Fortus disagrees with Nuno Bettencourt over Slash's guitar skills - Nuno responds

8 minutes ago, Rovim said:

more damage control by the silly ego maniac. The fact that it's still going and he keeps bringing it up only makes me feel that his self importance is stronger than ever.

my guess is that he doesn't give a shit about drinking a beer with Fortus. He just wants everyone to think he has class, which he doesn't imo. I really dislike his personality from what I can tell watching interviews with him and in social media he kinda became a joke after his online interactions with Fortus.

Complete douche. Talented guitar player and he has written some great songs in the past (there's nothing great about the new record).

• Like 3

On 7/28/2023 at 6:42 PM, thunderram said:

For those under 25-30 years of age, not being familiar with Nuno Bettencourt is certainly understandable. However, a vast majority of avid guitar players (specifically RnR players) will almost assuredly know who he is regardless of age. He's in an elite group of well known, highly respected guitarists over the past 40 years. His style spans many different genres of music (funk, classical, metal, rock, etc,).

I'm almost 40, play guitar and hadn't heard of this guy until this whole online altercation...

5 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

It doesn't say anything good about you as a guitarist then.

a rule you've made up in your head just now. In reality, it doesn't mean shit.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

Nuno is a great musician. I like some of his work in Extreme (More Than Words is an all time classic, and Hole Hearted is also great), and I do like one of his solo tracks:

But yeah, he's a talented musician with nice hair. But he's an ass. :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I'm almost 40, play guitar and hadn't heard of this guy until this whole online altercation...

Well we can't of heard of every successful musician but that doesn't diminish what he brings to the table.

You now know of him and know that he has a few platinum records, one HUMONGOUS hit song that's referenced a lot or at least was over the last 20+ yrs and he turns heads in guitar circles because he's a very talented bastard.

He's also top level douche, but wouldn't we all be a bit douchey if we were told how great we are everytime we left the house? 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2024 at 7:03 AM, Steff_66 said:

Nuno says now that he owes Richard an apology, what was stopping him all these months from just DMing Richard himself and doing just that? Lol

I know Nuno was asked about it here via an interview so he didn't go out of his way to bring up the little back-and-forth, but to me the answers he gives still have the sense of self-importance to them

8 hours ago, Rovim said:

yeah, Nuno is Portuguese.

Pleasantly surprised to learn he was actually born in Portugal. I thought he was like one of those Americans who says "I'm Irish" because their mother's sister's dog's father visited Ireland once a century ago 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah the new album is quite forgettable and the production isn't great either.

Considering how they threw a record out in favour of this material, you really have to wonder. Biggest talking point is a guitar solo! That's all the positive press that they are talking about. 

They need to go into the studio with someone who will say when it's really average idea, because their self producing isn't working or whoever is producing isn't doing their job.

Same can be said for many older bands, but I thought the Extreme record wasn't exciting at all. Sounded like a record made in garageband

• Like 1

The new album is great, one of the best from last year and Nuno proves he is one of the most talented and gifted guitarist in the world. 

He also is a diverse songwriter and have had some great solo stuff and sideprojects like Dramagods and Population1

2 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Fiona Apple last record was made in Garage Band and it was awesome. :lol:

Gorillaz made an album entirely on Garageband for ipad while touring and you can barely tell there were any limitations! And that was almost 10 years ago, I think. Technology is really facilitating the music creation process for many artists.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Gorillaz made an album entirely on Garageband for ipad while touring and you can barely tell there were any limitations! And that was almost 10 years ago, I think. Technology is really facilitating the music creation process for many artists.

It is indeed. I mean, I know there are limitations on Garage Band (it's what I use for my own stuff), but it's not that far from Logic. 

Surely I get what Tom2112 said, though. I just wanted to point out how amazing is this free piece of software. :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Fiona Apple last record was made in Garage Band and it was awesome. :lol:

Not saying garageband isn't good software, it has definitely got way more advanced since the original version. I use it sometimes, it just reminded of some of the songs I made when I was younger using the drum sounds in GarageBand and listening back now it definitely doesn't sound awesome, but I also didn't know what I was doing back then

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Not saying garageband isn't good software, it has definitely got way more advanced since the original version. I use it sometimes, it just reminded of some of the songs I made when I was younger using the drum sounds in GarageBand and listening back now it definitely doesn't sound awesome, but I also didn't know what I was doing back then

Oh I see. It's how I am right now: I think the drums are good enough, but then I try the SSD drum plugin and everything before sounds like shit. :facepalm:

• Like 1

I really wish Guns would feature Fortus more on studio material. He gets to play lead a fair bit during the tour. Why not have him play lead and a solo or two on the next album? Maybe he's already on a song or two we have not heard yet. I feel he's under utilized. He's the best current member to re-record the Bucket stuff, assuming they wan't to re-record that material.