Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

19 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

At the very least, the deep vocal (got a lot more than i bargined for) track could be a new addition, but could be old just the same.

You can hear it very very faintly on the Village leak (I didn't notice it until going back to listen to it after the official release).

2 minutes ago, Amir said:

You can hear it very very faintly on the Village leak (I didn't notice it until going back to listen to it after the official release).

I'll have to go back with headphones and listen. Never noticed it in the past.

Thanks for the clarification!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Majestic Beast said:

It's just a leftover of CD that kicked out of CD and didn't make it to be in.From this line up i expect high quality music,so,no the song remains mediocre and nothing memoriable at all.

I don't know why it matters if it was on CD or not. Artists have plenty of reasons not to include songs on an album other than for quality, sometimes it doesn't fit the vibe of the album or is too much of the same type of song. Axl had GOOD stuff like State Of Grace, Soul Monster and Oklahoma leftover which is better than garbage like Scraped and Riad which were on the album, so there you go. He wasn't going by "what is best" when choosing what was on CD, who knows why Scraped was on the album, but it wasn't because of quality lmao.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I don't know why it matters if it was on CD or not. Artists have plenty of reasons not to include songs on an album other than for quality, sometimes it doesn't fit the vibe of the album or is too much of the same type of song. Axl had GOOD stuff like State Of Grace, Soul Monster and Oklahoma leftover which is better than garbage like Scraped and Riad which were on the album, so there you go. He wasn't going by "what is best" when choosing what was on CD, who knows why Scraped was on the album, but it wasn't because of quality lmao.

Agree , no said Don't Cry was a left over from AFD.

• Like 2

The song is growing on me now after a handful of sporadic listens. 

I have all the leaks, lockers leaks etc but never really properly listened to them (apart from pre CD leaks that were in heavy rotation at the time). So although knew of perhaps couldn't tell you what type of song it was etc. 

My initial reaction was underwhelming, but it's definitely growing on me. I think I'm just waiting to be hit in the face with a new song that is shorter, faster, rocking and balls out. Hence the underwhelming side of things initially. 

Not sure why there are so many complaints about Perhaps, especially when u take a step back and just appreciate a new song without 88, 91 level expectations of response. 

5 hours ago, Majestic Beast said:

It's just a leftover of CD that kicked out of CD and didn't make it to be in.From this line up i expect high quality music,so,no the song remains mediocre and nothing memoriable at all.

NR was written before AFD, whats your point?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

NR was written before AFD, whats your point?

It's almost as if most of these people don't quite understand how bands put albums together.   Or that songs and ideas for songs are worked on for years, several years sometimes.   I just don't get the complaint people have of when certain songs were written, thought of it worked on before their release.   

We have received new previously unreleased music and people complain.   And to be honest,  I truly like all of the new stuff.   Is it the best stuff they've ever written, certainly not.   But, to me, all very enjoyable songs.  

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Some of my favourite albums have songs that were written several years before they were released, using old songs isn't necessarily a bad thing, but if that's all a band is willing to release then of course some fans will be frustrated...

I think the larger issue is not that they're old but that they've been widely available online for years prior to the release. The freshness and excitement of new music is severely diminished

If The General kicks ass I don't think anyone will care that it's old. But if we'd had the BucketFinck version since 2019 the response would be very different at least among the superfans, who realistically are the only ones that still care if GNR releases new music in 2023

Edited by Mikey Whipwreck
  • GNFNR 2

This may be controversial, I genuinely think my initial impressions of Perhaps' final version is more favorable than how I have always felt about like, a third if not more, of Chinese Democracy

I would definitely place it above Riad, Scraped, Shackler's and Sorry just regarding my own personal tastes

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • PERHAPS 1

21 hours ago, DSTK said:

I think we have a to remember they've only played it twice..it'll improve over time, hard Skool has and absurd definitely has...it was a mess 1st time out .it rocks now live at a gig, if you know it and aren't a casual just there for scom and NR

For the record I don't think it's performed bad at all. There is room for improvement and I bi if will improve but I think it sounds fine as is. Axl nails some of it. Just has to figure out the rest 

3 hours ago, The Matinator said:

I’m seeing Mudvayne & Gwar right now & there’s ads for Perhaps  on the big screen. Bizarre to se them promoting the song properly lol 

Hey I saw that show too earlier this summer.

If was great to see Coal Chamber again. They absolutely killed it. Mudvayne was great and Gwar was fun too. Great show.  

Definitely an odd show to promote Perhaps at tho hahaha 

Edited by Bitchisback
  • PERHAPS 1

On 8/23/2023 at 7:21 PM, Dean said:

We Are The Champions was the B side to We Will Rock You. B sides doesn’t necessarily mean lesser quality.

Get your point, but poor example given Queen and these songs are taboo and shouldn't be used as comparison..... Different leagues. Don't enen no if this makes sense and sounds worse than I'm sounding. Unsure