The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

At the China Exchange in 2016, he said he showed Slash and Duff CD 2 but he didn't known if soon was the word.

Dude, I'm referring to releases. Axl didn't say anything that would release anything. We know that CD 2 has been around for over 15 years, it's not new. Axl has been vague about new music, and I don't see him as excited as he was in 2006.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

Dude, I'm referring to releases. Axl didn't say anything that would release anything. We know that CD 2 has been around for over 15 years, it's not new. Axl has been vague about new music, and I don't see him as excited as he was in 2006.

If it's unheard and unreleased then it's new. But he also mentioned no release plans, he just said it existed. 

As far as brand new material with Slash and Duff, he has said closer to nothing about it other than he is open to it... but as Slash has said more than once, Axls priority is releasing his music first, so Slash and Duff will just be reinterpreting existing music, not creating from the ground up.

“I wanna go in and cut a whole brand new record at some point, probably sooner than later,” he said. “But other than that, we have stuff that we’ve still got to come out."

“So that’s gonna be coming out piecemeal over the next – I don’t know – over the next few months or something like that. So that’s basically it. We have one more tour left to do next summer, and then that’ll free us up to be able to go in and work on a new record.”

Slash also revealed that the band was working on music during lockdown. “They’re really good, too. So I’m excited for those,” he explained.

so yeah, there is music, it's not the question, the question is : when.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DeNfr said:

“I wanna go in and cut a whole brand new record at some point, probably sooner than later,” he said. “But other than that, we have stuff that we’ve still got to come out."

“So that’s gonna be coming out piecemeal over the next – I don’t know – over the next few months or something like that. So that’s basically it. We have one more tour left to do next summer, and then that’ll free us up to be able to go in and work on a new record.”

Slash also revealed that the band was working on music during lockdown. “They’re really good, too. So I’m excited for those,” he explained.

so yeah, there is music, it's not the question, the question is : when.

I remember back in the UYI days and I think it was Duff who said they emptied the vault for those albums so they could start fresh.  If true, when was this trio truly in the zone? 

1 hour ago, quikspade said:

I remember back in the UYI days and I think it was Duff who said they emptied the vault for those albums so they could start fresh.  If true, when was this trio truly in the zone? 

well, main reason was still because they all wanted their songs on the album because of ego and royalties and it became impossible to release a normal LP, but yeah, they threw them all...maybe they already weren't too optimistic about the future of the band too...better to have all their songs released before they split...even if your career is over after that, the royalties should assure you a comfortable life...

So Slash said last year that 2 new (reworked) singles would be released. Now that didn’t happen..and I’m not hopeful it will this year.

Was thinking do you think some old members who worked on Chinese put in a claim for royalties/credits on that material and that’s delayed/stopped its release?

Edited by reayj2003

1 minute ago, reayj2003 said:

So Slash said last year that 2 new (reworked) singles would be released. Now that didn’t happen..and I’m not hopeful it will this year.

Was thinking do you think some old members who worked on Chinese put in a claim for royalties/credits on that material and that’s delayed/stopped its release?

That's not the reason, the reason has one name and everybody knows it

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, reayj2003 said:

idk but I think it's more likely that Axl just chose to not release those (yet?)

1 hour ago, reayj2003 said:

Doubtful. Robin, Josh, Tommy and Paul all got credited on Hard Skool. And it's a near certainty their contracts stated anything they recorded for GnR could be released by Axl and UMG at any time. 

More likely, Axl just doesn't feel like releasing it for whatever reason. I'm sure Slash and Duff aren't pushing too hard to release more Paul Huge songs either. 

2 hours ago, reayj2003 said:

My opinion, Covid delayed everything, including physical music releases and still affects pretty much all sorts of things.
That aside with this band, those that didn’t give a shit before still don’t and those that did probably give less of a shit now.

I doubt royalties are stopping it as those things are usually hashed out in the beginning and I’m sure several lawyers were involved. The guys in a band making music is long gone and the business partners in GNR will do what’s good for their interest in the business.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, quikspade said:

My opinion, Covid delayed everything, including physical music releases and still affects pretty much all sorts of things.
That aside with this band, those that didn’t give a shit before still don’t and those that did probably give less of a shit now.

I doubt royalties are stopping it as those things are usually hashed out in the beginning and I’m sure several lawyers were involved. The guys in a band making music is long gone and the business partners in GNR will do what’s good for their interest in the business.

Covid delayed absolutely nothing in regards to new music being released. Had it not been Covid, it would have been some other calamity that was the hypothetical delay. We would be in the exact position we are now. 

18 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Covid delayed absolutely nothing in regards to new music being released. Had it not been Covid, it would have been some other calamity that was the hypothetical delay. We would be in the exact position we are now. 

Unless your name is Taylor Swift or Beyoncé or you own your own pressing plant for vinyl or CD, you weren’t having a physical release; hence those who don’t give a shit will continue to not care.

7 hours ago, Mikey Whipwreck said:

More likely, Axl just doesn't feel like releasing it for whatever reason. I'm sure Slash and Duff aren't pushing too hard to release more Paul Huge songs either. 

My guess if they are going to release anything it would be during the tour like they did hard skool and absurd.   I would say if they hit that Montreal date and nothing new is played then we probably aren't hearing anything new this year.

5 hours ago, quikspade said:

Nope...

Don't be a covid (convid) excuser... made no difference, wouldn't have released anyway... other bands did music vids from homes/studios.. live stream gigs... or still brought out new albums... this band is just a joke. 

Nothing new is coming, calm the farm buddy.. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bitchisback said:

My guess if they are going to release anything it would be during the tour like they did hard skool and absurd.   I would say if they hit that Montreal date and nothing new is played then we probably aren't hearing anything new this year.

I think if they don’t use Glastonbury to release something and create some buzz then they won’t release it. 

• GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, reayj2003 said:

I think if they don’t use Glastonbury to release something and create some buzz then they won’t release it. 

It’s crazy to think the tour starts in 4 days and there is not even the slightest hint of anything. This must be the quietest the forum has ever been on the eve of a tour.

This topic is getting more depressing everytime I open it lol.

COVID made no difference. Some artists actually released more new songs during the pandemic because they were stuck in their home studios and started writing.

Still hoping something happens with this new tour... but if it doesn't, well... this is getting pointless.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

This topic is getting more depressing everytime I open it lol.

COVID made no difference. Some artists actually released more new songs during the pandemic because they were stuck in their home studios and started writing.

Still hoping something happens with this new tour... but if it doesn't, well... this is getting pointless.

But according to @dontdamnmeuyi2015 Axl can't do two things at once apparently. If he's touring in the summer, he can't be recording shit before or after