2023 WORLD TOUR

1 hour ago, nycgunner said:

I truly don’t get it. It’s the same tour. Every year. These songs have been beaten to death. They must be bored doing the same thing, no?  Surely enough money has been made to put their feet up for a year or two or three. 

If Axl sounded amazing, I’d go. But I could barely enjoy it at MetLife Stadium in summer 2021.  It’s a shame. Loved the 2016, 2017, and 2018 shows I saw. Even 2019 had its moments. 

Unfortunately I am passing, which I can’t believe 

I was at that show and thought it was really good. It was the second time I have seen Axl happy. He was joking with the crowd.  thought it was really good.I

1 minute ago, Subtle Signs said:

For ten grand you can fly GNAIR with Frank to the show of your choice . 

Don't be a jacka$$

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

Is there a "younger band" that would move tickets and fit in at a GNR show? I'd like to see Dirty Honey, Sometimes Y, The Cruel Intentions, etc. but aside from maybe Greta Van Fleet I'm not sure who would move a decent amount of tickets for a stadium show. Unless they went with a non-rock opener and got someone like Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals, which I'd definitely buy a ticket for...

I shouldn't have said younger,I guess I mean an act that can move say 5,000 tickets or so on their own and that has fans that'd pay to see them even at Gn'R stadium prices. I doubt many people last tour were paying to see Wolfgang. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I got an email about the concert just now from LiveNation. Very interesting last line from the email. It says "Guns N' Roses will be unveiling more news and surprises soon. Get ready!" Could this mean new songs? LiveNation did not enter that line for the 2021 show at MetLife Stadium. 

Makes sense, why announce everything all once when they can have several announcements over time?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Draguns said:

I was at that show and thought it was really good. It was the second time I have seen Axl happy. He was joking with the crowd.  thought it was really good.I

Don't be a jacka$$

I apologize your lordship. I'll treat this thread with the respect it deserves. The correct answer is the new line of GnR scented candles and toy trucks is coming soon for a price anyone can afford. 

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Maybe. However, their demographics are people 35 and up.  A lot of people this age have jobs. If not jobs then are on vacation. To me, it just doesn't make sense. I don't think MetLife will be a sold-out show. 

Rammstein did this last year at MetLife Stadium. Their concert was the Tuesday after Labor Day. It wasn't sold out until they heavily discounted the tickets. Even then,it still wasn't a sold-out show. 

You make great points, but I think the lack of sell out can be attributed more to the fact that they’ve played this venue three or four times recently and less due to the day of the week.

Hershey Rd. 3 is also confounding. 

4 minutes ago, Stryker said:

You make great points, but I think the lack of sell out can be attributed more to the fact that they’ve played this venue three or four times recently and less due to the day of the week.

Hershey Rd. 3 is also confounding. 

Not really. Hershey park is a huge tourist attraction. I'd imagine they  get a decent walk up crowd on the day of shows there .Not sure what the numbers were in 2021 but I was there and it looked pretty well attended and it must have been for them to be brought back two years later. 

Edited by Subtle Signs

8 hours ago, Spike Killer said:

Oh no.  That's the show I'm sure I'll go to.  I'd want Charlotte but it's a bit farther way, harder on the schedule, and a Tuesday.

Is it the venue that's bad?  Or the sound?  

Which aspect makes it the worst concert venue?

Super long lines for everything! Not near enough staff for an event like this. Strict curfew and they stop selling beer as soon as the headliner starts. Plan on 1 hour plus for merch stand, and at least 45 minutes for drinks. Plus getting out of the parking lot afterwards takes forever. It sucks, but yeah, I’ll be there lol

12 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

They are getting it. Promoters wouldn't keep booking them in US stadiums if there weren't millions to be made. 

Exactly. The promoters run a business to make a profit. They aren't insane GNR fans giving the band money so they can keep doing shows. After mech and beer sales I guarantee they turn a profit on every show.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Is there a "younger band" that would move tickets and fit in at a GNR show? I'd like to see Dirty Honey, Sometimes Y, The Cruel Intentions, etc. but aside from maybe Greta Van Fleet I'm not sure who would move a decent amount of tickets for a stadium show. Unless they went with a non-rock opener and got someone like Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals, which I'd definitely buy a ticket for...

Maneskin?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Coma16 said:

That Athens show is gonna be 🔥 

Crowds in Greece do love a good bit of fire. Went to Rockwave in 2018 and that was terrifying the amount of flares there were in the crowd.

10 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

This is the third time they have played Hershey since the reunion, which is probably the worst concert venue I've ever been to lol.

It's dilapidated sure, but I've been to far, far worse. 

10 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Depends on the band.

That crowd looks like a lot of fun

Definitely depends on the band in Germany. Granted I've only been to Wacken in Germany, but even across the same weekend you got radically different receptions. Whitesnake went over like a wet fart. Twisted Sister on the other hand, was wild. One of the best crowds I've ever been a part of. 

2 hours ago, Draguns said:

Maybe. However, their demographics are people 35 and up.  A lot of people this age have jobs. If not jobs then are on vacation. To me, it just doesn't make sense. I don't think MetLife will be a sold-out show. 

Rammstein did this last year at MetLife Stadium. Their concert was the Tuesday after Labor Day. It wasn't sold out until they heavily discounted the tickets. Even then,it still wasn't a sold-out show. 

Rammstein is not a great band to use as an example as they really didn't have a great draw anywhere. The problem was they had to be booked into stadiums to be able to do the full production, but they don't really have enough of a draw for stadium shows to really be successful (Yet, at least - I think this North American tour might have been a bit of a turning point for them over here as there was a lot of big hype and press surrounding it). None of the shows even came close to sold out, regardless of the market and the day of the week. I caught Minneapolis on a Saturday and Boston on a Friday. Minneapolis was less than half full despite being the opening night in the US and one of only two indoor shows on the tour, and Boston had a turnout of less than 30k. I also had standing tickets to Chicago from before COVID that I decided not to use, and I literally couldn't give them away. All that said I don't think the tour was a flop - I suspect they weighed the finances of bringing the full stadium show to the US and decided it was still a worthwhile endeavor. Let's be honest, there was never any scenario where they were going to sell out every single show the way they do in Europe, much less in a matter of minutes/hours. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

No LA date is a bummer. The band is not exciting enough for me to want to go down to San Diego so guess I'm skipping this tour unless I can get the deal of a century on tickets.

I’ll hold out for an LA or Vegas date between the 1st and 8th?

2 hours ago, Draguns said:

I got an email about the concert just now from LiveNation. Very interesting last line from the email. It says "Guns N' Roses will be unveiling more news and surprises soon. Get ready!" Could this mean new songs? LiveNation did not enter that line for the 2021 show at MetLife Stadium. 

Probably not the news we’re looking for, but Pink’s tour schedule; although she has more tour dates; lines up with GNR through Europe and the the US.

My theory is she will once again share the stage with GNR for a song or two on a few stops.