The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

1 hour ago, BucketEgg said:

Gee, I sure hope this is one of those predictions where they were wrong.

(Because they've been wrong before:

Because if that prediction isn't wrong,

then what the hell!?

Where's all the material GnR had!?

All the recordings are just hoarded somewhere?

Did some failed-nerd accidentally wipe out all the recordings and the backup recordings too?

While Pele was incredibly annoying and hyperbolic with his insistence that there was nothing left that we haven't heard from the leaks, I always thought he was closer to the truth than those who believed there were 20+ completed unreleased songs with Axl vocals. The fact that the CD II track list that MSL got from Axl's laptop had so many alternate versions of CD songs seemed to indicate there wasn't enough songs available to even complete a second album, let alone a third.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

While Pele was incredibly annoying and hyperbolic with his insistence that there was nothing left that we haven't heard from the leaks, I always thought he was closer to the truth than those who believed there were 20+ completed unreleased songs with Axl vocals. The fact that the CD II track list that MSL got from Axl's laptop had so many alternate versions of CD songs seemed to indicate there wasn't enough songs available to even complete a second album, let alone a third.

I've heard of this MSL person before,

but how the hell did that person just somehow access Axl's laptop?! Break in? Remote hacking?

Why is this fandom so weird

1 hour ago, BucketEgg said:

Gee, I sure hope this is one of those predictions where they were wrong.

(Because they've been wrong before:

)

Because if that prediction isn't wrong,

then what the hell!?

Where's all the material GnR had!?

All the recordings are just hoarded somewhere?

Did some failed-nerd accidentally wipe out all the recordings and the backup recordings too?

Not really a prediction,they are just going off record label contacts is my guess. Plans can change. Who knows how long it takes to gear up for an album release? Blink 182 (Yes,haha Blink, though right now they are a bigger touring act than Guns in the US) reunited last year , are on a huge tour and released a number one rock single last October with the full length album completed recently and due out this October. 

8 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

but how the hell did that person just somehow access Axl's laptop?! Break in? Remote hacking?

The only thing you need to know is that you can't trust anything MSL said and hence you can disregard any argument that is based on anything coming from him. He was a known and self-professed scammer and liar. 

1 minute ago, Subtle Signs said:

Not really a prediction,they are just going off record label contacts is my guess. Plans can change. Who knows how long it takes to gear up for an album release? Blink 182 (Yes,haha Blink, though right now they are a bigger touring act than Guns in the US) reunited last year , are on a huge tour and released a number one rock single last October with the full length album completed recently and due out this October. 

On average according to bands both big and small it's 6 months to get physical copies, so unless you don't release physical copies you have to wait the length to get your album ready. So if GNR handed their new album over today, it would be a christmas release... and then there's also things to take into account like how many other major artists are releasing that month... which could mean the album sits ready for another few months waiting for an unimpeded release.

Blink 182 work at warp speed in comparison to GNR. Blink got back together, and began the process. They don't need 10 years to come up with ideas, they either have their individual vaults of ideas or they make fresh stuff there and then, the process is almost certainly no longer than a year. I just don't think they are comparable. Slash and Blink is a comparison, as they both work quickly. GNR would still be in group texts trying to figure things out by the time Blink had an album + tour done as well as the follow up (will be interesting to see if this comes true😄)

13 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

Don't know how, but some of the info he got he was certainly real. He revealed song titles such as Going Down & Tonto which were later revealed to be legit. While I do believe MSL has lied about certain things, such as having all of CD II in his possession, he has been accurate before and therefore while any info he gives should be taken with a grain of salt, it should certainly not be disregarded as obviously fake.

My personal belief is that he was trying to sell the documents he obtained from Axl's laptop to the press, but lawyers got involved and he was shut down.

1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Eh, we've heard from enough sources that have actually heard the material, combined with the leaks, that there are at least 18-20 songs from CD era that existed in some form with vocals 

In 2006, Axl said they were working on 32 songs, 26 of which were "almost" done. Bach claimed to hear 3 albums worth of tracks which could have been an exaggeration but is in line with Axl's quote. Richard,  Dizzy and DJ all commented on a couple albums of material existing after CD

Whether they're deemed worthy of releasing, or something that Axl wants Slash and Duff to rework, is another matter but

Silkworms/Absurd, Hard School, Perhaps, Atlas, Eye On You, State of Grace, Going Down, reworked Oh My God, Nothing, the cell phone recording of The General obviously all exist with vocals, so that's ten. We know that Soul Monster, Oklahoma/Berlin and Seven exist. Don't think it's unreasonable to assume there's another 6-8 "almost finished" songs from 2002-2014 era but again existing and being something that would be viable or of interest for the current lineup to rework and release is another story 

Edited by Mikey Whipwreck

2 minutes ago, Mikey Whipwreck said:

Eh, we've heard from enough sources that have actually heard the material, combined with the leaks, that there are at least 18-20 songs from CD era that existed in some form with vocals 

In 2006, Axl said they were working on 32 songs, 26 of which were "almost" done. Bach claimed to hear 3 albums worth of tracks which could have been an exaggeration but is in line with Axl's quote. Richard,  Dizzy and DJ all commented on a couple albums of material existing after CD

Whether they're deemed worthy of releasing, or something that Axl wants Slash and Duff to rework, is another matter but

Silkworms/Absurd, Hard School, Perhaps, Atlas, Eye On You, State of Grace, Going Down, reworked Oh My God, Nothing, the cell phone recording of The General obviously all exist with vocals, so that's ten. We know that Soul Monster, Oklahoma/Berlin and Seven exist. Don't think it's unreasonable to assume there's another 6-8 "almost finished" songs from 2002-2014 era but again existing and being something that would be viable or of interest for the current lineup to rework and release is another story 

I don't really consider stuff like Nothing and Eye On You actual songs, more like sketch ideas. But that's just my view.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I don't really consider stuff like Nothing and Eye On You actual songs, more like sketch ideas. But that's just my view.

That's fair. Particularly with Nothing. 

But, I'd also argue it's not a stretch to say they worked on them more. Better only existed in rough instrumental form in the Village recordings. I don't believe Scraped, Seven or The General were on there even as rough instrumentals. Soul Monster is only there as an instrumental. So we have proof they fleshed out, finished and recorded vocals for numerous songs past 2001

• Like 1

We already know there isn't an album. Slash said they did 5/6 songs. they've released 2. leaves 3-4. Yes there are 15/16 songs in the vault we know of, but they've not all been done by this version of the band. So I'd imagine those songs are dead forever (bar a Chinese democracy 20th anniversary release as unreleased tracks) 

What doesnt make any sense is that these 5/6 songs have been ready for 2 years and we've only had 2 of them over 18 months ago. explain it......

6 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I do think there is some truth to that, especially like I remember even Axl himself during the online forum chats of 2008 was asked how much material was in the vault and I believe he said something along the lines of "not as much as Sebastion Bach thinks there is" or something such as that (if anyone remembers or has the exact quote let me know!)

I was not even in total disagreement with Pele either, the dude just going at it in a very aggressively insistent manner lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

We already know there isn't an album. Slash said they did 5/6 songs. they've released 2. leaves 3-4. Yes there are 15/16 songs in the vault we know of, but they've not all been done by this version of the band. So I'd imagine those songs are dead forever (bar a Chinese democracy 20th anniversary release as unreleased tracks) 

What doesnt make any sense is that these 5/6 songs have been ready for 2 years and we've only had 2 of them over 18 months ago. explain it......

When did he say “5 or 6 songs”? I thought he said “I can’t remember how many we did” and didn’t give a number.

21 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I do think there is some truth to that, especially like I remember even Axl himself during the online forum chats of 2008 was asked how much material was in the vault and I believe he said something along the lines of "not as much as Sebastion Bach thinks there is" or something such as that (if anyone remembers or has the exact quote let me know!)

I was not even in total disagreement with Pele either, the dude just going at it in a very aggressively insistent manner lol

I think it's that he said several years later he had an album of material as well as the highly anticipated Chinese democracy remix album 

• GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

I think there's a big chance that Nothing will be released :lol:

Agreed, probably the only way we hear anything "new" in the foreseeable future is if it leaks. Maybe we get the reworked Atlas and Perhaps at some point in the next year or two but don't see anything happening beyond that. 

I still don't believe Absurd and Hard School would have been released without the Village leaks happening first 

9 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Honestly I liked where Axl was trying to go with Nothing. The version we have is definitely a skeleton but it has (had?) a lot of potential

• Like 2

We don't know what's out there.

They used over 10 studios for CD. I doubt all that just to fiddle with the Village stuff.

New songs plus something from the 90s could also be possible, for all we know.

The so-called insiders mostly get to a bit of information once or twice, which inflates their egos, and then they're just full of shit. Screw them. 

In any case, Axl needs a proper kick in the ass, and Beta clearly won't do. 

Edited by jamillos

I genuinely believe the only way we’re going to get a new record is if, somehow, someone leaks a good proportion of what’s being ‘hoarded’ by the band. I mean, let’s face it, if it weren’t for the Skwerl leak in May/June 2008, we might still be waiting for Chinese. Crazy but true 

9 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

I genuinely believe the only way we’re going to get a new record is if, somehow, someone leaks a good proportion of what’s being ‘hoarded’ by the band. I mean, let’s face it, if it weren’t for the Skwerl leak in May/June 2008, we might still be waiting for Chinese. Crazy but true 

I think that would butt-hurt Axl for another twenty years. 

On the other hand, we might get a quality rant or two out of it. :) 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I think that would butt-hurt Axl for another twenty years. 

On the other hand, we might get a quality rant or two out of it. :) 

Axl did release HS and Absurd only 2 years after the locker leaks

• Like 1