Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

5 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

Axl’s gotta make some sort of joke about this on stage tomorrow night, right?

I reckon there will be a speech about jukeboxes before they launch into the song for the first time. Wouldn't count on it to be mentioned tommorow because I don't think it'll be played, or be out by then. Friday seems more likely, I mean how is he gonna mention this and then not play the song lol

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

3 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

He likely isn't aware.

How could he not be? Rolling Stone wrote an article about it. It’s his management’s job for him be aware.

He knows about this.

5 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Wouldn't count on it to be mentioned tommorow because I don't think it'll be played, or be out by then. Friday seems more likely, I mean how is he gonna mention this and then not play the song lol

Didn’t they play Absurd 5 days or so before it hit streaming services? Maybe it gets debuted tomorrow night, hence the week’s delay.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

How could he not be? Rolling Stone wrote an article about it. It’s his management’s job for him be aware.

He knows about this.

Didn’t they play Absurd 5 days or so before it hit streaming services? Maybe it gets debuted tomorrow night, hence the week’s delay.

Yes of course it's possible but I mean I wouldn't count on it.

Also yes there's no way Rolling Stone is writing news about this and Axl not knowing what's going on. Of course he knows lmao maybe he even gave someone "the corn" for fucking up like this

18 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Someone could test if mentioning Atlas gets you banned or a warning, that way we would know if Fernando replied to the mods confirming it to be real to them. Because if simply mentioning Atlas doesn't get you banned/it removed then why would they pull fanmade art off the platform? The only option that is left then is that it is real, isn't it?

Or if it was fake presented as real, which was most likely the case here. The "Atlas artwork" was first posted on 4chan. That says it all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shoulda coulda woulda

He could have also completely erased the entire recording like with the TIL demo in 1992. What's the point in speculating this way? There's 1000 scenarios if we go by what could have happened. It's better to go by what we know for a fact, and that is that it's probably not coming out with those lyrics it has, or had.

you're the one assuming things we don't know 

Saying GNR wouldn’t have delayed it just to spite us is giving the band too much credit. This is the same band that has had Beta swearing and belittling fans, along with snarky comments from Fernando before. I absolutely believe they would shelve this release to punish us for listening to it early.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

18 minutes ago, lost un the jungle said:

he called a tour "not in this lifetime", so for sure he can joke with this!

I unironically believe the name of the tour and the lithos are the best thing the band has done in the past decade.

16 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Or if it was fake presented as real, which was most likely the case here. The "Atlas artwork" was first posted on 4chan. That says it all.

Posted both anonymously on 4chan and reddit, at the same time (or at least same day).

I wonder if it was the same person.

Edited by meadsoap

Why on earth would they pull it from release at the last minute? This band is seriously disorganised, I remember someone from GnR said years ago that atlas was supposed to be on CD but it got switched out at the very last minute, it’s probably a similar situation, a last minute change of mind. No idea why, but hopefully it was to replace that god awful solo.

slash can do so much better

26 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Did the poster say something about it, how was it presented as real? I mean what was it that gave it the impression it isn't fanart? I'm not sure you really need to clearly label every art you make as fanmade for it to not be removed..

This could again be tested by simply taking a random piece of art and slapping the GNR name and Atlas Shrugged on it, see if it gets taken down.

1 hour ago, dave94 said:

Not sure if posted already but the song is now showing in the UK TouchTunes  app 

Can’t share a screenshot on my phone to confirm, but it’s on there

I tried a few hours ago and each time I would select the song, it wouldn’t play, so I think the song itself has been pulled.

14 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Saying GNR wouldn’t have delayed it just to spite us is giving the band too much credit. This is the same band that has had Beta swearing and belittling fans, along with snarky comments from Fernando before. I absolutely believe they would shelve this release to punish us for listening to it early.

The main problem with this theory is that it takes as given that their plans (whatever they are) about these releases revolve around us. But their release pattern suggests that releases happen when they tour NA, so they're mostly about helping promote the tour, and not about us.

• Sad 1