The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

On 2/2/2024 at 11:14 AM, ZoSoRose said:

I just don't believe there ever was a CD2 in the can. If there was, the quality just wouldn't have been up- to- par. I am thrilled we are getting the Chinese Takeout songs, now, but they didn't warrant an album release. This is the best, lowest pressure way to do it imo. I like them, but this album below would have by- far made the weakest GNR album in the discography and would have not done very well-

1. Hard Skool

2. Absurd

3. Going Down 

4. Atlas Shrugged

5. Perhaps

6. The General

7. Monsters

I know an album is not 7 songs, but that right there is just too much filler or less- accessible songs to make the meat of an album. I say that as a diehard fan who likes a good amount of them, too. 

Keep putting these finished songs as singles, and maybe release a website- only vinyl album, and I am happy as a clam. Putting all those out as a record in 2010-2014 would not have hit. CD itself seems like a much more cohesive work than these songs. 

If they finished some of the cooler instrumentals, that would have been another story, but who knows.

Hard Skool/Monsters single would have been a great 1- 2 punch, imo rock4. I'm just happy they are both able to be heard, now. Hard Skool is a kickass GNR rocker imo and Monsters is the best overall GNR song since 2008. 

My playlist looks something like this:

1. Hard Skool

2. Oklahoma

3. Atlas Shrugged

4. Perhaps

5. Thyme

6. The General

7. Monsters

8. Absurd

Love Monsters -> Absurd with the slow down effect at the end of Monsters. Based on how they've marketed the singles, they could release something like this and probably not even affect a real marketing campaign for a new album. If they ever did what, say, Billy Joel is doing right now for that. Or what the Stones did last year for HD.

Let's get this topic back on track with our fantasies!

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

Just stop digging, you are destroying yourself :lol: The fact you have compared her to them just shows the ignorance levels we have to deal with here. Next you'll be comparing the rolling stones and limp bizkit

how dare you calling a ranked Senior ignorant, you little nothing :bitchfight:

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Oh if Cobain was still alive he could well have been recording music for adverts and living on the proceeds of nostalgia tours

that. would. never. have. happened.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

What’s the next big unheard song everyone wants now, anyways? Seven?

Yeah Seven probably. 

Wildly unlikely choice: Eye On You with Slash. 

Even more wild choice: Something genuinely new. As others have said, I'm fairly over the leftovers at this point. 

8 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

What’s the next big unheard song everyone wants now, anyways? Seven?

Man, I think we’re all way too fatigued and let down by what The General turned out to be. That was supposed to be the true big gun we’ve fantasized about for 2 decades. Hard to really get hyped for anything CD era at this point. We’ll take whatever we can get, of course.

• Like 1

People always mention Oklahoma, Quick Song, etc. but The Rebel actually sounds like something Slash and Duff would sound great on. I can easily imagine a 'modern' version of it.

Zodiac, Tonto, Oklahoma and Circus Maximus are the most interesting from the Village leaks. But I want everything with vocals, whether it's a gem like State Of Grace or a turd like Eye On You, even if that means finally buying a ridiculously priced box set.

• Like 1