The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

18 minutes ago, GnRFL said:

To re-do a song that was already released officially that wasn't all that great to begin with doesn't make any sense.  

To be fair, Silkworms was a song that was probably best forgotten but it got reworked and released as the first reunion single and that was eyebrow raising logic wise (although I do like the final version due to Slash's lead stuff). Axl got Bumble to add stuff to OMG and Silkworms/Absurd and NuGuns soundchecked OMG so I wouldn't be massively surprised if it's put out with Slash and Duff. Plus, whilst officially released, it's been forgotten in the wider world. Most people would probably still think it's a new song and a re-release seems to have been on the cards in the past.

Edited by Seb91
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seb91 said:

To be fair, Silkworms was a song that was probably best forgotten but it got reworked and released as the first reunion single and that was eyebrow raising logic wise (although I do like the final version due to Slash's lead stuff). Axl got Bumble to add stuff to OMG and Silkworms/Absurd and NuGuns soundchecked OMG so I wouldn't be massively surprised if it's put out with Slash and Duff. Plus, whilst officially released, it's been forgotten in the wider world. Most people would probably still think it's a new song and a re-release seems to have been on the cards in the past.

but Absurd never had its official release before 2021. OMG already was officially released 24 years ago, so I don't see the point, especially when there are other unreleased songs that could see an official release that we never got.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Rovim said:

but Absurd never had its official release before 2021. OMG already was officially released 24 years ago, so I don't see the point, especially when there are other unreleased songs that could see an official release that we never got.

Oh, I agree but I don't see the lack of there being a point to it meaning it's a barrier to it ever happening as it seems it was planned for a re-release at some point. Plus, if they were short of material then it would be one to put out if they wanted to put a compilation out or something.  Personally, I'd much rather have some unreleased things come out, especially as, unlike Absurd, the updated Bumble version wasn't as big a rework and bar some great guitar work, it's still the same song. 

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

And now Alice Cooper seems to "hint" at a new GN'R album, but I think Classic Rock's interpretation of the quote is a stretch:

https://www.loudersound.com/news/alice-cooper-may-have-confirmed-guns-n-roses-aerosmith-new-albums

It is indeed a stretch. But then again, to mention Aerosmith there is kinda odd, as it's been 11 years since their last release.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

And now Alice Cooper seems to "hint" at a new GN'R album, but I think Classic Rock's interpretation of the quote is a stretch:

https://www.loudersound.com/news/alice-cooper-may-have-confirmed-guns-n-roses-aerosmith-new-albums

Alice assumes that GNR function like a normal band and that singles must mean an album is coming, that's all.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

He was backstage at one of GN'R's recent shows (in Bucharest). Maybe there was talk in general about new music coming and he jumped to the conclusion that GN'R are releasing an album.

Now they has A Cooper like new spokesman...  :D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

As clickbaity as ever.  Not better than Blabbermouth, these days.

Edited by EvH
  • Like 2

On 8/20/2023 at 5:27 PM, Underhardy said:

It's not discussed enough, but the band should just dig back to their mid 90s sessions that went no where. Find a badass riff, make a rocker that actually would appeal to the masses, write something new. Axl's Rock The Rock vocals were fucking great. He can still do it in the studio. I believe that. Check out this quote from 96.. "[The 1996 tracks are] not something I would want to approach (without Slash), because, at the time, there was only one person that I knew who could do certain riffs that way. [...] That's the reason why that material got scrapped." (Axl, press release, 08/14/02). REHASH THAT MATERIAL

Ya know...Rock the Rock is basically a preview of what we would of got if Axl/DC had recorded an LP like rumoured...it's basically that. If anything it does show Axl can still (or at least 4/5 years ago) do it in the studio! 😸

Tyler hasnt been keen on a new Aero record, he'd prefer to cut another country rock one BUT perhaps the threat of lawsuits and jail has inspired him to do one last record for the "farewell" ....they've mentioned it in passing over the last 7 years with half the band keen.....he's a bit like Axl these days with new music (not quite as bad)

On GNR front...someone else said, there's no roadmap so we know nothing other than the ass of our own speculation....unlike Chinese which was named early and forever coming, so he's learned to say nowt and promise nothing...I dunno, I'd rather here an ambitious plan and it be delayed constantly than nothing I guess, part of the (painful) journey, we know that road... what about you guys? 

I do think Slash's hints and rough thoughts don't get enough credence in here, cause ya know....Axl and our recent quarter century history! BUT he's been real coy since reunion on music Slash, which rather should tell us, he wouldn't utter anything if it didn't hold a chance of occuring....he wants to cut that record post last tour (this one now)...he may not live in Axl's suitcase but the dudes probably got a gist of where this thing is and going by now...he's no idiot...so he clearly in his relationship/discussions with the ginger, believes music can and will happen...and it most likely will have been at least discussed....we in here, despite our vast (and mostly just) pessimism do not supercede what he knows and believes...Music IS coming, FFS TG and more! So he's softening up a bit is old Ax. Recording new vocals the other week does also disprove a ton of fans who said he'd never do such a thing again...so is a new LP coming? I'd say so ...this year? Next? Soon? Eventually I'll go with....for now, bring on Mr General. We've been expecting you for 15 years!!!

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Ya know...Rock the Rock is basically a preview of what we would of got if Axl/DC has recorded an LP like rumoured...it's basically that. If anything it does show Axl can still (or at least 4/5 years ago) do it in the studio! 😸

Tyler hasnt been keen on a new Aero record, he'd prefer to cut another country rock one BUT perhaps the threat of lawsuits and jail has inspired him to do one last record for the "farewell" ....they've mentioned it passing over the last 7 years with half the band keen.....he's a bit like Axl these days with new music (not quite as bad)

On GNR front...someone else said, there's no roadmap so we no nothing other than the ass of our own speculation....unlike Chinese which was named early and forever coming, so he's learned to say nowt and promise nothing...I dunno, I'd rather here an ambitious plan and it be delayed constantly than nothing I guess, part of the (painful) journey, we know that road... what about you guys? 

I do think Slash's hints and rough thoughts don't get enough credence in here, cause ya know....Axl and our recent quarter century history! BUT he's been real coy since reunion on music Slash, which rather should tell us, he wouldn't utter anything if it didn't hold a chance of occuring....he wants to cut that record post last tour (this one now)...he may not live in Axl's suitcase but the dudes probably got a gist of where this thing is and going by now...he's no idiot...so he clearly in his relationship/discussions with the ginger, believes music can and will happen...and it most likely will have been at least discussed....we in here, despite our vast (and mostly just) pessimism do not supercede what he knows and believes...Music IS coming, FFS TG and more! So he's softening up a bit is old Ax. Recording new vocals the other week does also disprove a ton of fans who said he'd never do such a thing again...so is a new LP coming? I'd say so ...this year? Next? Soon? Eventually I'll go with....for now, bring on Mr General. We've been expecting you for 15 years!!!

Well put and I for one agree with you on this one. 

On 8/22/2023 at 3:25 PM, Sweersa said:

"In This Grave" was said by the same poster who posted Soul Monster lyrics (unconfirmed) He wasn't implying it was a song title though, but it must be of some significance, assuming it wasn't BS.

But Axl did say Soul Monster would be the eventual title to that song, so unless he changed his mind, I expect it to be so.

Maybe they will do that again. ;) 

full lyrics or just a few lines?

1 minute ago, deathrevan said:

full lyrics or just a few lines?

A few lines. I think the poster (who claimed to be the same poster who had posted lines from the lyrics to Sorry before it was released, but it was never confirmed that it was actually the same poster) didn't say it was from Soulmonster, but fans have speculated that the supposed lines were from this song because they contained the word "soul".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

As I remember, a guy posted some lines from sorry on htgth a few years before CD was released and then he disappeared and never posted again. So... This guy came back just to do this stunt again? 

Yeah. From what I understand after some digging I did in threads from that time (I think around 2009-10) there were a few posters claiming to be the same "insider" who had posted the Sorry lyrics at HTGTH - just the one who posted the "in this grave" line seemed a bit more legit, or, if it was a troll, a bit smarter than the other trolls.