Soundcheck mysterious song

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Some people say that it sounds like the ending of Oklahoma. I have to admit it does - a little bit - although the first clip from Porto Alegre with the riff didn't sound like Oklahoma at all.

It sure does. That is the track that I listened to the most out of the locker leaks and I recognised it immediately from the Buenos Aires clip.

It is also the song from the locker leaks with the most 'Slash like' guitar parts, 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Some people say that it sounds like the ending of Oklahoma. I have to admit it does - a little bit - although the first clip from Porto Alegre with the riff didn't sound like Oklahoma at all.

It actually does sound like the ending of Oklahoma yeah. Now you have said it I can't unhear it

1 minute ago, Sausagebrain said:

It sure does. That is the track that I listened to the most out of the locker leaks and I recognised it immediately from the Buenos Aires clip.

It is also the song from the locker leaks with the most 'Slash like' guitar parts, 

Well, if it's really Oklahoma/Berlin or whatever else it may be called now, I'll be excited, because that's the track from the locker leaks I've wanted to hear a completed version of the most (that and State of Grace).

Just listened to Oklahoma leak and then the soundcheck audio. The end sound similiar, for sure. Only thing is I don't really know if that first chunk of audio we got with the Slash lick really fits into the rest of the song. So I'm worried the two ending are just kind of a coincidence. But who knows. It's been decades and probably plenty of reworks. Not gonna get too excited until its played live/we see it on an alt list or something like that though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

I wonder if Brain was there because he wrote Song and told the band how to play and arrange it :ph34r:

That's what I thought too. He's def there between Frank and Melissa in the video.

48 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Drums and bass do sound a bit like it, but the rhythm guitar arrangement is totally different, with different chords. I'm still not convinced. 

• Like 2

If the misterious song is Oklahoma I would say this question:

What are the chances that they perform Oklahoma and they not have any new song like State of Grace, Atlas Shrugged, Perhaps before this one?

If the song is Oklahoma, It would be pretty clear that an album is coming by the way, or well that's my opinion

If it is a new song Meegan would for sure know about it, and posted this clip.  I am not sure what that means, if it means she purposefully teased that riff or not, but she did film knowing that riff was being jammed on in that moment and would be broadcast

6 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

What are the chances that they perform Oklahoma and they not have any new song like State of Grace, Atlas Shrugged, Perhaps before this one?

What do you mean? What difference does it make, in what order they're releasing these songs? I'm pretty sure that they're going perform songs in what ever order they feel like performing them. There's no rule that they should play SOG, AS or Perhaps first.

18 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

If it is a new song Meegan would for sure know about it, and posted this clip.  I am not sure what that means, if it means she purposefully teased that riff or not, but she did film knowing that riff was being jammed on in that moment and would be broadcast

I think she also “accidentally” posted the Medusa head from Absurd before they played it and clips of Hard Skool soundchecks too

she knows what she’s doing 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

What do you mean? What difference does it make, in what order they're releasing these songs? I'm pretty sure that they're going perform songs in what ever order they feel like performing them. There's no rule that they should play SOG, AS or Perhaps first.

What I say is that Oklahoma is the first song to be performed, there are more chances that an album exists!

• GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

What I say is that Oklahoma is the first song to be performed, there are more chances that an album exists!

Right! Personally I have no doubt that an album exists. Axl, Slash and everybody involved with the band has confirmed that it exists. It's just a matter of how they're going to release it. Will it happen slowly, one song at a time, like Slash said, or will they release all the songs at once.