What’s Your Favorite (And Least Favorite) Song From The ChiDem Era?

This includes songs on the actual album, Oh My God, or any of the demos that leaked in 2019. (Only the ones with vocals) (post your least favorites too)

Mine would have to be either Perhaps or There Was A Time. But songs showcase Axl’s voice very well. And they sound like they could’ve come from the UYI era. Or maybe they could’ve appeared on the next guns record had Slash and Duff not quit. 

My least favorite of the ones I know would be either If The World or State Of Grace. These are both great songs but I don’t like them as much as the rest. 

Edited by Tripp
Cause
  • Like 1

2 Most Favorite

Sorry

Oh My God

"Sorry", b/c of the heavy Floydian vibes- and IMHO it showed Axl/Guns could still put-together a good, traditional "verse-chorus-verse" rocker (said it before, but many casuals I've been around really dig "Sorry"/compare it favorably to the UYI-era material); and

"Oh My God", b/c it was the first listen we got to whatever was going on in Axl's Mad Scientist laboratory. Purest statement of intent IMHO for what Axl wanted the revamped Guns to be ca. 98-99.

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY
  • Like 2

Atlas is probably my favourite GNR tune, however, I'm hard pressed to pick and it's always subject to change. What the album and what was on the Village Sessions showcase, at least to me, that Axl had a lot of tunes to give that new lineup a lot of momentum and create a significant impact in their own right. 

"Woulda, coulda, shoulda..."

• Tripp changed the title to What’s Your Favorite (And Least Favorite) Song From The ChiDem Era?

favorite to least favorite: 

TWAT

Prostitute 

IRS

Madagascar

Chinese Democracy 

If The World (this one goes to show how versatile Axl’s  band was) 

Sorry

Scraped (underrated) 

Shacklers Revenge 

Better 

Catcher In The Rye 

This I Love 

Riad 

Street Of Dreams 

Out of the leaks…

Perhaps 

Hard School 

State Of Grace 

Atlas Shrugged 

Oklahoma :headbang:

Silkworms 

Quick Song 

D Tune 

Nothing (I think it’s a cool direction)

Eye On You 

Edited by Spaghetti4twenty

If we’re counting the leaks, then the least favourite would be Eye on You, although I’m not saying the song doesn’t have some nice melodies/ideas or potential. I disregard tracks without vocals, that’s useless. As for the best one, that’s difficult. It would be somewhere between TWAT (kinda boring first part but rewarding second part, probably the best bit on the record), Better (contains both a reminiscence of more "classic" Guns and new approaches), and Oh My God, which has great melodies, albeit a bad sound. 

The only song off the album that I really don't care for is Sorry. Chinese Democracy needed a shorter intro but I love the song. Oh My God is still a huge favor of mine, it came out at the right time when nu metal and industrial metal were actually still on the radio, and stood out in that mix. 

On 1/19/2023 at 3:08 PM, BeingBoring said:

The only song off the album that I really don't care for is Sorry. Chinese Democracy needed a shorter intro but I love the song. Oh My God is still a huge favor of mine, it came out at the right time when nu metal and industrial metal were actually still on the radio, and stood out in that mix. 

The Village version of the title track is just awesome…..no long intro and no overdubs….I like the final version but the Village one is much better.

• Like 1