06/01/23- Abu Dhabi- Etihad Arena

With songs like Lineman, Black Hole Sun, Seeker being played for years, no reason to not replace those and add even just Bad Apples and Bad Obsession.

Never a fan of CD album, but I rather have them play a few of those unplayed songs from that album than same ol’ covers.

The reports of PTU, the 2 Bads being played in soundcheck is promising though.

• Like 1

I am happy to see these deep cuts, but it really does bite to some extent that we’re still left in the dark without new music nearly 2 years after Slash said some more singles were coming. I’m grateful that we at least get anything to the setlist, it’s certainly better than nothing and I’m interested to see how they’ll sound, but fans wanting to hear some new tunes continue to be sad.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Sadly, you are the reason GnR Suck so much. They throw us a crumb and you accept it and say you are not worthy. They then believe we as fans are not worthy and now no longer even offer the crumb, when in reality they should be giving us the whole cake. Thank you SoE and Soul Monster. As you are the main brown nosers of TB and Axl in 2023, I am going to have to hold you both personally responsible for the decline of GnR. I'm sure there are thousands more who suck just as bad, but sadly you're going to have to bear the brunt. GnR are a legacy act (a poor one too) pretending they're a creative force just enough to keep suckers paying those extortionate prices. 

Or you could wake up and demand new music. 

🙏🤘

3 hours ago, ssiscool said:

Oh i aggree change the order, mix it up a bit. But were always going to have SCOM, NR, Jungle, ISE, Brownstone, PC, etc. One i wouldent mind seeing dropped is Kohd

OR just go back to the 90s version... it would be a breath of fresh air.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

OR just go back to the 90s version... it would be a breath of fresh air.

80's or 90's. That song was always amazing live. They made it their own and it was Gn'R classic.  Between they current live version and the UYI version on the radio the song has become lame as hell.  The song would also benefit from Axls low voice in a major way. It could once again be a very powerful song. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kingcanyon said:

I'd say slither replaced by bad obsession. Better replaced by pretty tied up & Black hole sun replaced by bad apples that's 3

3 hours ago, WildStar said:

Slither, Black hole and Lineman have to go. They really have to go

Black Hole Sun is already out of the set. They have only played it 2 times in the last 2 years (1 time in 2021 and 1 time in 2022).

Edited by We love Axl Rose
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

100% how I feel mate. Nice to have deepcuts, hopefully they're performed great - and aren't the only surprise.

It’s never over until we see the alt list

If nothing new it’s over for another year or so :axl:

• Like 1

I love “Breakdown.” 

“Bad Obsession” and “Pretty Tied Up” are OK.

Cool thing is I think Axl can handle them all live with his low register and doesn’t need falsetto or rasp. 

But overall hearing that these songs or “Bad Apples” or whatever have been soundchecked, that doesn’t excite me. I want new music. I want singles or a record ahead of the tour.  I want this band to be a real fuckin’ band. 

The irony of bringing back “Pretty Tied Up.”

Once there was this rock n' roll band
rollin' on the streets.
Time went by and it became a joke.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jamillos said:

PTU needs slight rasp in the chorus, i.e. the exact level Axl doesn't do any more. Bad Obsession would be much smarter. Breakdown wouldn't sound good at all. Down on the Farm, on the other hand, would. 

Disagree on “Breakdown.” He can do it in his normal voice and low register for the most part. 

• Like 1