Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

I disagree. It's really jarring and there's a blatant fade after Robins part. Not to mention the difference in tone. 

Imagine though when Robin left in 2008 knowing that he'll be on a future release in 15 years time mashed up with Slash. 

I agree with Jarring, it also seems completely unnecessary to leave it in. I’m not a huge fan of the Slash solo here but it would have worked better if it went straight into it WITHOUT the bend. It really does sound like a mixing error, even though I’m sure (for whatever reason) it was intentional…

• ABSUЯD 1

1 minute ago, GNFNRUK said:

I agree with Jarring, it also seems completely unnecessary to leave it in. I’m not a huge fan of the Slash solo here but it would have worked better if it went straight into it WITHOUT the bend. It really does sound like a mixing error, even though I’m sure (for whatever reason) it was intentional…

The bend being left in just makes me wish Slash played the original solo ☹️

I really, really, really like to think that keeping the first part of Robin's solo (if that has actually happened) is simply Axl giving Robin a tip of the hat, an acknowledgement that Robin had a great part in making this song and thus a little bit of it is kept intact, and that it acknowledges the evolution of the band and the song in just a very few seconds. I like to think this, I don't believe it is the case, but I like to think it. 

And it's not entirely unheard of that musicians make similar decisions, listen to the outro solo of Demon Cleaner by Kyuss and there are two solos playing at the same time, one underneath the other, it is messy but probably for some reason that maybe only Josh Homme understands.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, timon1357 said:

This is the demo version

I know - the point I’m trying to convey is that anyone wanting to listen to the song for the first time having read that there’s a new Guns n Roses out, are right now getting served a low bit rate version of the old demo leak from the band’s official account, rather than the actual official release. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

That’s not the official GnR account. Just a very convincing fake. The official GnR account on YouTube now is just called “Guns N’ Roses.” No “Topic” in the title anymore.

Whoever made that account is just a desperate Finck fan trying to convince the world that this is the official version of the song.

That is a fake channel but Guns N Roses official channel has never been called Guns N Roses "Topic". 

A topic channel is auto created by Youtube for big artists for their art tracks, GN'R still have one and when Perhaps officially drops it will be featured on there also.

8 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

That’s not the official GnR account. Just a very convincing fake. The official GnR account on YouTube now is just called “Guns N’ Roses.” No “Topic” in the title anymore.

Whoever made that account is just a desperate Finck fan trying to convince the world that this is the official version of the song.

My bad, I genuinely thought it was the official GNR account. I’m usually up with this sort of thing, and with a cursory glance it does look like the real deal. 

Either way, I guess my point still stands - folks searching up for the song right now on YouTube will be getting served this version. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SilverMachine said:

I know - the point I’m trying to convey is that anyone wanting to listen to the song for the first time having read that there’s a new Guns n Roses out, are right now getting served a low bit rate version of the old demo leak from the band’s official account, rather than the actual official release. 

It's not the band's official account though...

And check the lyrics in the description. :rofl-lol:

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

In this version it says: "Say you're more than a bargain whore you're all alone now". That's what I'm hearing while listening and reading... 🤷‍♂️

These look pretty good 

"Got a lot more than you bargained for

Forgot about the others you were fighting for

Sold out to the ones that you once ignored

Used to be a little crazy now your so much

more"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Surely any minute now going to streaming in OZ.....

Sounds like Slash has had quite a bit of control over these remixes....even maybe decoding sorry Franklin e boy, we keep Brain! "Lot of material" ...hoping more of that "focused endeavour" comes soon. It's like Chinese 2 the ACTUAL remix LP! All down for it all!

Hoping He's got some more interviews scheduled soon so h can be pumped for info....maybe Susan can misspeak on the radio too

Slash: 

. At the time he said: "'Hard Skool', in essence, was a completed song when I was first introduced to it. And Duff and I went in and redid the bass and the guitars. It's a simple song, so it didn't take a hell of a lot of thought and analysis. I think it was a lot of fun just because it was part and parcel of a bunch of stuff that we were working on that was all sort of new — at least to Duff and I — so we had a good time."

"We've been doing a lot of material that's been sort of sitting around for a while. So that will be a whole focused endeavor unto itself."

What happened was Axl has all these songs that he recorded at some point along the way. And so Duff and I went in and re-did them, basically… Like, I wrote my own kind of parts to what else is going on, and [we] just sort of took the drums and re-did everything else."

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1