Least favorite thing since Slash/Duff returned…

9 hours ago, Spaghetti4twenty said:

Definitely the absence of music. I remember hearing buzz about CD Part II  coming in 2014 and obviously we got the reunion instead 

Shacklers and IRS would’ve been amazing 

I remember watching the Vegas 2016 night 1 livestream and hearing the new intro to Rocket Queen thinking it was Riad at first 🤣

Because slash did tease the opening riff of riad before that Rocket Queen. I was on the rail, 10 feet from slash. I was mind fucked for a sec. Couple songs later he ripped into coma and my night was made.. that Coma riff and Paradise city riff were the 2 hardest hitting riffs of the night. Just insane 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

TICKET PRICES

Sadly, that's a universal thing across most bands/artists the size of Guns. I managed to get Beyonce tickets for my better half and her sisters, £300 each! Ticketbastard are the real bent fuckers in all this. The artists and management are just complicit. It stinks. 

For me, the worst thing is very much Axl's voice. 10yrs too late. How many times can we say that about Axl's career - everything was late. Slash hasn't really covered himself in glory either. I just hope Oasis sort their shit out before they get too old.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

Sadly, that's a universal thing across most bands/artists the size of Guns. I managed to get Beyonce tickets for my better half and her sisters, £300 each! Ticketbastard are the real bent fuckers in all this. The artists and management are just complicit. It stinks.

But with the likes of Beyonce it's less jarring. Prices just went up gradually tour after tour, but with GNR everyone of the alumni and "GNR" itself had decent prices in the years between '93 and '16 and we all kept them afloat, supporting their various prices. Then they get back together and boom, we have to pay ticketprices 3 times as high, than what they were before. That too me is the most annoying thing. There was no need to jack up prices like that. It should be enough for them that instead of arenas they now can play stadiums again an make more money per show. There was no need to also raise the fee they are getting on top of that. And no, it's not just Ticketmaster that is to blame for this. All the prices start with what the artist is getting. If an artist is making 3 mio per show, that dictates what ticketprices will be.

Edited by PatrickS77

Worst thing for me is GNR's "War on Fans".

What I mean by this, is punishing fans for freely trading live recordings that were never and likely never will be made available officially.

In addition, I have the following gripes:

Axl's mickey voice is EXTREMELY annoying to me.
The predictable setlists also turn me off. 

The fact that Frank is on drums when both Steven and Matt are available.
I don't have anything against Frank as a human being, but he can't compete with what Steven and Matt could bring to the band.
I always imagined a "reunion" being a celebration of the golden era, and that the original five, plus Matt, Dizzy, and Gilby would have a part to play at EVERY show.
Instead, we ended up with Slash and Duff joining Axl's GNR "Las Vegas style revue" band. The spirit of the Golden Era of GNR has been long dead.
At such high ticket prices, fans are owed a more complete reunion, IMHO!

I am glad that a version of GNR featuring A/S/D is touring for those who are interested.
I won't shame fans that are still into what is on offer in 2023. However, I have checked out and won't be interested in seeing GNR ever again unless MAJOR changes are made.

Peace and respect to ALL fans of any age or era!
In the grand scheme of things, Guns are JUST a rock band, and not worth arguing over with strangers on the internet.
Life is too short! :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, Underhardy said:

Because slash did tease the opening riff of riad before that Rocket Queen. I was on the rail, 10 feet from slash. I was mind fucked for a sec. Couple songs later he ripped into coma and my night was made.. that Coma riff and Paradise city riff were the 2 hardest hitting riffs of the night. Just insane 

I've never interpreted the Rocket Queen tease as a Riad tease. Both songs just happen to start on E to F# in succession. I think it's happenstance more than intentional. Duff's bass does a very similar thing when it comes in - even on the studio version.

Edited by James Bond
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

He just wishes slash and duff were racist shitheads like he is. Poor him

Thats cute coming from someone in Germany who is pro-segregation... You should get a warning point for the personal insult.

Edited by Coma16

My least favorite thing is Slash and Duff just going with the flow and realizing the band is just their meal ticket now. They don't want any conflict with Axl so the band that they made successful is purely a touring band while their side bands are where they channel their creativity. 

• Like 2

Without question, the most disappointing thing is the lack of new music and the lame radio silence regarding anything band-related unless it’s peddling merch. 

There was so much goddamn excitement in late 2015 that continued through 2016. Slash and Duff were back. GNR were putting on killer shows. So much goodwill. And then … endless touring. The bloom is off the rose. 

• Like 3

Another thing: After having such a grudge against him for so many years Axl is seemingly content with letting Slash be the spokesman of the band. Axl never talks or gives updates on the progress of the band. The captain of the ship has no direction outside touring and if he does its not communicated. Its also pretty nuts that in nearly 7 years together again we haven't had a joint Axl/Slash interview.

• Like 3