The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

Just now, metalavenger99 said:

And they're coming back this year, they want more:lol:

And it also happens to be the first US show again (as the first two are in Canada), so maybe they want to debut the new song in the US, because Canadians, like Europeans, are not worthy :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, metalavenger99 said:

The worst part is that this picture has become like the official photo for GNR articles everywhere, i fucking swear every single GNR related news comes with this thumbnail.

"GNR to release UYI anniversary boxset" 

"GNR announces more American tour dates" 

"GNR rehearsed new song"

Read those headlines and you'll remember having read an article with that photo attached to it. (even though it's totally unrelated) Obviously there's some malicious intent behind it coming from the media. And clickbait of course.

I don't even think Axl looks bad in that photo. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I don't even think Axl looks bad in that photo. 

Yeah I'm half his age and if I'm singing or just have my jaw sunk down a bit I'm not gonna look all that great. 

I don't think there's any reason to using it, other than editors probably grab the most available pic with least resistance in terms of free use (at a guess).

5 hours ago, Draguns said:

I agree. I have no interest in listening to AI trying to be Axl. 

I'd like to hear Axl's take on some songs, including his lyrics and melodies. Hearing his voice on a Slash track can be somehow cool for the moment, but most tracks are lacking more than just the voice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vloors said:

Imagine if this was true

If you can't make it to the Alamodome, you can also catch Axl Rose, Slash, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan, and Steven Adler in Houston at Minute Maid Park on Thursday, September 28th.  https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/guns-n-roses-ready-to-rock-san-antonio-iconic-band-sets-date-for-alamodome-gig-entertainment-music-rock-concert-people-bexar-county-local

Job done :lol:

1 hour ago, Grayfox said:

On Sirius XMs Classic Rewind this morning. They played a Guns N Roses song then after the song the host said in the next 3-4 days Guns are supposed to release a new song. 

Might have just picked up the news from weeks ago from Tom Mayhue and Duff, but hopefully other sources

• Like 2

1 minute ago, betterman said:

Might have just picked up the news from weeks ago from Tom Mayhue and Duff, but hopefully other sources

Certainly possible. But I’d like to think they’d say something only because it’s reliable. Here’s to the hope staying alive

On Sirius XMs Classic Rewind this morning. They played a Guns N Roses song then after the song the host said in the next 3-4 days Guns are supposed to release a new song. 

Plot twist: He's actually a member of another forum and enjoys watching us from the shadows and figured saying that would get at least 2 more weeks of activity out of us. 

• Haha 1

This is oddly specific, i dont think he's going off information from 2 or 3 weeks ago. This sounds actually recent and promising....so, potentially friday.

Edited by Sonicjam
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, betterman said:

I dont think it randomly drops on spotify without an announcement before though

Maybe not. But with a show Saturday. It could drop this coming Tuesday

Definitely not saying anything is coming. I certainly wouldn’t hold my breath. But, there’s plenty of smoke lately. 

Edited by Grayfox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

Maybe not. But with a show Saturday. It could drop this coming Tuesday

Definitely not saying anything is coming. I certainly wouldn’t hold my breath. But, there’s plenty of smoke lately. 

You should smoke less then. :lol:

3 hours ago, Grayfox said:

Music doesn’t release on weekends or on the weekdays following the weekend. The timeframe doesn’t make sense.

Not saying you’re lying or even that they’re intentionally lying but it doesn’t seem true sadly.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

27 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Music doesn’t release on weekends or on the weekdays following the weekend. The timeframe doesn’t make sense.

Not saying you’re lying or even that they’re intentionally lying but it doesn’t seem true sadly.

Yes they do. A single or stream to a song can be done any day.

Wilco released a single yesterday

Songs can release at any given point.  My band had done it at random before.  An artist as large as these guys probably have a lot of leverage to do as they please as far as release days.  There was a well known rapper that recently released an album on a Tuesday not too long ago like they used to be 15-20 years ago.