GNR Songs you liked at first, but don't like so much anymore? 🤔

A Poster on here said he liked Sweet Child Of Mine at first, but overplay made him not like Sweet Child Of Mine so much anymore, and that got me the idea to start this thread. I also had a favorite song in the whole world, but some radio station overplayed it and it was no longer my favorite song in the whole world anymore. Human by The Human League is the song that used to be my favorite song in the whole world until that radio station overplayed it. It's still one of my favorite songs,(It's haunting, chilling beautiful enthralling song) but no longer my sole favorite. 

So what GNR Songs did you like at first but don't like so much anymore?

Interesting question Karice. Also no smileys in your text which is a good progress.

1. Don't Cry *

2. Sweet Child O' Mine *

3. Knockin' On Heaven's Door **

*Axl's crappy vox at live performances fucked up my feelings for these songs.

** unnecessarily long live turned it into pee/beer break at shows.

Edited by ©GnrPersia

4 hours ago, Swede1991 said:

Chinese Democracy 

Rocket Queen 

IRS 

Sorry

Maybe these fuckers will return to my ears someday :axl: until then, im gonna listen to some Arnooold, * you could be mine* :headbang:

I personally love IRS and listened to it about 8 times before finally stopping. 😀 I find IRS good as gold. 😀

There was a period where I was still getting used to the UYI songs and really liked Back Off Bitch for the attitude behind it. It now feels like a filler track for UYI I. It probably would've been better served as a B-side for one of the Appetite singles since it was written and performed in that era.

19 minutes ago, mystery said:

There was a period where I was still getting used to the UYI songs and really liked Back Off Bitch for the attitude behind it. It now feels like a filler track for UYI I. It probably would've been better served as a B-side for one of the Appetite singles since it was written and performed in that era.

I love the music behind Back Off Bitch but not the lyrics if that makes sense.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gibson87 said:

Get In the Ring. I liked it when I was 16 because of Axl's rant but now it ruins the song for me.

You Could Be Mine/Don't Cry (Original)- overplayed imo. The alt version of Don't Cry is amazing though

Axl is just ranting his head off in a maniacal mental breakdown rage when he sings Get In The Ring. Get In The Ring had me questioning Axl's mental health when I first heard it. I was like,"Did Axl have a mental breakdown when he recorded GITR? 😱🤨

Madagascar 

Despite the obvious flaws of the 2002 VMA performance, I loved the performance of (Part of) Madagascar, to the point where it was up there with some of my favourite GNR moments, and still is. 

The album version does nothing for me. Never listen to it. 

Street of Dreams

Similar to Madagascar, this went from being "Dont Cry" esque, in its mini-epic form, to being a castrated version of "The Blues".

So Fine

I don't dislike it, but remember I found it instantly catchy, but i'd struggle to remember it as a GNR song these days.

In fact, thats why i'm writing it here, cos I only remembered it now.

Sounds like KOHD lite. 

Scraped

Really liked the music in the song. It has a bit of balls. But the vocals are all over the place. 

Welcome to the jungle, it’s so easy, Nightrain, Out Ta Get Me, Mr. brownstone, Paradise city, my Michelle, think about you, Sweet Child o’ mine, you’re crazy, anything goes, rocket queen, reckless life, nice boys, moved to the city, Mama kin, patience, used to love her, you’re crazy acoustic, Right next-door to Hell, Dust n bones, live and let die, don’t cry original, perfect crime, you ain’t the first, bad obsession, back off bitch, double talking jive, November rain, the garden, garden of Eden, don’t damn me, bad apples, dead horse, coma, Civil War, 14 years, yesterday’s, knocking on heavens door, getting the ring, shotgun blues, Breakdown, Pretty Tied Up, Locomotive, so fine, estranged, you could be mine, don’t cry alternate lyrics, I Chinese Democracy, Shackler’s Revenge, Better, Street Of Dreams, If The World, There Was A Time, catcher in the Rye, scraped, Rhiad and the bedouins, sorry, IRS, Madagascar, this I love, prostitute, hard skool 

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

Welcome to the jungle, it’s so easy, Nightrain, Out Ta Get Me, Mr. brownstone, Paradise city, my Michelle, think about you, Sweet Child o’ mine, you’re crazy, anything goes, rocket queen, reckless life, nice boys, moved to the city, Mama kin, patience, used to love her, you’re crazy acoustic, Right next-door to Hell, Dust n bones, live and let die, don’t cry original, perfect crime, you ain’t the first, bad obsession, back off bitch, double talking jive, November rain, the garden, garden of Eden, don’t damn me, bad apples, dead horse, coma, Civil War, 14 years, yesterday’s, knocking on heavens door, getting the ring, shotgun blues, Breakdown, Pretty Tied Up, Locomotive, so fine, estranged, you could be mine, don’t cry alternate lyrics, I Chinese Democracy, Shackler’s Revenge, Better, Street Of Dreams, If The World, There Was A Time, catcher in the Rye, scraped, Rhiad and the bedouins, sorry, IRS, Madagascar, this I love, prostitute, hard skool 

So...My World is still a hot favourite! 

On 9/21/2022 at 9:24 PM, Karice said:

I personally love IRS and listened to it about 8 times before finally stopping. 😀 I find IRS good as gold. 😀

Yeah i played it like hell when CD was released :lol: one of the best vocal preformance on the album ^^ maybe one day, i find the song interesting again :headbang: