The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

22 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

I'd be more interested in Me and My Elvis / Soulmonster with vocals than Perhaps or The General. But maybe that's just me.

I really like the Me and My Elvis instrumental. Didn't Axl once say that he recorded vocals for that song?

Anyways... Perhaps should have been released already. This is taking too long and might amount to nothing at all unfortunately.

Christmas eve I believe...

• Like 1

You’d think it’d be easy

The General

Atlas Shrugged

Perhaps

State Of Grace

Oklahoma

Absurd

Hardskool

Me & My Elvis

Curly Shuffle

D tune

Quick song.

Release that.  Then next year go do a damn newly written record and release it a year or two later if you need.

Edited by UYI4
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Hold your rasp Dustin!

Shirtless Duff's just debuted the new single! 🤟🤟🤟

I love that guy but this is the cringiest shit I’ve seen in quite a while (probably since his last acoustic guitar video). I’m in physical pain 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

There’s nothing to “worry” about, it sucks but as GNR fans we just have to move on. Clearly they don’t really care about us or releasing music. Our lives will probably just be better if we focus on artists who release music and actually care about their fans.

Yeah they are too big to care.

Honestly if they never release or Perhaps or The General, it’s fine, we have a very good idea of how they sound, I mainly wanted them to do it so they could move on and release Seven or whatever they‘ve re-recorded

3 hours ago, CaioAKR said:

I mean, you don't need to be an insider to know Axl recorded vocals for Sorry, Better, Scraped, Shackler's Revenge and This I Love, do you? lol

Axl probably recorded vocals to several others songs we heard as instrumentals from the Village leak, as well, in addition to others we didn't hear in any form from that period. (Liked Scraped, This I Love, etc.)

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

I agree. I actually think a deluxe remastered Chinese Democracy might do better than the initial album release, from a press perspective.

Here’s a secret we all share on these Guns N’ Roses fan forums with regards to Chinese Democracy: it’s actually pretty good! It just has one fatal flaw: it was the single most mythical unreleased album in rock n’ roll history outside of the Beach Boys’ Smile. There’s no *way* it could have lived up to its expectations. For an album that took 13-14 years to make, an album shrouded in so much secrecy and so many rumors, it needed to be…well, it needed to be Rumours, by Fleetwood Mac. In other words, it needed to be an all-time classic. And it wasn’t. It sounded dated in parts, and it came out at a time when rock was at its most irrelevant, when hip hop reigned supreme and the throwback resurgence of 80s style hard rock and metal bands was still in its infancy. It sounded like yesterday’s fashion: an ode to 90s electronic and industrial styles in an era where that was no longer edgy or interesting. It just limped out of the gate with no promotion, no hype, nothing but a bizarre silence as the whole world collectively shrugged and moved on. It could have never lived up to the expectations that chained it.

But free of those chains? Free of those expectations, when we already know what it is? It’s pretty good. Not as good as Appetite or Use Your Illusion, but a surprisingly tuneful and aggressive experiment. A fascinating document into the mind of a recluse who had once taunted the world, conquered it, and then locked himself away in it after he’d chased away anyone who had ever loved him.

And that’s something that could actually get some good press and get some streams/vinyl sales: a critical reevaluation of Chinese Democracy in major publications, 20 years free from the weight of its own mystery. A new album isn’t supposed to sound dated, but a remaster doesn’t have that problem: the music, by definition, comes from another era,  and the modern critical evaluation of it removes it from its place in time and listens to  it with fresh ears, disregarding what’s cool or trending today. That’s an evaluation that I think Chinese Democracy would stand up quite well to. It would reframe the album not as the classic it should have been, not as the joke it was eventually expected to be, but finally as a fascinatingly adventurous album from a tortured artist who could never quite make anyone understand him.

👏 Very well put.

17 hours ago, tboneman said:

Iommi is also going to release rest of the Tony Martin era Sabbath albums as a box set. Those albums aren't even available for streaming right now for whatever reason. 

Iommi also plans to remix the Born Again album with Ian Gillan since they finally found those master tapes that they assumed were lost forever. 

But we'll see when and if those will get released. Hopefully soon. 

Yup - funnily enough I wanted to listen to Headless Cross yesterday and had to do it via YouTube! Can only be some daft rights issue with one of the record companies.

8 hours ago, bmus1 said:

I’m not unconvinced they recorded this in 2020-2021 and were relearning it during that soundcheck we heard. Duff forgot the chords for the climb a couple times under the “what a weight upon your shoulders” section and there was some other sloppy parts that sounded like dudes trying to remember something.

Yeah, but it doesn't change the fact that the solo Slash had written for it wasn't up there. And I'm a "Slash over nuguns" guy. 

9 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

I must say, Robin's Perhaps solo sounds a lot promising than that of Slash's from the soundcheck. 

Robins solo is absolutely superb - it absolutely nails what it needs to benefit the song. I’m not sure how Slash can top it TBH - and that’s not a dig at all….I just really like this one!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, CaioAKR said:

Guys, I know the skepticism is rooted in years of disappointment, but there ARE vocals on The General. lol At the end of the cellphone leak, that's 100% Axl screaming and it sounds awesome to me. Believe what you will, but if you listen closely to The General leaks, there's no way these aren't vocals.

Also, Sorry, Better and Shackler's had no vocals in the Village Sessions and This I Love and Scraped were nowhere to be found. It's pretty clear Axl recorded vocals after that.

Brain talked about vocals on Seven as well, unless he was joking. (He commented on the chorus and bridge, if I remember correctly, using words that would make some people uncomfortable, except Melissa ;) ) 

And Axl talking about recording vocals for Soul Monster.

I also strongly believe the following original songs have "final" vocal takes:

Berlin

Tonto

Cuban Skies

Monstrocity

I wish I knew if State Of Grace was further developed beyond what we heard from the 2000 Village mix. All it needs is a killer Buckethead/Robin solo and a final vocal take, which eventually of course would be replaced with an acceptable Slash lead guitar take, possibly shit drums by Frank too, or processed to death drums like with Hard Skool, which is unforgivable after the amazing Josh drums laid down for the 2000 mix we heard. I'm sure Brain did that song justice, as he does, but we will probably never hear that mix. (I hope I'm wrong, or perhaps I am wrong)

Those who were at the 2010 Vienna after-party where The General and Silkworms were played said there were one or more other songs played, with vocals, one of which was piano driven, and not Perhaps. I don't think it was mentioned by name earlier in this post.

Not to mention Axl said in 2006 they were working on 32 songs with 26 nearly done, and in 2014 saying they had the second part of Chinese Democracy finished, and for a while. 

All of this leads to a logical conclusion of them having considerably more material than just Atlas, Perhaps, Nothing, Eye On You, Quick Song (presumably with a finished vocal take that uses intelligible lyrics), and Oh My God left in the vault.

I don't get why people can't wrap their minds around there being stuff recorded after 1999-2001, I'm sure if we had a massive leak of the 2004 vault instead or in addition to the Village leaks, people would assume that Axl hasn't worked on anything post 2004 just because that is what they have. And the Village leaks wasn't everything the band had, it was just what was used as reference material to the then current camp, so probably a bulk of it, but not everything. We know they worked on Oh My God post 1999, yet it was not on those discs, nor was any version of This I Love, and apparently it was worked on in early CD sessions. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Robins solo is absolutely superb - it absolutely nails what it needs to benefit the song. I’m not sure how Slash can top it TBH - and that’s not a dig at all….I just really like this one!

Hopefully what we heard in the sound check is Slash playing Robin's solo, that by some miracle will make it into the final version. I hope they keep Bucket's work on Soul Monster as well. (That's all that the Village mix needed, and Axl's vocals of course)  @Brodie rest in peace. I know you were upset by the thought of Bumblefoot recording over Bucket's Soul Monster parts, now, we have an even more dire situation with Slash possibly messing that song up. I hope you can enjoy all what has found you over the years in heaven. <3

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

👏 Very well put.

Yup - funnily enough I wanted to listen to Headless Cross yesterday and had to do it via YouTube! Can only be some daft rights issue with one of the record companies.

Same thing with Van Halen and their 2012 A Different Kind of Truth album. Last year they took it off from Spotify and other streaming services without any explanation. I guess there was a 10 year licensing deal with UMG that ended and now the rights reverved back to VH but apparently they are so lazy that they don't care to put it back. 

So at least every GNR album is available for streaming! Well.. expect that Appetite For Democracy 3D live album. 😅

Edited by tboneman
  • Like 1