The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

4 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Just release the fucking thing. It’s not that hard. Upload it to streaming services. Put it on your goddamn site for preorder. Jesus Christ. It’s one goddamn song that already leaked half a decade ago.

Not only that, but the song itself is 23 years old, and doesn’t seem to have changed much in that entire amount of time.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 2

5 minutes ago, Illusion1987 said:

I think it's going to drop at midnight EST.

Which song, or songs, I don't know but most likely The General or Perhaps 

Too much smoke

I'd love for you to be right but nah, I don't think so. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

That's such a weird thing. It was called Hardschool back in 2000, and that makes sense from the lyrics, and released as Hard Skool, too, why was it temporarily called Jackie Chan back in 2008? It makes no sense why they should change the name to Jackie Chan. I get that it would have worked as a working title if it was intended for a Jackie Chan action movie, as a placeholder name, but 2008 was long after that happened.

Could it be that Axl is wrong and thinks of another song, the one that was actually intended for the movie? This could explain why neither Duff or Slash has confirmed they worked on Hard School - they didn't, because it isn't the song intended for Jackie Chan. Well, just a hypothesis.

That’s what I always thought too. Or he was just speaking gibberish to confuse everyone. 

• Like 1

From what I understand, this backstage tour and Q&A thing with Tom Mayhue is part of the VIP package, so I suppose it takes place at every show. That begs the question if it was the first time he was asked about new music or if it was the first time he answered such questions.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, alangarcianr said:

Perhaps and the general WILL be released.

problem is when… I mean, we all heard the song and we all know about the general for more than 15 years. Release the damn thing

unless they want to release a documentary of the EU + US tour with the songs. That makes a bit more of sense in delaying the releases (it was mentioned that there was a filming crew in some of the shows + the band posting rehearsals footage and some nice images of the tour)

edit: as I was typing the band just uploaded some more new nice images of the tour (these are clearly shot with a Pro camera, nothing that an iPhone or even a S23 could make)

What's the point of releasing The General now,  without a backing album and knowing the band will be taking a break in 2024?

Slash has concerts scheduled for the 24th with the solo band ... It makes no sense to launch the heavy artillery now!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

From what I understand, this backstage tour and Q&A thing with Tom Mayhue is part of the VIP package, so I suppose it takes place at every show. That begs the question if it was the first time he was asked about new music or if it was the first time he answered such questions.

Lame perk for VIP

• Like 1

I want to be hopeful here. They've been back together since 2016, they all have material and it seems they're working on it. This time, there's no law suits, no people in and out, no doing and redoing stuff. So, I'd say, if there's no falling out, there will be a new album in 2 or 3 years. 

Their tour is going really well, so they have to take this momentum.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Gigigil said:

I want to be hopeful here. They've been back together since 2016, they all have material and it seems they're working on it. This time, there's no law suits, no people in and out, no doing and redoing stuff. So, I'd say, if there's no falling out, there will be a new album in 2 or 3 years. 

Their tour is going really well, so they have to take this momentum.

What momentum? I agree that this would be a great time, if they actually wanted to release an album and not tour endlessly.

• Like 1

Just now, Blackstar said:

Strike that. Now that I re-watched it, I realized that he wasn't answering to a question but brought the subject up himself. Kind of like the Duff quote - the writer of the German Classic Rock article emphasized on the fact that Duff casually dropped the "news soon" line.

Could that be the official statement? That's what I assume.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

What momentum? I agree that this would be a great time, if they actually wanted to release an album and not tour endlessly.

The new Album would actually be another excuse for the endless touring. 

Axl promoted CD from 2001-2010. How long would he milk a new album? Probably until retirement.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Strike that. Now that I re-watched it, I realized that he wasn't answering to a question but brought the subject up himself. Kind of like the Duff quote - the writer of the German Classic Rock article emphasized on the fact that Duff casually dropped the "news soon" line.

Any forum members here doing the VIP tour at future shows? Maybe someone can ask him more specifically about it.

Interesting that he brought it up himself. I'm sure they all know that word would spread fast online just like it did about the soundchecks.

Edited by MaskingApathy
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

This sounds like a great way to not have to answer any more questions and stop doing a Q&A on the VIP Tour

Brilliant if done purposely 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Any forum members here doing the VIP tour at future shows? Maybe someone can ask him more specifically about it.

Interesting that he brought it up himself. I'm sure they all know that word would spread fast online just like it did about the soundchecks.

I think that it isn't the vip package but the ultimate package.