The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

2 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Looking now, all of that stuff seems fake to me.

1- Who the hell has a LIST OF ENEMIES? Like "Better put Gilby in my Enemy list.... let's see... Files > Documents > Top Secret Folder > List of Enemies FINAL VERSION... Gilby... Clarke....There. Right between Gene Simmons and Gordon Ramsay."

2- Why the hell would Hard Skool be referred to as Jackie Chan? The only explanation, IMO, would be when artists get attached to demo names and find it hard to remember the new track names after they have proper lyrics.

3- It could have perfectly been just a blatant lie to pretend to have more stuff for hoarders. I mean... why would anyone write down that Ashba earned more than the other members and that Bumblefoot was jealous? Only if there's a leaked conversation by email that either involved Bumblefoot or someone talking about him behind his back, which would be so strange as Beta and Fernando used to live/live in the same house as Axl, why would they email each other compromising stuff like this?

Re: point 2: Axl himself referred to Hard Skool as Jackie Chan in 2009  (or 2008), so that is fairly plausible. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, UYI4 said:

Been so long, but is that song list supposed Axl’s blackberry screenshot?

Almost seems like it would say Hardschool instead of J.Chan. As on the locker inserts it read as Hardschool.

Some dude on YouTube commented on that live rehearsal of Perhaps and said

“perhaps I was wrong” lovely song written by Paul Tobias in November of 1998.  Some lyrics by Rose.”

HTF would that dude know that.  Unless he’s speculating. Perhaps always reminds me of an Axl’s Elton John moment 

Actually I'd buy that. Paul is a great songwriter going from what have heard so far. I can totally see the dong being started by him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cosmo said:

There is absolutely no commercial appeal for a Chinese Democracy re-release with bonus tracks in more than 15 years after it's original release. Even as an anniversary edition. It's not seen as a cherished/classic for a deluxe edition re-release. That would be a complete waste of money, energy and tracks that would be better marketed off as new material.

Well I was kinda being facetious but with Axl it's not something that would be entirely outta the question and realms of possibility...especially with his reluctance to leave that era fully behind...apparently.... 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

1- Who the hell has a LIST OF ENEMIES? Like "Better put Gilby in my Enemy list.... let's see... Files > Documents > Top Secret Folder > List of Enemies FINAL VERSION... Gilby... Clarke....There. Right between Gene Simmons and Gordon Ramsay."

2- Why the hell would Hard Skool be referred to as Jackie Chan? The only explanation, IMO, would be when artists get attached to demo names and find it hard to remember the new track names after they have proper lyrics.

3- It could have perfectly been just a blatant lie to pretend to have more stuff for hoarders. I mean... why would anyone write down that Ashba earned more than the other members and that Bumblefoot was jealous? Only if there's a leaked conversation by email that either involved Bumblefoot or someone talking about him behind his back, which would be so strange as Beta and Fernando used to live/live in the same house as Axl, why would they email each other compromising stuff like this?

Also stuff like

- the Creem magazine relaunch (which did eventually happen last year, but pretty sure they were never gonna promote a re-release of ChiDem)

- Sheng Tang Music Festival: no such thing

- Offers to play festivals in Shanghai and Beijing?????

43 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Re: point 2: Axl himself referred to Hard Skool as Jackie Chan in 2009  (or 2008), so that is fairly plausible. 

Since the Village leaks in 2019 I've become more and more convinced that that was just a joke from Axl that people took seriously and started making connections with plans to do a song for Mr. Nice Guy back in the '90s. "Checkmate" was just what the leaker was saying in response to Merck etc. trying to buy him off. I think the only legit title the song ever had was Hard Skool.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:
1 hour ago, Cosmo said:

I agree. A lot of bands do this as well. Lars Ulrich frequently refers to Metallica songs, particularly newer ones, by their demo titles. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cosmo said:

Guardando ora, tutta quella roba mi sembra falsa.

1- Chi diavolo ha una LISTA DI NEMICI? Tipo "Meglio inserire Gilby nella mia lista dei nemici.... vediamo... File > Documenti > Cartella Top Secret > Lista dei nemici VERSIONE FINALE... Gilby... Clarke.... Ecco. Proprio tra Gene Simmons e Gordon Ramsay."

2- Perché diavolo Hard Skool dovrebbe essere chiamato Jackie Chan? L'unica spiegazione, IMO, sarebbe quando gli artisti si affezionano ai nomi delle demo e trovano difficile ricordare i nuovi nomi delle tracce dopo che hanno i testi corretti.

3- Sarebbe potuta essere perfettamente solo una palese bugia fingere di avere più roba per gli accaparratori. Voglio dire... perché qualcuno dovrebbe scrivere che Ashba guadagnava più degli altri membri e che Bumblefoot era geloso? Solo se c'è una conversazione trapelata via e-mail che coinvolge Bumblefoot o qualcuno che parla di lui alle sue spalle, il che sarebbe così strano dato che Beta e Fernando vivevano/vivevano nella stessa casa di Axl, perché si dovrebbero scambiare e-mail compromettenti come questa?

1 - Sheldon Cooper of THe Big Bang Theory 😂

6 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Most of the time this thread is just fucking boring, especially when it's "hot". People discussing the same shit over and over about some songs nobody has ever heard 

It's so annoying, i just skim over the new posts now. Keep hoping some real news will come soon. I really don't care about the neverending speculation about which songs have which titles etc. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

It's so annoying, i just skim over the new posts now. Keep hoping some real news will come soon. I really don't care about the neverending speculation about which songs have which titles etc. 

don't worry about it. 2024 is a Slash year. Rejoice.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The #1 thing the song is missing is the guitar wails around the “I’ve been so upset, harboring this hate for days” type of parts. Really sad they got rid of those, they were probably my favorite part about the demo after the Finck solo. Not too impressed by Slash’s solo either.

The guitar arrangement on this demo is amazing. It's also great how Finck's solo kinda starts in the chorus already. Those amazing layers of guitars are mostly gone judging by the rehearsal, though I can't really hear anything Richard is doing unless he's only doing the power chords like Slash.

52 minutes ago, Amir said:

Since the Village leaks in 2019 I've become more and more convinced that that was just a joke from Axl that people took seriously and started making connections with plans to do a song for Mr. Nice Guy back in the '90s. "Checkmate" was just what the leaker was saying in response to Merck etc. trying to buy him off. I think the only legit title the song ever had was Hard Skool.

That's what I've always thought. Also the joke about the End of Days instrumental piece referring to a really cringy scene from the movie.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, UYI4 said:

Been so long, but is that song list supposed Axl’s blackberry screenshot?

Almost seems like it would say Hardschool instead of J.Chan. As on the locker inserts it read as Hardschool.

Some dude on YouTube commented on that live rehearsal of Perhaps and said

“perhaps I was wrong” lovely song written by Paul Tobias in November of 1998.  Some lyrics by Rose.”

HTF would that dude know that.  Unless he’s speculating. Perhaps always reminds me of an Axl’s Elton John moment 

That’s the same troll we talked about on this thread pages ago, the poor cunt comments on all the leaks saying stuff like: “Oh I remember that one.. Axl showed it to me in the summer of 04’, I wonder if he changed the chorus after all” 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

Interestingly, no Slash!

• Alan Niven
  • Tom Zutaut
  • Mike Clink
  • David Geffen
  • Bryn Bridenthal
  • Arlette Vereeke
  • Doug Goldstein
  • Peter Paterno
  • Lee Phillips
  • Eddie Rosenblatt
  • Jimmy Iovine
  • Bert Diexler
  • Charles Sussman
  • Michael Oppenheim
  • Ken Hertz
  • Universal
  • Vivendi
  • Merck Mercuriadis
  • Sanctuary
  • Howard Weitzman
  • Izzy
  • Duff
  • Steven
  • Matt
  • Gilby
  • McBob
  • Adam Day
  • Robert John
  • Gene Kirkland
  • Marc Canter

Wow! It list had the half of the Universe! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My source on the inside tells me that Slash isn't on that list of enemies because when he got drunk and went to Axl's house in 2006 or whenever it was, Axl crossed him off the list of people he wanted to throw the microphone at. :bitchfight:

It's kinda like that Adam Sandler movie where he called Steve Buscemi to apologize for being a jerk and Buscemi crossed him off his list of people he wanted to "ax". :hug:

It is not just a coincidence that they put SCOM in an Adam Sandler movie. It is synchronicity, II.

"Colonel Sanders works in mysterious ways." :bucket:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Outofgascar said:

My source on the inside tells me that Slash isn't on that list of enemies because when he got drunk and went to Axl's house in 2006 or whenever it was, Axl crossed him off the list of people he wanted to throw the microphone at. :bitchfight:

It's kinda like that Adam Sandler movie where he called Steve Buscemi to apologize for being a jerk and Buscemi crossed him off his list of people he wanted to "ax". :hug:

It is not just a coincidence that they put SCOM in an Adam Sandler movie. It is synchronicity, II.

"Colonel Sanders works in mysterious ways." :bucket:

"Man, am I glad I called THAT guy!" 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I'll take this any day over "Guns N' Roses comes up when I search for The General in Spotify! SPOTIFY HAS THE ALBUM AND IT WILL BE UPLOADED ANY DAY NOW! Quick - let's call customer support to see if those guys making $20/hr. know when the new Guns N' Roses album will appear online!"

That was simultaneously my favorite and least favorite time ever to come on these message boards. What a time to be alive.

Edited by GoodOlJohnnyK
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, bmus1 said:

I just realized Frank is staying on the hi-hat for the chorus of Perhaps. We must be getting a new drum track on that.

Also, I’m still not convinced Hard Skool is actually Frank and not just programming.

"That would be a question for management". 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Cosmo said:

There is absolutely no commercial appeal for a Chinese Democracy re-release with bonus tracks in more than 15 years after it's original release. Even as an anniversary edition. It's not seen as a cherished/classic for a deluxe edition re-release. That would be a complete waste of money, energy and tracks that would be better marketed off as new material.

Hard disagree on this.  There is always a market for ‘Deluxe Editions’ - I’m a Black Sabbath fan and you can get deluxe editions of 80s albums Seventh Star and The Eternal Idol which were nothing close to being decent sellers.

Like anything - do it properly and price it right. I really hope CD gets a deluxe treatment…we know the material is there. Plus - CD really needs a reissue on vinyl as it’s out of print AND suffered from pressing problems.

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

On 7/22/2023 at 4:08 AM, Arnuld said:

We all have Perhaps. It’s fine. It’s an average GNR song with an above average piano breakdown at the end. Maybe Slash will improve the solo. I think if we are being completely honest the only reason everyone is interested in a perhaps official release is that we all hope the General comes as the second single. 

I think the existing solo is tremendous….not sure who actually plays it (Finck?) but I’m not sure how it will work out with a new solo.

1 hour ago, bmus1 said:

I just realized Frank is staying on the hi-hat for the chorus of Perhaps. We must be getting a new drum track on that.

Also, I’m still not convinced Hard Skool is actually Frank and not just programming.

Yeah there's no way the drums on HS are real.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

Actually I'd buy that. Paul is a great songwriter going from what have heard so far. I can totally see the dong being started by him. 

6 hours ago, UYI4 said:

No doubt it likely was started by Paul.  Just weird some dude randomly says November 1998.

Actually, the main piano riff of the song sounds very Fiona Apple-style and I remember at least one interview with Axl expressing appreciation for Fiona. Because of this, if I had to bet one cent, I'd say it's an Axl song, built around an Axl piano lick. Most likely Paul will get a writing credit like many other songs from that era, but my educate guess is that it's mainly Axl's.

• Like 2