The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

1 hour ago, tboneman said:

Same thing with Van Halen and their 2012 A Different Kind of Truth album. Last year they took it off from Spotify and other streaming services without any explanation. I guess there was a 10 year licensing deal with UMG that ended and now the rights reverved back to VH but apparently they are so lazy that they don't care to put it back. 

So at least every GNR album is available for streaming! Well.. expect that Appetite For Democracy 3D live album. 😅

Was it ever? 

17 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Axl ran out of creative juice. Happens to most artists as they age. The difference is that most of them continue to churn out stuff that they know is mediocre just to keep their business going.

I doubt he ever did anything else with Quick Song. As far as Berlin goes, he probably did have lyrics, but never got around to recording them (like the Silkworms chorus).

Wasn’t “Oklahoma/Berlin” supposedly on the setlist for the HOB comeback show and replaced with “Riad” at the last minute?

8 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I don't get why people can't wrap their minds around there being stuff recorded after 1999-2001, I'm sure if we had a massive leak of the 2004 vault instead or in addition to the Village leaks, people would assume that Axl hasn't worked on anything post 2004 just because that is what they have. And the Village leaks wasn't everything the band had, it was just what was used as reference material to the then current camp, so probably a bulk of it, but not everything. We know they worked on Oh My God post 1999, yet it was not on those discs, nor was any version of This I Love, and apparently it was worked on in early CD sessions. 

I think the the reason people don't think theres many more songs with vocals is because GnR have released nothing in that whole time. I think there are some other songs with vocals. Not as many as you probably do, but to be at 26-32 there must be some. However it is very odd how hardskool, absurd, perhaps atlas etc leaked in 2019 now they are going to be the songs we get. Even the general which we prob won't get, has a partial phone recording leak thus we knew it existed with vocals. Why is Axl only capable of releasing things that leaked many years earlier? Why wouldn't he just release what he thought was best? Then again why doesn't he just release new music... just a waste of 25 years. 

33 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

Wasn’t “Oklahoma/Berlin” supposedly on the setlist for the HOB comeback show and replaced with “Riad” at the last minute?

I remember downloading the first live version of Rhiad after Vegas and the file was called Oklahoma. Don't know about the setlist, but maybe that's what you remember?

To release Absurd as the first single after the comeback was an "absurd" Axl Rose move, but I also think that song has a special place for him. 

It seems they want to release a more commercial single now and hopefully promote it in some way. 

Perhaps is one of the more catchier songs (all CD songs included) and is more reminiscent of UYI-era Guns n Roses. And we know that Axl and Co are (or maybe management) reading the boards as many of the changes in setlists, which songs (remember the petition for Estranged on here, Coma and more) etc. is actually wanted from the hardcore fanbase. He knows that both HardSkool and Perhaps got a pretty good response on here from the hardcore base

On 7/24/2023 at 11:27 PM, jackparker123 said:

Higher than an actual album being released in my opinion.

It's pretty crazy that we've never had a proper leak of The General when you think about it. Especially considering all the Chinese Democracy material that's leaked over the years.

Those 2019 leaks were an incredible time to be a fan of GNR.

Hope your right, CD2 leaks could be better too. Axl was on form in those years, very melodic music. 2019, I was hanging on the forum day/night, brilliant memories 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, betterman said:

To release Absurd as the first single after the comeback was an "absurd" Axl Rose move, but I also think that song has a special place for him. 

It seems they want to release a more commercial single now and hopefully promote it in some way. 

Perhaps is one of the more catchier songs (all CD songs included) and is more reminiscent of UYI-era Guns n Roses. And we know that Axl and Co are (or maybe management) reading the boards as many of the changes in setlists, which songs (remember the petition for Estranged on here, Coma and more) etc. is actually wanted from the hardcore fanbase. He knows that both HardSkool and Perhaps got a pretty good response on here from the hardcore base

Lol, if they considered what the hardcore fans want they would release something that hasn't leaked.

I don't see any excitment for Perhaps, anywhere.

On 7/22/2023 at 9:58 AM, kiwiguns said:

There are a number of things that could be preventing the band from releasing anything. It's not as simple as writing lyrics and recording the music.

Yeah, the "not as simple" part is called Axl Rose.  There you got your answer

• GNFNR 1

52 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

Hope your right, CD2 leaks could be better too. Axl was on form in those years, very melodic music. 2019, I was hanging on the forum day/night, brilliant memories 

The "hanging" part has a different feel nowadays.

=========
  +---+
  |   |
  O   |
 /|\  |
 / \  |
      |
=========

• Haha 1

If Keanu Reeves can take advantage of the writers strike to put Dogstar back together and finish a whole album (out In Oct) Axl could of pressed the big red button on one single right now....I mean the only thing holding it back is anxiety or I guess label pressure for promo!

Edited by colonizedmind

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

I think what’s ultimately happening here is that we’re simply overthinking everything. Anxiety? Labels pressing them? Axl’s so-called perfectionism? Some legal issues? 
No. We are the ones who submerge in this stuff every day, but the truth is, they’re having the time of their lives. Nothing pressing them, crowds buying out tickets, new generations of chicks loving them, all this while making tons of money by playing those old hits. And when they’re not on the road, some of them keep busy doing solo and others – like Axl – may probably just unwind and not think about GN'R at all. I mean, we see them primarily as musicians, but they also have lives outside the whole music thing, don't they. 
So while we keep saying "this must be it, it would be logical to release XYZ this Friday/week/month," Axl just probably sits back in his rose pink Cadillac, making bets on Kentucky Derby Day...
Yes, he does take things seriously, but he also has zero things to prove and zero deadlines to meet. That’s why I believe that those "it comes out when it comes out" statements Slash (and probably others) keeps making are closer to the truth than we realize. Axl just takes his time. And why wouldn’t he. He doesn’t read the forums (anymore), does he. Besides, he could play solely WTTJ–SCOM–KOHD–NR–PC for the rest of his life and still make money, as long as Slash is standing next to him on the stage. 
Do I blame him/them for this? Not really. Do I wish it was different? Why the fuck even ask. 
Rant over. 

I agree with you and have said similar things in the past, like you said though, doesn't make me any less annoyed about the way things are and have been with this band in regards to management, music etc. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I think what’s ultimately happening here is that we’re simply overthinking everything. Anxiety? Labels pressing them? Axl’s so-called perfectionism? Some legal issues? 
No. We are the ones who submerge in this stuff every day, but the truth is, they’re having the time of their lives. Nothing pressing them, crowds buying out tickets, new generations of chicks loving them, all this while making tons of money by playing those old hits. And when they’re not on the road, some of them keep themselves busy doing solo, and others – like Axl – may probably just unwind and not think about GN'R at all. I mean, we see them primarily as musicians, but they also have lives outside the whole music thing, don't they. 
So while we keep saying "this must be it, it would be logical to release XYZ this Friday/week/month," Axl just probably sits back in his rose pink Cadillac, making bets on Kentucky Derby Day...
Yes, he does take things seriously, but he also has zero things to prove and zero deadlines to meet. That’s why I believe that those "it comes out when it comes out" statements Slash (and probably others) keeps making are closer to the truth than we realize. Axl just takes his time. And why wouldn’t he. He doesn’t read the forums (anymore), does he. Besides, he could play solely WTTJ–SCOM–KOHD–NR–PC for the rest of his life and still make money, as long as Slash is standing next to him on the stage. 
Do I blame him/them for this? Not really. Do I wish it was different? Why the fuck even ask. 
Rant over. 

Yep 100%. New music seemingly isnt a priority for axl. He enjoys whatever he does. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

Yeah but that doesn’t mean he recorded vocals for it, necessarily. He never recorded the old silkworms chorus in the studio, as far as we know, yet they played it live.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah but that doesn’t mean he recorded vocals for it, necessarily. He never recorded the old silkworms chorus in the studio, as far as we know, yet they played it live.

You dont know that

Besides, Axl himself said that they had changed the chorus after they played it live. I guess he meant that he replaced the old chorus with Absurd

4 hours ago, Master Of Reality said:

I remember downloading the first live version of Rhiad after Vegas and the file was called Oklahoma. Don't know about the setlist, but maybe that's what you remember?

I definitely remember reading (years ago, mind you) that “Oklahoma” was on the setlist, but that they played “Riad” instead, for whatever reason.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Real McCoy said:

I definitely remember reading (years ago, mind you) that “Oklahoma” was on the setlist, but that they played “Riad” instead, for whatever reason.

People here said it was indeed the case, confirmed by someone from the band (at the time was still Goldstein?). But I still doubt it. I think it was a misunderstanding and Riad was always supposed to be on the setlist anyways. The had to have it rehearsed for sure.

If Oklahoma was also rehearsed, I don't know, but IMO this was always just a misunderstanding. When the first bootleg for that show surfaced, people were naming the song Oklahoma even though Axl clearly said in the intro "this song is called Riad and the Bedouins". 

How many officially released songs has Guns put out in total, not counting any boots...?

16 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

They should make a sequel to Get In The Ring and mention Nuno Bettencourt during the diss part.

”What, Nuno, you jealous cause Richard gets more pussy than you? Fuck you! Suck Richard’s fucking dick!”

Sucking dickies dick eh! 😉

I just think GITR should of made comebacks everytime Axl had a rant, then he could of put it across artistically 👍