The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

4 hours ago, Sosso said:

The new Album would actually be another excuse for the endless touring. 

Axl promoted CD from 2001-2010. How long would he milk a new album? Probably until retirement.

I never seen a fanbase get so upset when their favorite band goes on tour.  I wish my other favorite bands would tour this much.  Would be awesome.

6 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

I never seen a fanbase get so upset when their favorite band goes on tour.  I wish my other favorite bands would tour this much.  Would be awesome.

It's because it's the same show/product being shown each tour/year and it's getting stale an worse each time and the price goes up?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Gigigil said:

I really like absurd. A lot of people don't care about singles. They want a proper album. For me these singles are a tiny sample of something we don't know - don't know what it is, if it will ever be and how it might be. So they don't give much. An album is a complete work. Huge difference.

They're not samples, they're full songs and the argument of 'one song vs. a collection of songs' doesn't really work for GNR - they aren't writing concept albums where it's one big piece of art like Pink Floyd. We have some idea of 'what it is' and regardless of whether Absurd is ever included on an album, it will always be one of their worst songs IMO.

We want albums but that's not how the majority of people consume music, and I think they missed their moment years ago to really capitalize on a new album. A few singles to test the waters is a good idea as long as they follow up with an album... but Hardschool and Absurd aren't even new songs anymore, and there's no reason to think they'll release an album soon after Perhaps and/or The General drops. So we can only judge these songs as standalone releases.

• Like 2

If it’s true that we are only getting six cd2 songs at most and then after that they’re moving on to leftover AFD/1996 material, then I wonder which cd2 songs are gonna remain in the vault. My gut is starting to tell me that they’ll never finish songs like Tonto, Mustache, etc., which is kind of a shame. Hopefully we get those on a boxset, at least.

• Sad 2

46 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Please show me a setlist in 2017 or 2021 which was the same as this last show.  

Well obviously this current run has been changed up, which is awesome! but it still is vocally terrible, and about 10 years too late. 

Glad I seen the 07 Axl with the braids, vocally on fire, band was tight, playing the Cd songs genuine. Imagine if the reunion was in 2010 ish... :o

2 minutes ago, Gibson87 said:

7smt07.jpg

It's like he is holding up his hands doing the

"Heyyyyyy heyyyyyyy" part 😜 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Well obviously this current run has been changed up, which is awesome! but it still is vocally terrible, and about 10 years too late. 

Glad I seen the 07 Axl with the braids, vocally on fire, band was tight, playing the Cd songs genuine. Imagine if the reunion was in 2010 ish... :o

This is the first tour since 2017 where Axl has consistently sounded decent for around half the show. I'd like to see them add You Ain't The First and Black Leather eventually, and bring back the slow You're Crazy, so we get even more of Axl's natural range. The Garden or Marseilles would probably be good too.

I saw him in 2010 and it was like a different person, it was the last year of 'classic Axl' IMO. I've enjoyed all the shows I've seen since then, but 2010 was a different level. The reunion was definitely late but the same could be said for most of this bands career...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

It's because it's the same show/product being shown each tour/year and it's getting stale an worse each time and the price goes up?

Except it's a vastly changed setlist/product being shown this tour/year and if it's getting worse nobody is forcing you to watch/listen & the price of everything is going up. Inflation is not really the band or TB's fault.

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Strike that. Now that I re-watched it, I realized that he wasn't answering to a question but brought the subject up himself. Kind of like the Duff quote - the writer of the German Classic Rock article emphasized on the fact that Duff casually dropped the "news soon" line.

Given the article got taken down, Can we deduce that the Perhaps single isn't happening? 

And, do we have any evidence the State Of Grace song is ever coming? 

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

If it’s true that we are only getting six cd2 songs at most and then after that they’re moving on to leftover AFD/1996 material, then I wonder which cd2 songs are gonna remain in the vault. My gut is starting to tell me that they’ll never finish songs like Tonto, Mustache, etc., which is kind of a shame. Hopefully we get those on a boxset, at least.

Those songs haven't been listened to, let alone worked on, by Axl in over 20 years.

2 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

Given the article got taken down, Can we deduce that the Perhaps single isn't happening? 

The only evidence of any song coming is Perhaps and that's only because they've been rehearsing it. The General is just a theory. We have no indication that any other song other than Perhaps is on the way. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

It wasn't taken down, someone a few days ago contacted them to ask and they had some sort of site crash that led to a loss of a few pages. They intend to print and I guess post the full interview in the future

17 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Those songs haven't been listened to, let alone worked on, by Axl in over 20 years.

The only evidence of any song coming is Perhaps and that's only because they've been rehearsing it. The General is just a theory. We have no indication that any other song other than Perhaps is on the way. 

The general has been spotted on setlists on two seperate occassions, so I would argue its not a theory at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bitchisback said:

So first the show was the same. Now it's obvious that it's been changed.  Why is it always the most negative take instead of being grateful that Slash Axl and Duff are all healthy and on stage together and a fairly active band.

They could be like Led Zeppelin and not have performed a show in 40 years.  They could be like Pink Floyd and have been at each other's throats for 40 years and never regrouped.  They could be like System of a Down or Rage Against the Machine and only get together for a tour once every 10 years.  They could be like the Ramones and everyone could be dead (rest their souls).  10 years too late is certainly better than never. 

I think it's awesome that every couple of years I get the chance to go see the band live. Every time they have added songs to the set and changed the production (even if not totally).  The prices are affordable (I paid 99 dollars for a GnR floor ticket this year where Tool is charging 400 dollars for a floor ticket here) and the band generally puts on a great show and will play for 3 hours and give it their all. Even if Axl doesn't sound like he did when he was 45 years old.

There are bands I love out there who tour way less, like Avenged Sevenfold and play a show half the length, like Avenged Sevenfold.  And Tool is only playing 10/12 songs during those concerts  that they are charging 400 dollars for.

GNR fans can be a miserable ungrateful bunch.  

Too each their own, an that's fine.

I'm not gonna go through all that an nit pick the obvious differences, an terrible points there.. yes we are happy we got the big 3 back fronting the band, it was good in 2016 but if you think that I 2023 it's still a great product than I'm happy you think like that, I'm happy there are other bands more active an engaging around playing an releasing music too :)

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I suspect your right that he may not have worked on that stuff for years. But how do you know he hasn't listened to any of it?

Axl has clearly worked on old Chinese Democracy material in recent years. Hardskool And Absurd were released a few years ago. Eye of You was (allegedly) used to add parts to Absurd. We know from Slash more songs have been worked on. Granted, I am sure some of the material from the locker leaks have been abandoned years ago, but we don't know the extent to what has been worked on in the last 23 years. 

Yep.  I’ll bet that all of this stems from locker leaks, axl and others listening and online constant discussion of the general.  

what I’ve found odd is the locker Shit has been up on YouTube for a long time now without being removed.  Kind of odd

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

This is the first tour since 2017 where Axl has consistently sounded decent for around half the show. I'd like to see them add You Ain't The First and Black Leather eventually, and bring back the slow You're Crazy, so we get even more of Axl's natural range. The Garden or Marseilles would probably be good too.

I saw him in 2010 and it was like a different person, it was the last year of 'classic Axl' IMO. I've enjoyed all the shows I've seen since then, but 2010 was a different level. The reunion was definitely late but the same could be said for most of this bands career...

Yeah, 2006 and 2010, I count among the best shows I've been too. I was 100% blown away by Axl's voice and presence. Axl/DC was very good as well. 2017 and on, I had fun nights because I lowered my expectations accordingly. That's the slightly painful difference. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Axl has clearly worked on old Chinese Democracy material in recent years. Hardskool And Absurd were released a few years ago. Eye of You was (allegedly) used to add parts to Absurd. We know from Slash more songs have been worked on. Granted, I am sure some of the material from the locker leaks have been abandoned years ago, but we don't know the extent to what has been worked on in the last 23 years. 

I mean got in a booth and sang