Fortus disagrees with Nuno Bettencourt over Slash's guitar skills - Nuno responds

17 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

“If he wanted to”? Does that mean Slash plays lazily or not his best sometimes?

I think moreso that quote's meaning is, there are certain ways of approaching guitar stylistically such as rhythm comping and whatnot that Slash may not necessarily do in his own projects because they aren't required for bluesy hard rock music

But he could pick up those stylistic techniques and vocabulary no problem at all if he was interested in going down the "pop artist guitar for hire" route

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It would have been great if enny Kravitz did a guest spot.

Dave Kushner agrees with Fortus:

2023_370.jpg

Beta instead support to Fortus said, attack the "deadline" , then she deffend to Nuno... weird

1 hour ago, meadsoap said:

Ughh, I wish 4tus didn't respond like this. It comes off like groveling when he did nothing but disagree with an opinion of Sash's abilities as a guitarist and offered his own opinion.

If Nuno didn't mean to say that Slash couldn't do the job, he badly misspoke and needs to own up to it.

That's what I mean, comes off as groveling. Would've been better if he didn't say anything.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

Ughh, I wish 4tus didn't respond like this. It comes off like groveling when he did nothing but disagree with an opinion of Sash's abilities as a guitarists and offered his own.

If Nuno didn't mean to say that Slash couldn't do the job, he badly misspoke and needs to own up to it.

He responded to comments on his own IG post, too:

2023_371.jpg

2023_372.jpg

2023_373.jpg

2023_374.jpg

2023_375.jpg

2023_376.jpg

2023_377.jpg

2023_378.jpg

2023_379.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Wow 1

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

She liked Richard's post, so maybe she was just referring to the content of the headline.

I knew, but the deadline just says it that Nuno said. Nuno is responsible of his own words. I think she not should to take part of anything.

17 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Well it is a job for elite players. Your bang average player is not getting or keeping that gig. 

Also, when was the last time any of the people involved had a hit? 

Nuno is a tool, but he is a great guitarist. He just shoots off his mouth from time to time as he loves the sound of his own voice. Great player though!

Also, this doesn't need to be some battle of the fans. The amount of nuts in the comments of each guy saying "you're so right, your so humble and brilliant and an amazing person and the best guitarist..." It's just embarrassing seeing grown-up people saying this stuff. I get it, you admire someone but they are just musicians.

Agree with you here. 

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Responding to Nuno's post is one thing but keep saying the same shit to every user reacting makes him look like a moron.

Yeah, but I think Fortus often replies on social media, so that's just his thing.  Just normally we're not paying attention? 

2 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I certainly not. But I still don’t see the point in replying to every comment.

No, I agree with you. It's a silly discussion too, as basically everyone agrees. Slash is the greatest and can do any gig. Nuno is also one of the greats (apparently). And Fortus must be great too, as he managed to do the very complicated Rihanna gig.

Not sure what they're still talking about.

It just reminds me of an interview I read not that long ago about someone saying how we humans aren't ready for social media and can't handle it really.

5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

To bring home the point that Slash could have done the gig and continue to demonstrate what a class act Richard is. I think it is great.

This.

Nuno tried to say his words were misconstrued. But as Fortus highlighted (and ignoring the click bait headline), he said what he said and it wasn’t misconstrued at all. Someone counters his opinion with a different opinion and he threw his toys out the pram like a 5 year old

• Like 1