relate to their counterparts... they're identical.

sorry but what is your point? some tunes could have had what Axl considered to be finished vocals like HS and Silkworms and some can't pass as complete vocals like the version we got of State Of Grace.

29 minutes ago, Rovim said:

sorry but what is your point? some tunes could have had what Axl considered to be finished vocals like HS and Silkworms and some can't pass as complete vocals like the version we got of State Of Grace.

The point is that common trends point to there being no improvements, or perhaps more ay ay's and a scream cut and pasted from another demo

21 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

The point is that common trends point to there being no improvements, or perhaps more ay ay's and a scream cut and pasted from another demo

I think that it's very likely that there are many versions of the same tunes that Axl has worked on and all we have is that one version of SOG with incomplete vocals  from more than 20 years ago. 

yes, Axl repurposed the mac daddy ay's on a new HS Slash bridge but it was just an extra little detail, the song would have worked without it cause all the important vocals were already recorded and even if Axl doesn't really frequent the studio to record new vocals for Gn'R material, he had decades to finish his work, Tommy said that Axl recorded every year for a long period of time, and Axl said CD ll was finished for a while and he said that years ago so personally I think it's not enough to conclude they've made no imporvements in all those years that Axl had to do it, especially with a song like SOG where the main concept is pretty much there already.

Edited by Rovim

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

OMG would be beyond ridiculous, Atlas, Perhaps and State all suck and Ain't goin down would be just meh since we could listen to that since decades already.

I really hope it's something unheard of.

I wonder if Slash and Duff are even aware of the leaks and all that.

They also rereleased Shadow of Your Love and that song is a decade older than OMG. Anything is possible with this band.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

OMG would be beyond ridiculous, Atlas, Perhaps and State all suck and Ain't goin down would be just meh since we could listen to that since decades already.

I really hope it's something unheard of.

I wonder if Slash and Duff are even aware of the leaks and all that.

Never say never with this band! Remember they officially released SOYL? A 30+ year old song?

Ain't Going Down is not something out of question.

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

OMG with Slash is so weird thats probably gonna be it lol

To be fair, I would rank Slash playing on "Absurd" as even weirder. The one song completely divorced from the old GN'R sound, and which even the devout fans of the Chinese Democracy era had written off as being something we'd never hear. The weirder part; his guitar additions actually work really well! 

Edited by themadcaplaughs
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

To be fair, I would rank Slash playing on "Absurd" as even weirder. The one song completely divorced from the old GN'R sound, and which even the devout fans of the Chinese Democracy era had written off as being something we'd never hear. The weirder part; his guitar additions actually work really well! 

You’re right it’s absolutely weirder 😆

21 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

You're right. 

I can totally see Slash riffing along the verses instead of the ridiculously heavy (which I love) power (inverted) chords of the released version. Even the drums could be rearranged. Kinda like what they did with the song Chinese Democracy after Frank and Bumble joined the band and recorded their parts.

Maybe I should try to record this for my YT channel.