The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

1 hour ago, Dean said:

I had Atlas on in the car yesterday. First time I’d listened to it in so long. To think Axl has been sat on a song of that quality for well over 20 years is mental. 

Which version? the one on the CD with 3 tracks of it is so much better than the other one 

22 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Which version? the one on the CD with 3 tracks of it is so much better than the other one 

Version 2 on RM04 I think it was. That said, I do lean more towards the drums up version with Brain on the kit

7 hours ago, Dean said:

I had Atlas on in the car yesterday. First time I’d listened to it in so long. To think Axl has been sat on a song of that quality for well over 20 years is mental. 

Thats what I cant figure out, why?  that has the potential to be a really good one, heck I like this version and its not really finished.  Its disheartening to see all these bands releasing stuff, and they are to lazy to re-work a few old songs at the least. My wife is a HUGE Alice Cooper fan, he just said "two more finished albums"  Its really not that hard if you WANT to do it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

what's the name of thix song please ? Guns n Roses New Song With Duff and Izzy Backing vocals05/04/19 (youtube)

Just listened to that. Sounds a lot like Axl. It was uploaded 3 years ago though so expect its not GnR 

2 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

Thats what I cant figure out, why?  that has the potential to be a really good one, heck I like this version and its not really finished.  Its disheartening to see all these bands releasing stuff, and they are to lazy to re-work a few old songs at the least. My wife is a HUGE Alice Cooper fan, he just said "two more finished albums"  Its really not that hard if you WANT to do it

Oh I like Atlas but it lacks a good chorus and a little bit of strength IMO

• Like 2

On 4/25/2023 at 7:02 AM, allwaystired said:

Could flip that round though and say "life is too short to keep seeing the exact same thing over and over, when there is so much else out there to see and do?" 

I see both sides on this one. 

I wish to hell though that I felt as excited about seeing them live as I did in 2017/2018. 

I do understand "the other side".  And I do wish I was as excited as I was right after the reunion... but I also remember the feeling of maybe never getting another chance.   

I find myself going to far more shows at this stage of my life (just recently turned 51) than I did in my late teens/20s.  

I can afford the higher price of the tickets more easily and just know how much I missed and will never have a chance to see live.   Regret, it's a terrible thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rjuncajun said:

I do understand "the other side".  And I do wish I was as excited as I was right after the reunion... but I also remember the feeling of maybe never getting another chance.   

I find myself going to far more shows at this stage of my life (just recently turned 51) than I did in my late teens/20s.  

I can afford the higher price of the tickets more easily and just know how much I missed and will never have a chance to see live.   Regret, it's a terrible thing. 

I agree with you. I regret not seeing Prince, Ozzy, Chris Cornell solo (did see SoundGarden when they opened for GNR), Michael Jackson, and Whitney Houston. You don't know what will happen in your life nor theirs.  One day GNR may not tour. Heck, Metallica may not tour after next year.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rjuncajun said:

Last leg of the tour was the first I didn't see....and I feel I missed nothing and don't regret in the slightest not going. 

If there's no change I'll feel the same this time as I'll just be seeing something I've seen many times but not as good. 

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

That's a big regret for me too... I think he played acoustic shows in my city twice but I went to other shows instead, thinking I'd have many more opportunities to see him...

Same here. I’m still pissed that I had another commitment and had to miss when Temple of the Dog toured in 2016 or whatever 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

Fortus just kind of confirmed he has been working on new music recently (revamped studio sounds like recently)

Screenshot_2023-04-26-21-21-05-32.jpg

Screenshot_2023-04-26-21-20-54-31_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Just tried looking for Richard’s post on FB (his first post with the pics) and can’t see it. Has he incurred the wrath of the corn? 🌽 

21 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Just tried looking for Richard’s post on FB (his first post with the pics) and can’t see it. Has he incurred the wrath of the corn? 🌽 

i don't think the corn has been popped yet, the post is still up on his instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/CreFTbyONI7/

and the facebook link is

https://www.facebook.com/richard4tus/posts/pfbid0Na2vMF4CyKTSNXpeCDAPMpRg4gTX7XXX5bW4FpoauKgS5QDHq9YqeTQmtf5CQVcDl 

the comment replying to javier is still there too

• Thanks 1

We know they've been recording new (whatever new is) stuff though. Slash has said so, and years ago Fernando said the new album would be out in six months. But then it had to wait because of corona, I believe, because it was disrespectful to release an album at a difficult time. I'm paraphrasing, it must be over 3 years ago.

I have no hope for at least this year. We know the shows (or at least one show) are selling poorly. If they had something big as a new release waiting to happen, surely they would have promoted that to boost ticket sales. So my expectation is nothing new is coming at all this year. They don't even pretend it's a new show, or hint at something exciting is supposed to happen.

The last 'exciting' thing happening was the whole Spotify thing and we had to come up with it ourselves. I honestly expect more excitement drummed up by hopeful diehards than the band at this point.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

Fortus just kind of confirmed he has been working on new music recently (revamped studio sounds like recently)

Screenshot_2023-04-26-21-21-05-32.jpg

Screenshot_2023-04-26-21-20-54-31_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

First time ever he really confirms that they have worked on new music ?
Finally some good news....now just wait for more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lio said:

I have no hope for at least this year. We know the shows (or at least one show) are selling poorly. 

Which show is this?   I know The Hyde Park one still isn’t sold out and it’s been six months now.