Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

Just caught up with all this.

Great to have a new chapter in the utterly ludicrous carcrash history of GNR. 

Back to phone clips of tracks! Just like the good old days. 

Quite a laugh to think that somewhere a few cents are going to GNR as royalty payments for the plays of this. Be hilarious if that was the first they found out about people hearing it! 

• GNFNR 1

14 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I don’t know if someone posted this, but the song is already on some Japanese website that sells music.

image.png

It can be seen in the Wayback Machine: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://ototoy.jp/_/default/p/1766070

And if you access the link now, it has a countdown that leads to a Friday release (8/18): https://ototoy.jp/_/default/p/1766070

Also, HQ “artwork” here:

Perhaps.jpg

Thanks HGH :) 

that's a nice find! it gives more credence to the release date being on the 18th, instead of just relying on a news source citing a vague insider information.

Edited by BucketEgg
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I don’t know if someone posted this, but the song is already on some Japanese website that sells music.

image.png

It can be seen in the Wayback Machine: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://ototoy.jp/_/default/p/1766070

And if you access the link now, it has a countdown that leads to a Friday release (8/18): https://ototoy.jp/_/default/p/1766070

Also, HQ “artwork” here:

Perhaps.jpg

Thanks HGH :) 

Anyone tried this with a vpn or is it still saying not out yet :lol:

1 hour ago, Gaanzer said:

Even our teenage garage band wouldn't have tolerated such a sync issue to slip into our fee giveaway demos. I can't understand the Perfectionist or the label allowing it to leave the cutting room that way. Mind-blowing, as if it were done on purpose to screw with us.

Axl actually isn’t a perfectionist is probably the most likely explanation. That was just another lie/excuse people made up to explain his inability to release stuff. Lazy or scared are more likely imo. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes. It wouldn't be a bad marketing plan, actually. On the other hand, I suppose discussion on it wouldn't be banned on GN'R Reddit if it was intentional.

Given how beleaguered this whole marketing campaign for Perhaps has been, it is much more likely to be just one more addition in a whole host of mistakes than an intentional guerrilla marketing tactic, in my opinion. You never know though...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZODIAC said:

Isn't there a single fanbase member out there who owns a bar with that kind of jukebox, or at least is good friend with an owner?! 😅

I have a friend who will be opening up a bar (with Touchtunes)here in California in about 4 hours. What would be the best way I could record it? 

16 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

The 11th made the most sense, especially with 4 days off. At bare minimum, this stretch of days off could have been used for promotion.

Really wish there was show tonight now! Would or been particularly interesting if It forced them to say anything/act?!?

1 minute ago, Martin Riggs said:

I have a friend who will be opening up a bar (with Touchtunes)here in California in about 4 hours. What would be the best way I could record it? 

On a Motorola razor from 2004 with crumbs blocking the mic.

• Haha 3

Just now, colonizedmind said:

Really wish there was show tonight now! Would or been particularly interesting if It forced them to say anything/act?!?

I'm hoping for Axl to joke about jukeboxes at an upcoming show - hoping it makes for some interesting stage chat :lol:

• Like 1

If it was a real marketing plan, they would’ve tweeted something like “might be worth a visit to your local pub this week…and check out TouchTunes while you’re at it!” 

Doing it without saying anything means maybe 100 people at most will discover it naturally. I would’ve never thought in a million years to check out “TouchTunes” otherwise.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

There are RCAs that typically run into the house speaker system. 

3 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

This seems the best....but if you don't have it...and you do have that friend there might be a way to be alone in the bar and record it with your phone: good luck !

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

If it was a real marketing plan, they would’ve tweeted something like “might be worth a visit to your local pub this week…and check out TouchTunes while you’re at it!” 

Doing it without saying anything means maybe 100 people at most will discover it naturally. I would’ve never thought in a million years to check out “TouchTunes” otherwise.

Maybe tomorrow, because I think announcements are not usually made over the weekend. We'll have to wait and see.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Maybe tomorrow, because I think announcements are not usually made over the weekend. We'll have to wait and see.

If they don’t bother taking it down until then, that’s possible. To be honest I would’ve expected by now TB would’ve taken this down like a dog on a pork chop. 

Could the delay have been a last minute sponsorship deal from TouchTunes?