The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

16 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

Nope :-P

The "my serpentine" in Welcome To The Jungle from Ritz '91 is overdupped from London '91. On CD and BluRay

I also noticed that Bad Obsession from Vegas '92 has a shaker during the guitar riffs that sounds like a sample that was inserted after the recording.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bmus1 said:

For the right songs absolutely. DTJ has been super rad and some of the jams they've been doing are worthy of proper release somewhere. Wichita can be a snoozer live but there are versions I love listening to from 2017. Also working under the assumption they'd touch them up in classic GNR live fashion.

The "new studio album?" to "maybe an official version of Wichita Lineman?" pipeline

yeah but then they should add Bad Obsession, PTU, DTJ, Down on the Farm, Its so Easy, SOYL, Reckless, Nice Boys, Brownstone, WIchita, maybe the best Dont Cry since 2016, maybe Patience and stop it there...the other songs sound really bad...

9 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

You're probably right but I don't recall that Instagram post specifically mentioning new Guns N Roses music. I thought it just said something about new mixes.

The new mixes part came from Sp1at

9 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

Ok dude what the fuck is up with deleting every single bit of public information about possible new music? Why are they doing this? Don't they realize we are the only ones that give a shit about the "Slashed CD" singles? Okay you release the song, play it live the night before, yes, you are gonna make a bunch of mainstream media headlines worldwide, maybe sales will go up a bit, and then that exact same casual fan that bought tickets is gonna completely ignore the song, and then start screaming like crazy while pulling up their phones to record Sweet CH'o M, there is no need to try and keep up this top secret/classified/silent, almost "taboo on GNR land" way of handling this, hey, the people you are trying to hide this from has already heard the song when it leaked back in 2019, most people (not me but most i guess) have been waiting 20 years for this stuff. Just do it god damn it.

In my opinion, it *could be* that something happened, plans have now changed and they are not releasing shit, but i mean what if Slash goes on Eddie Trunk again and tells him that more Chinese songs are on the way and all that? Are they gonna call Eddie next morning begging him to delete the whole show?🤣

It's insane how Slash, Duff and Richard are letting whoever is doing this, to deauthorize them in such way, it's not that we don't know the reason, but it's just so lame to see. 

It's super lame and extremly pretentious at this point. Hate this shit.

And yes, it makes Slash and Duff look like dorks.

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

It's insane how Slash, Duff and Richard are letting whoever is doing this, to deauthorize them in such way, it's not that we don't know the reason, but it's just so lame to see. 

I think that they don't even know that it was taken down.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I think that they don't even know that it was taken down.

Exactly this. None of them are social media savvy like they majority of the general public. It still amazes me that after all this time people still think these guys live the same lives we do.  They are sheltered multi-millionaires with a singular role which is playing music. 

Nobody cares what’s going on and even if they knew nobody would care. They will continue to do whatever they want to do for as long as they want to regardless of how the general public or their fans feel. 

Edited by HollyWoodRose84
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Exactly this. None of them are social media savvy like they majority of the general public. It still amazes me that after all this time people still think these guys live the same lives we do.  They are sheltered multi-millionaires with a singular role which is playing music. 

Nobody cares what’s going on and even if they knew nobody would care. They will continue to do whatever they want to do for as long as they want to regardless of how the general public or their fans feel. 

It's only people like us who went crazy over that photo then saw that it was taken down. Slash just posed for the photo then forgot about it. He has no idea what information was given by the studio or that it was taken down later.

• Like 3

In my opinion when TB overacts this extremely and gets stuff taken down it only means that whatever it is was related to new music. It’s a very odd and draconian way to go about it, but why else would they care? It’s pretty silly to imagine a journalist taking a photo of a setlist that had a very faint “The General” on it would prompt a take down of the photo but that’s the reality of this band and really isn’t far off from the Streisand effect.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

It's only people like us who went crazy over that photo then saw that it was taken down. Slash just posed for the photo then forgot about it. He has no idea what information was given by the studio or that it was taken down later.

Surely the band should care most about people like us. People who really love the music, listen to it everyday, check here every day for updates, really appreciate their art, can’t wait for more. Doesn’t feel like it sometimes, too often ☹️

But it's not about social media, they are obviously not checking comments on Facebook to see if some photos are still up... it's just funny to see how they don't care when it comes to their own position related to decision making even though the band is filling stadiums because of them, Slash said there was new stuff coming out "as we speak", Duff can go tomorrow live on national TV, say there is new music coming and again, most likely nothing will happen, but because they are millionaires they are totally unaware of that?

Of course i wouldn't care about the fans or social media if i was earning dozens of millions every year, nobody would. 

8 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

In my opinion when TB overacts this extremely and gets stuff taken down it only means that whatever it is was related to new music. It’s a very odd and draconian way to go about it, but why else would they care? It’s pretty silly to imagine a journalist taking a photo of a setlist that had a very faint “The General” on it would prompt a take down of the photo but that’s the reality of this band and really isn’t far off from the Streisand effect.

This.

It's like, hey, nobody cares about what it seems to be the name of a new song (half blurred) on the back of a concert setlist photo some guy took. Maybe about 50 nerds on a couple of message boards are gonna take the time to decipher what it says, you don't have to call someone from the webpage and tell them to delete it immediately. It's not that big of a deal. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

Nope :-P

The "my serpentine" in Welcome To The Jungle from Ritz '91 is overdupped from London '91. On CD and BluRay

I think this was because there was an issue with the recording? At least it’s to fill a gap and not replacing for perfections sake!

Edited by DTJ80

23 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

This.

It's like, hey, nobody cares about what it seems to be the name of a new song (half blurred) on the back of a concert setlist photo some guy took. Maybe about 50 nerds on a couple of message boards are gonna take the time to decipher what it says, you don't have to call someone from the webpage and tell them to delete it immediately. It's not that big of a deal. 

It’s insanity to me. If it was direct on the page I would get it to at least some degree. But it was barely visible. It almost feels like TB is taking the piss at people who use fan forums like us. We never get new music, and now we can’t even discuss the possibility of it happening? Does TB think that we are really supposed to be this complacent with how this band functions?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I think this was because there was an issue with the recording? At least it’s to fill a gap and not replacing for perfections sake!

yea i think too. Maybe a jump in the tape. Because in the audio bootleg he sings "my serpentine"... there is nothing wrong on his live performance on this part

I’m sure they know who and why it was taken down.  It’s done for a reason.  Probably due to certain people backing out of releasing things.  So they don’t want to get people speculating in event it’s not perfect enough or whatever the insecure reason is.  People who work for and with the band read a big chunk of this shit on all of these forums.  I bet there are people paid to monitor such things attached to management.  May not be TB.  I don’t think TB has much control of anything to be honest.  They probably are a contact point of booking and PR for the band and that’s about it.

Just release a damn album(s) already.  Slash/duff/axl won’t go in and track an all new guns record IMO.  I wish they’d taken Izzy up on just being a writing partner for the band years ago. Might have changed things drastically.  But then again, maybe not.  It’s not like Izzy’s solo career took off in any form.  

sure wish Robin would do more interviews and talk about his time involved in depth.  It would probably fall under the whole “that was so long ago” bullshit.  Same with Pittman.  Wonder when/if their NDA’s ever expire.

26 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It’s insanity to me. If it was direct on the page I would get it to at least some degree. But it was barely visible. It almost feels like TB is taking the piss at people who use fan forums like us. We never get new music, and now we can’t even discuss the possibility of it happening? 

We can't? 

• Like 1

I really thought that Slash and Duff coming back would change things on the music front. 

Part of me believed that maybe the likes of the label were creating obstacles to try get a reunion or that Axl was just insecure.

But now I think it's clear that it's just Axl and I'm not sure we'll ever fully understand why.

It must be such a weird trip for someone as productive as Slash to be in Guns 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, El Guapo said:

It's super lame and extremly pretentious at this point. Hate this shit.

And yes, it makes Slash and Duff look like dorks.

and the "plans have changed" excuse is worn out.  Plan on releasing a song and do it. 91735650567 bands do it with ease

33 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

We can't? 

The implication of TB taking down anything related to new music like a squad of ninjas is that they likely don’t want people to discuss new music. But focusing on the never ending nostalgia tour and toy trucks and jackets on the other hand…

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1