06/01/23- Abu Dhabi- Etihad Arena

18 minutes ago, WildStar said:

According to the bloke on Fanspot they played all 3 plus others at soundcheck. He said soundcheck was around an hour.

There is a photo of Slash with the Travisbean posted by Megan so for Bad Obsession

The other songs from the soundcheck I suppose that are from the usually set no?

12 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

I'm happy, I love another act of nostalgia. I like PTU and Bad Obsession. Will we have harmonica with Teddy Zig Zag? Or did Axl learn to play? 😅

I don’t think Teddy will be out at any gigs anytime soon :unsure:

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

I would love to hear something reworked. Atlas Shrugged, Perhaps, just something new. 

We can dream.

Yeah, I mean even just a song would do so much. But, make it a belter this time. We know they’ve got them in the bag

Soundcheck was this 3 Songs . Street of dreams was also played . I hope they will play more Illusion songs . The last release was the uyi box , pherhaps they played this songs and get out the cover songs like Wichita , Seeker and Black hole sun. Also they play a new Version of knocking on Heavens door . Sounds different in the official video today 

17 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

The other songs from the soundcheck I suppose that are from the usually set no?

The only other song he mentioned was Sweet Child. An hour sounds long so maybe the band were jamming out without Axl for part of it

2 hours ago, ssiscool said:

Thing is, over half the set is staples that people expect to see. 

Over half? I think the only "must play" hits are WTTJ, SCOM, November Rain, KOHD and PC. The other fan-favourite staples are Easy, Brownstone, LALD, Estranged, YCBM, Patience and Nightrain. Given they usually play 25-30 songs, they could change up at least half the setlist and still keep everyone happy.

Hopefully Bad Obsession and Pretty Tied Up replace Better and Rocket Queen. Dropping Hardschool for Perhaps (or whatever their next single is) would be nice too. I wouldn't be disappointed if Coma and YCBM were dropped either...

• Like 1

Everyone here cumming their pants at the idea GnR are playing bad obsession and pretty tied up. Pull yourselves together. They will butcher them. We want new music and progression, not a slightly worse version of something we already had. 

I understand they've given us so little, that even a cup of piss tastes like fresh lemonade after a day stuck in the desert. But it isn't enough if they're not given us a new single at least. Just one!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, JimiRose said:

Everyone here cumming their pants at the idea GnR are playing bad obsession and pretty tied up. Pull yourselves together. They will butcher them. We want new music and progression, not a slightly worse version of something we already had. 

I understand they've given us so little, that even a cup of piss tastes like fresh lemonade after a day stuck in the desert. But it isn't enough if they're not given us a new single at least. Just one!

Many people want both of these things. So the possibility of even getting one is exciting. Plus the presence of one doesn’t necessarily indicate the absence of the other.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stryker said:

Many people want both of these things. So the possibility of even getting one is exciting. Plus the presence of one doesn’t necessarily indicate the absence of the other.

fingers crossed it does mean we are getting both, but I think that's probably a little optimistic given recent history. I want both, but one isn't enough without the other into year 8 of the tour. It was celebrated in 2016 and tolerated in 2017/18. but not now. 

19 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Over half? I think the only "must play" hits are WTTJ, SCOM, November Rain, KOHD and PC. The other fan-favourite staples are Easy, Brownstone, LALD, Estranged, YCBM, Patience and Nightrain. Given they usually play 25-30 songs, they could change up at least half the setlist and still keep everyone happy.

Hopefully Bad Obsession and Pretty Tied Up replace Better and Rocket Queen. Dropping Hardschool for Perhaps (or whatever their next single is) would be nice too. I wouldn't be disappointed if Coma and YCBM were dropped either...

I think that Wttj, Scom, NR, Kohd, Pc, Nightrain, Easy, Lald, Estranged, Rocket Queen, Patience, Nightrain, Brownstone and YCBM at this point have to be play just because everybody that goes nowadays to a GNR concert want to hear them, hardskool and absurd are going to be played for sure, and Civil War or Double Talkin Jive I don't think that will be dropped at any point, that leaves hipotetically 10 songs to alternate and that not counting CD or Don't cry at have to be play

19 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

They're both two songs I'd love to hear live, and would've thought it was impossible for the longest of times

Edited by kanecrescente
  • Like 1