Fortus disagrees with Nuno Bettencourt over Slash's guitar skills - Nuno responds

3 hours ago, janrichmond said:

IMO Nuno comes across as a bit of a wanker. Fortus was very respectful with his reply, Nuno was not. :jerkoff:

Wow, I never thought that you would actually defend Fortus :lol:

But seriously, Nuno is the definition of a douchebag.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DanteStraviosky said:

THIS.

In my 31 years of being alive never heard this guy playing one note more than in that one hit wonder song "more than words"

You failed right there being 31 years old so probably have no idea. Extreme were huge in the early 90s selling more than 10 million records. Being on the freddy mercury tribute. Had lots of radio play with other songs like Hole Hearted, get the funk out and yes more than words. 

Nuno is a highly regarded technical guitar player and alot of players consider him up there amongst EVH capabilities. More people know Nuno then who richard is (barely anyone even at the gnr shows).

Saying that he should have just owned up and said he worded it wrong instead if being defensive. He came off very immature.

Personally I also see them both as sell outs playing for Rihanna.

It’s pretty funny how Fortus is literally THE best qualified person to comment on this seeing as he did NB’s role before him AND has seen Slash up front and personal for almost 8 years! 🤣

It’s a legitimate point for folks to make re Fortus as a songwriter etc but on a purely technical level he is extremely accomplished - his work alone on the CD stuff shows that.

NB’s response is really bizarre - most folk know who he is and his credentials so to go off like that…..just plain weird.

Good on Fortus - he called it right and did it respectfully. I don’t doubt it’s a challenge to switch styles during a concert….but it’s obviously very attainable as Fortus himself has proved from his time?!

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 4

Got to love a rockstar slapfight. We don't get enough of them these days.

Hilarious that at the root of this it's a slapfight over playing Rihanna songs.

This can only be improved on by Slash having his say then finally Axl wading in with a caps lock rant. *keeps fingers crossed*

:headbang::bitchfight::popcorn:

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Sorry to go a little off topic. That Radio show Is worthy of listen? Susan ask what we want to hear...I put Perhaps.

The selection of songs is usually good and they sometimes talk about GN'R a bit.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Rovim said:

why do you think Fortus should have kept his mouth shut? he's in a band with Slash, he knows him as a player and has also worked with Rhianna in the past. Also, I don't think it matters that Nuno is more well known and highly regarded in guitar circles. That doesn't mean you must act like a dick, which imo, he did.

it comes off as kissing up to Slash cause he defended Slash's ability as a guitar player? I disagree about that cause I don't believe Fortus is faking his admiration for Slash and I think he has a fairly good understanding of Slash's talent and skill.

That's just my perception, take it or leave it.

As far as why Fortus should've stayed silent, see below:

7 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Should Richard have said anything? Probably not. Did Nuno need to put out that god-awful response? Definitely not.

2 hours ago, metalavenger99 said:

But it's also clear that Fortus made a very stupid mistake by thinking the guy was dissing Slash, and then even posting about it.

I agree with these ones, both of them are to blame.

29 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

On a kind of related note, Duff and Susan praised Richard's playing on their latest radio show:

https://vocaroo.com/1ejrhLnwg2Mj

Lenny Kravitz was at the Paris show?! They should've brought him out and done Always on the Run.

34 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

As far as why Fortus should've stayed silent, see below

Maybe it was obvious Nuno wasn't dissing Slash, but I think Fortus has a point still, Nunos initial post was very misguided to me, because Slash has played on MJ songs, and he has not just played but even WRITTEN songs like "Gotten" with Adam Levine on his first solo album. I would see no reason to believe Slash would have any problem adapting to anything that Rihanna plays, both these things considered. And on top of that, this whole claim seems even more ridiculous when Slash is currently playing on the BARBIE soundtrack.

To me Nuno was just plain wrong and Fortus, in a respectul manner, called it out. And now Nuno is just digging his own grave.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

57 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

2023_367.jpg

2023_368.jpg

2023_364.jpg

2023_363.jpg

Ughh, I wish 4tus didn't respond like this. It comes off like groveling when he did nothing but disagree with an opinion of Sash's abilities as a guitarist and offered his own opinion.

If Nuno didn't mean to say that Slash couldn't do the job, he badly misspoke and needs to own up to it.

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

That's just my perception, take it or leave it.

As far as why Fortus should've stayed silent, see below:

Lenny Kravitz was at the Paris show?! They should've brought him out and done Always on the Run.

It would have been great if enny Kravitz did a guest spot.

Dave Kushner agrees with Fortus:

2023_370.jpg

• Like 2