Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

7 minutes ago, nikosgnr said:

Finaly heard it! I'm pretty sure there is a more recent Axl in there.

It is definitely a different Axl. Then we could argue for hours -- and I predict we will -- whether these new vocal tracks are alternative tracks pre-dating 2000 or newer tracks, e.g. from the vocal sessions closer to the release of CD or maybe even newer than that. I think they are newer and that the demo version from the Village leaks represent how far Axl had got with the vocals back then. It was definitely works on with layering vocals in the chorus, but eventually he decided to remove the "save me" part and add another deeper layer (the demo voice). He also changed other parts of the vocal track, like the final notes at the ending, which are clearly different. 

• Like 1

It's not bad, though I still struggle with the "hey hey" 's in the song which feel like "I don't know what to put here so I'll just hey hey" :lol:

The Slash solo is growing on me. And the lower Axl vocal which was added sounds pretty nice.

Anyways... hey hey.

3 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

It's not bad, though I still struggle with the "hey hey" 's in the song which feel like "I don't know what to put here so I'll just hey hey" :lol:

The Slash solo is growing on me. And the lower Axl vocal which was added sounds pretty nice.

Anyways... hey hey.

Agree. Wonder if just silence would have been better there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

Not as I'm willing to compare these two.. But you think that Estranged is not depressing, for example? Or Sorry...? 

Yes when you consider the releases so farAbsurd, Hardskool..Perhaps is a good gear shift. 

Hope next one comes sooner rather than later.