The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

21 minutes ago, chorrada said:

Is this drastic change in the mood just due to the recent setlist leak without Perhaps/The General or did I miss something? I mean, I didn't expect anything to come out any time soon, but I don't see why you can't be optimistic now when you were opstimitic a week ago.

We need the songs to be played and the singles dropped so we can talk about how we've heard Perhaps before and the General is too brooding and slow. Kidding. But the optimism to pessimism swings are something else. Always have been. Part of the fun of being a fan and lurking around these forums.

The songs could be released any day now with little to no fanfare. People forget it's not 1990 anymore and artist can just drop singles without announcements of announcements. Just like Guns did with Absurd and Hard School. People are also jaded as hell from all the "soon is the word" type comments from band members and personnel.  My two cents are that we're close to some new music, and really close to one of those elusive CD songs we've spent 20 years thinking about but haven't properly heard. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, betterman said:

Gnr fans are the best and the worst 😅

The song is coming, possibly more.

Album is being worked on, and the way Mayhue talked about it this is much more than Slash wishful thinking

Mayhue is clearly confused as he also stated there was a lot left over from the Appetite sessions. As far as his comments about new music being worked on, it's probably nothing more than he's heard what Slash has said in interviews. There is no evidence of any album being worked on. None.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Mayhue is clearly confused as he also stated there was a lot left over from the Appetite sessions. As far as his comments about new music being worked on, it's probably nothing more than he's heard what Slash has said in interviews. There is no evidence of any album being worked on. None.

Part of me believes he mixed up Appetite and Chinese

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, betterman said:

Gnr fans are the best and the worst 😅

The song is coming, possibly more.

Album is being worked on, and the way Mayhue talked about it this is much more than Slash wishful thinking

Well ....they've not managed to get one song out that they've rehearsed ready to perform, over a whole tour, so it's not looking good at present in terms of evidence for all this. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

So far Prince has released more after he died than Guns N' Roses has since 1991 and even that is with the Estate being rather conservative lately and firing the main archivist guy lol

Oasis released their entire musical catalogue and split up in the same amount of time since the last GNR album.

That's the one that always amazes me! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Not only is there no evidence, Slash flat out said not a note of new music has been written, worked on, or recorded.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DSTK said:

But as a demo for a soundtrack..bumble worked on it, longer intro ,better guitars 

Worth a shot, it's what I'd like ,not what you'd like...everyone's obsessed with perhaps and the general...their wish.  That's mine 

I said this already a few pages back-

It was not demo. It was a completed song that was mixed, mastered, and released. This whole demo narrative started after everyone heard the song and said it sucked and was weird. That was the initial response from almost all fans and critics at the time. Myself included. I will say it grew on me and other hardcore fans pretty quickly but most people thought it sucked then and think it sucks now. I have no idea why it was worked on again. It’s just not that good. Adding Bucket, Bumble, or Slash to it is like putting lipstick on a pig. It’s just a bit better than Absurd and that’s not saying much. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

It was not demo. It was a completed song that was mixed, mastered, and released. This whole demo narrative started after everyone heard the song and said it sucked and was weird. That was the initial response from almost all fans and critics at the time. Myself included. I will say it grew on me and other hardcore fans pretty quickly but most people thought it sucked then and think it sucks now. I have no idea why it was worked on again. It’s just not that good. Adding Bucket, Bumble, or Slash to it is like putting lipstick on a pig. It’s just a bit better than Absurd and that’s not saying much. 

I've always loved OMG. I love everything about it. The guitars, the arrangement, the chorus, the bridge, Axl's vocals, the solo. Everything. I never understood why it's always referred to as a demo. It's a kickass song as it was released, and for GnR history, is very unique, being the only song released with those that played on it. Imagine a band with THAT lineup? Fuck yeah.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I've always loved OMG. I love everything about it. The guitars, the arrangement, the chorus, the bridge, Axl's vocals, the solo. Everything. I never understood why it's always referred to as a demo. It's a kickass song as it was released, and for GnR history, is very unique, being the only song released with those that played on it. Imagine a band with THAT lineup? Fuck yeah.

It has its moments. The Disco beat is cool. The Eddie Van Halen guitar solo is cool. I absolutely hate the effect Axl put on his vocals. It was a massive disappointment in 1999 and makes the song sound incredibly dated. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Agree 100%

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

They can't even fill up arenas in the States.

Literally nobody can lol. Both company's have their strong markets but what irks me is the constant posting you see of "LOL THE VIEW THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO SEE" when it's literally happening in both company's. 

I dream of a world where we can all just pick one, the other, or bits of both that we enjoy and can actually enjoy without being ridiculed by the "other side" for it. 

Just now, Gunner55 said:

Literally nobody can lol. Both company's have their strong markets but what irks me is the constant posting you see of "LOL THE VIEW THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO SEE" when it's literally happening in both company's. 

I dream of a world where we can all just pick one, the other, or bits of both that we enjoy and can actually enjoy without being ridiculed by the "other side" for it. 

Literally WWE has been packed and setting records weekly on TV and house shows.

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Not only is there no evidence, Slash flat out said not a note of new music has been written, worked on, or recorded.

He didn't say that. He said nothings been recorded (besides the Chinese era material) and that they haven't been in a room together yet. However, he did deny the reunion right up until it was announced, he also lied about visiting Axls house all those years ago during the VR days... he's not above telling a few porkies when it suits. Could they have more stuff recorded? sure... do they? I wouldn't think so, but it's not that far fetched.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arnuld said:

I like OMG, but otherwise I agree. Axl mentioned "10 bonus tracks" in '02 and the remix album in '09(?) so I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume the re-worked version was never meant to be an album track. But the '99 version wasn't a demo, and the only time the song should ever be re-released is in a CD box set.

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I never understood why it's always referred to as a demo.

Axl tried to downplay it as a demo after people criticized it.

Of course it wasn't really a demo, but the mix does suck though. The only official release with Josh Fucking Freese and he's buried in the mix. :facepalm:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I like OMG, but otherwise I agree. Axl mentioned "10 bonus tracks" in '02 and the remix album in '09(?) so I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume the re-worked version was never meant to be an album track. But the '99 version wasn't a demo, and the only time the song should ever be re-released is in a CD box set.

Axl tried to downplay it as a demo after people criticized it.

Of course it wasn't really a demo, but the mix does suck though. The only official release with Josh Fucking Freese and he's buried in the mix. :facepalm:

I think OMG is a pretty cool song, the mix does have a demo sound... but listen to some of the albums that came out in the late 90s early 00s, mixes were weird back then. I just listened to the Murderdolls album again for the first time in years, it's the most bizarre mix i've ever heard. 

OMG vs Absurd... not even a question. Would love to hear the updated OMG with Bumble

• Like 1