Fortus disagrees with Nuno Bettencourt over Slash's guitar skills - Nuno responds

1 hour ago, Gibbo said:

Ah the whole "I am making a video of myself talking so you know it is genuine even though I could have just typed things like I did in all the messages regarding this issue previously" thing :lol:  I respect the dude's guitar playing but this is more cringeworhy than seeing the Puddle of Mudd guy try and cover a Nirvana song

• Like 2

2 hours ago, betterman said:

He (Nuno) has now publically said sorry and wants to grab a beer with Fortus! 

A nice end to the story ;)

This is how to get an invitation to a Guns N' Roses show. :lol: Fortus already responded.

32 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Ah the whole "I am making a video of myself talking so you know it is genuine even though I could have just typed things like I did in all the messages regarding this issue previously" thing :lol:  I respect the dude's guitar playing but this is more cringeworhy than seeing the Puddle of Mudd guy try and cover a Nirvana song

Oh, well. A typed thing could also come from a PR guy.

25 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Oh well, it's the truth, isn't it? Irrelevant in this argument, but still the truth. Replacement player in that band is what he will be known most for.

Oh, come on! XD

Is Brian Johnson the new guy in AC/DC for you as well?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Oh, come on! XD

Haha comparing Brian who wrote and sang on one of the highest selling, and greatest, rock albums of all time to Richard Fortus, a jobbing sideman who is only the fourth best guitarist on the one GNR album he played on from 2008.

Edited by Billy Cundy
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Oh, come on! XD

Dude... please. Brian Johson gave new life to a band that had just lost it's frontman. He recorded one of the best selling albums of all time, and then went on to have more albums recorded with AC/DC than Bon Scott. Richard Fortus is the replacement of a replacement in a band that has released a single album in more than two decades. An album in which he's not a part of, he did not compose a single track of and that was not a high-selling critical success. Richard would be more like Stevie Young or something. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Oh, come on! XD

Nah. But you don't really want to compare Brian Johnson to Richard Fortus, do you?? The Brian Johnson who sings on the biggest selling AC/DC album. And yet, to some die hards even Brian Johnson is just the replacement.

5 hours ago, Rovim said:

is this guy an annoying ass and an idiot? idk I found it surprising how much cringe he Nuno packed into one clip. he acts like a 12 year old and the apology doesn't seem genuine at all, like he read a few nasty comments about him online and it bothred him so now he's talking about it again.

I couldn't have said it better

4 hours ago, Cosmo said:

Dude... please. Brian Johson gave new life to a band that had just lost it's frontman. He recorded one of the best selling albums of all time, and then went on to have more albums recorded with AC/DC than Bon Scott. Richard Fortus is the replacement of a replacement in a band that has released a single album in more than two decades. An album in which he's not a part of, he did not compose a single track of and that was not a high-selling critical success. Richard would be more like Stevie Young or something. 

Well... Richard played in much more tours than Slash.

The fact that Band didnt released a track is not Richard fault.

Or you blame Slash and Duff for releasing songs that were written and recorded 20 years ago?

If you think Fortus is a replacement for GNR, Brian is a replacement for Ac/Dc

3 minutes ago, Beto 22 said:

Well... Richard played in much more tours than Slash.

The fact that Band didnt released a track is not Richard fault.

Or you blame Slash and Duff for releasing songs that were written and recorded 20 years ago?

If you think Fortus is a replacement for GNR, Brian is a replacement for Ac/Dc

Brian is a replacement in AC/DC. But he's one of the best replacements in the history of music. Richard did nothing. "It's not his fault". And? Still did nothing. Facts are facts. No one cares about Richard. People that go to GnR concerts often don't know his name. Brian changed AC/DC forever and because a signature part of it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Brian is a replacement in AC/DC. But he's one of the best replacements in the history of music. Richard did nothing. "It's not his fault". And? Still did nothing. Facts are facts. No one cares about Richard. People that go to GnR concerts often don't know his name. Brian changed AC/DC forever and because a signature part of it.

Brian's definitely a replacement in AC/DC and even he was/is very successful as a replacement I don’t rate him as a very good one. For my taste Bon Scott was way better. 

Of course Richard is a replacement in Guns. He's a hired hand like Frank, Dizzy, Mel and a lot of guitarists before him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

I can’t quite wrap my head around why so many seem to have an issue with Richard on here.

Seems a solid dude who has paid his dues with the band for around 20 years and as a player is extremely accomplished and versatile.

He was absolutely on the money in calling out NB yet folk reckon he should STFU? Why should he exactly - he is literally the best placed person on the planet to make the comment he did bearing in mind his history.

I just can’t understand why anyone thinks he is in the wrong here or has an issue with him generally? Yes - he is not Izzy…but no-one is so what can you do?

Speaking for myself I don’t have an issue with him. He’s  just a hired hand and tows the line. 

I would feel differently about him and my guess is others would too if this band had been releasing albums worth of material that Richard helped write over the last 20 years but that’s not the case. He is an excellent session musician.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Speaking for myself I don’t have an issue with him. He’s  just a hired hand and tows the line. 

I would feel differently about him and my guess is others would too if this band had been releasing albums worth of material that Richard helped write over the last 20 years but that’s not the case. He is an excellent session musician.

Which is a balanced and fair take. But others really speak down on him and I can’t see exactly why they would have reason to other than being pissed that he is taking Izzy’s place. He doesn’t rock the boat, compliments the band well and is extremely versatile (particularly on the CD stuff).

Of course the songwriter part is fair enough although for all we know he HAS contributed stuff….we just haven’t bloody heard it yet! 🤣

• Like 1