2023 WORLD TOUR

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The fact the VIP tickets are that much money and the band can’t even be bothered to meet you should get the whole tour cancelled and band sued for financial damages.

Well. You don't need to buy VIP tickets. No one forces you to buy VIP tickets. They are upfront that they won't sell themselves out like whores for pictures with VIP ticket buyers. And I think that's great, as that practice of paid Meet and Greets is tacky and sicking (charging the very people that put you in the position to charge people for pictures). People who pay those VIP prices are idiots. You are not a VIP anyway, when you have to pay for it.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well. You don't need to buy VIP tickets. No one forces you to buy VIP tickets. They are upfront that they won't sell themselves out like whores for pictures with VIP ticket buyers. And I think that's great, as that practice of paid Meet and Greets is tacky and sicking (charging the very people that put you in the position to charge people for pictures). People who pay those VIP prices are idiots. You are not a VIP anyway, when you have to pay for it.

They charge more than other legacy bands and offer less, that's not great. I agree VIP packages are stupid but if someone is spending thousands to go to your show, give them 10 seconds for a picture and listen to them talk about how great you are. That's not unreasonable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

What's her #1?

Stone Sour (who she had never heard of until we met 10 years ago 😂).

Our top groups are all the same just interchangeable as to where we have them.

GNR, SS, FF, and Halestorm.

Edited by B5Redeye
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, B5Redeye said:

Stone Sour (who she had never heard of until we met 10 years ago 😂).

If Corey Taylor had done an album with Velvet Revolver, it would probably be regarded as the best 'GNR side project' album. Hopefully we hear some of those demos someday. He's played It's So Easy with Slash a few times and it sounded great, I think he's done a couple other GNR covers too.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Nailed it mate! I couldn't've said it better myself. Thanks! let the war begin :lol:

On a side note: I know what I said might have hurt some. But honestly I just wrote one single sentence against the current. And that being the exaggerated excitement many people show for the same concert /same setlist every year. It's just not normal. ok?

now peace.

This. But I don't see anything wrong with people wanting to go multiple times. If you're getting something from it then who am I to say it's dumb or wrong, it ain't! 

I'm not really interested, but it's been a good long time since I saw them last. IF Axl is more on form this year I'll take in a new city and enjoy the show with some expensive beers... But I won't be upset if I miss them. They are one of my top bands, but live they aren't in my top 5 or 10 anymore.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If Corey Taylor had done an album with Velvet Revolver, it would probably be regarded as the best 'GNR side project' album. Hopefully we hear some of those demos someday. He's played It's So Easy with Slash a few times and it sounded great, I think he's done a couple other GNR covers too.

No doubt. He’s a great vocalist.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yep you can just buy “official platinum” tickets 😂

I don’t know which one is worse 😂

3 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Bruce Springsteen tickets for a recent show dropped to $6 on StubHub. I can't imagine  that a SP arena show didn't drop to below face value on there. 

I was checking Stubhub regularly till the tickets were pulled. But also I was not looking at nosebleeds or anything. I won't attend an arena show if I have to be far back.

2 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

That would be worse imo, like you think you're going to meet the band then it's just the hired members or something.

You gather at designated point for meet and greet, someone from management picks you up and lead you to a room, asks you to wait. Everyone is excited, bringing GN'R pics(esp Slash and Axl), CDs, etc. hoping to get an autograph too. Doors open... Frank and Melissa walks in. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, vloors said:

Come talk to me when you pay $700 worth of tickets to actually attend shows and get a huffing puffing half assed mickey mouse performance.

Everyone I know and talked to around us were disappointed compared to what we saw in 2017.

Demand just wasnt here either. They struggled to sell tickets for the high price they were initally commanding. Even casuals will only pay so much to see a half assed version NR or SCOM and if its crap they wont be forking out the same again.

So yes talk to me after actually attending a 2023 show and we can discuss further.

You seem to think I am trying to deny you your right to have your own personal opinion of the shows you attended. I am not. There is a difference between "I think the shows were shit" (I am obviously paraphrasing you here) and -- and I am going back to my original statement now -- "The Australian leg, the last leg, of the previous tour got wide praise." These two statements can live side by side. They are not mutually exclusive. It is perfectly fine that you didn't like the shows and at the same time that the shows were widely praised by others. There is no cognitive resonance here that you need to untwirl, you can just accept that other people think differently.

Because your statement is a subjective thing. It is about how you personally (and your mates) think of the shows. But I am not talking about you, I am talking about the larger picture of how the shows were received. Because out of audiences or 20-30k, there will always be different opinions. And the best way to gauge what most people thought is to look at reviews. Reviewers tend to watch many shows per year, they are used to comparing concert experiences, they are typically not hardcore fans and will not let a concert experience be ruined by minor things that we hardcores tend to get hangups on, and they are more representative of the casual concert-goers which make up the vast majority of the audiences. I then sent you reviews of each and every show at the Australian leg from A4D (and we don't cherry-pick reviews). All of them were either generally favorable to very positive about these shows. Thus, I think I have provided as much evidence as is possible to substantiate my statement that these shows got wide praise. 

Then -- for unknown reasons -- you urge me to watch shows now in 2023 and pay $700.... I have absolutely no idea why that would inform my conclusion on how shows in 2022 were appreciated in Australia.

11 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Nailed it mate! I couldn't've said it better myself. Thanks! let the war begin :lol:

On a side note: I know what I said might have hurt some. But honestly I just wrote one single sentence against the current. And that being the exaggerated excitement many people show for the same concert /same setlist every year. It's just not normal. ok?

now peace.

"Normal"? :lol: There is nothing normal about being hardcore fan of any band. It's the abnormality that makes us hardcores. If you expect normality, don't post at mygnrforum. Or don't post at any niche forum dedicated to obscure interests at all. 

There is something absolutely petty about raining on the parade of people who express an abnormal excitement over their hobbies and interests.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

You gather at designated point for meet and greet, someone from management picks you up and lead you to a room, asks you to wait. Everyone is excited, bringing GN'R pics(esp Slash and Axl), CDs, etc. hoping to get an autograph too. Doors open... Frank and Melissa walks in. 

Or Dizzy :lol:

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, WillBailey said:

How are sales going in your market?

GC is almost out for Paris but lots of good seats still available... For some other big acts in less than 5 minutes all tickets are gone here.

Germany seems to be going well so far. FOS1 is sold out, so are the better seats. You can get lots of tickets for cheaper seats though.

• Like 1

I tried to buy FOS for budapest but when it was my turn FOS was sold out😭! Only premium ee available and I don t wanna pay 300 euros.. so nothing for me… 

At least I scored tickets for the Oslo Tons of Rock festival where Skid Row and GNR will play the same day 🤩

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WillBailey said:

How are sales going in your market?

GC is almost out for Paris but lots of good seats still available... For some other big acts in less than 5 minutes all tickets are gone here.

You can't possibly guage ticket demand. 

Ticketmaster create the illusion of demand to shift tickets at higher prices in crappy locations. If it says it's sold out, it may well not be. They're bastards. 

Don't be fooled by any of their crap or pay too much for anything you don't really want. 

• Like 1

Just got GC Early Entry for Germany. Add shipping to Philippines(which is 30+ Euros), 409.40 Euros!!! FUCK!

17 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

You can't possibly guage ticket demand. 

Ticketmaster create the illusion of demand to shift tickets at higher prices in crappy locations. If it says it's sold out, it may well not be. They're bastards. 

Don't be fooled by any of their crap or pay too much for anything you don't really want. 

It isnt. Golden Circle for Paris was sold out. 10 minutes later, available again. They want you to panic and pull the trigger.