"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

21 minutes ago, DannyVinyard said:

I'm glad I never went to any of these cash grab reunion shows, and will never support this lazy, greedy nostalgia act.  

I will take "Tweets that made Chris Pitman lose potential future millions of dollars" for 500

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Where's The General?! The General is in my ASS, that's where he is!

5 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

No. He’ll trot on stage Mickey-ing the entire setlist as thousands of soccer moms say he’s better than ever. He’ll say “this is a new song. This is Hard Skool” and “this is a loving, happy song” before YCBM. And then this cycle will continue until he retires and us fans get fucking lied to frequently off stage.

"We got a real special treat for you tonight, this is a song called Paradise City."

• Haha 3
  • PERHAPS 1

30 minutes ago, jamillos said:

This web, which is official, said Vinyl of Perhaps PLUS The General on 10/27/23 (now changed) and accepted money for it. That counts as a promise in my book (using just basic logic, not to mention it's a legal agreement). So yes, it was promised. 

https://gnrmerch.com/products/perhaps-7-vinyl

Well I guess that's one way of looking at it. For me if I saw "Perhaps official release 📅 available in-store jbhifi" and I turned up to the shop and it wasn't there I'd be disappointed a little. When I see just a shipping date I have no expectations of seeing it even close to that date. That's just me. If I look at it as a promise then I'm inevitably setting myself up for a negative emotional reaction. I won't preach about how people should live their lives, just voicing an alternative way that works well for me. 

9 minutes ago, Sledge said:

Well I guess that's one way of looking at it. For me if I saw "Perhaps official release 📅 available in-store jbhifi" and I turned up to the shop and it wasn't there I'd be disappointed a little. When I see just a shipping date I have no expectations of seeing it even close to that date. That's just me. If I look at it as a promise then I'm inevitably setting myself up for a negative emotional reaction. I won't preach about how people should live their lives, just voicing an alternative way that works well for me. 

That’s not one way of looking at it, that’s simply stating the facts – you said it wasn’t promised and there was just a shipping date; I’m showing you that it’s not true, as evidenced by the official web. Expectations about delivery time is a whole different story, unrelated to the original argument. ;)

One would say it’s reasonable to expect something to be officially released (disregarding any delivery schedules) on the day it was promised to be released. But oh well, this is GNR, so no surprises there. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SimoTheFish said:

Perhaps they feel disappointed by the fact that 'The General' hasn't been leaked yet. :lol:

If it was to leak tonight they would release the official version by next friday without delay 😆

Edited by vloors
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Where's The General?! The General is in my ASS, that's where he is!

I wish it was there. We could pry it out with a crowbar.

28 minutes ago, avahland said:

Close to 200 pages

Will we have a little party at 250...500....or the magic 1000

Maybe set a goal to change the thread name into something funny ?

Why do some people act like getting a thread to 1000 pages is some grand achievement?

By "something funny" I assume you mean the usual GNR chestnuts like soon isn't the word, it's in my ass,  thanks to ___ I'm going home, etc?

Those long ago entered "That's so funny I forgot to laugh" territory. :jerkoff:

16 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

The UK store is saying it’s ‘out now’ :lol:

1687ED0D-C6C4-439E-9D67-60E578AE0BD8.png

They win that on a technicality. Perhaps is out now. :crazy:

1 hour ago, Italian girl said:

The Truth Is that they don't want to oscure duff's album Sales :lol:

Smart move. Delaying The General will help move an extra 3 copies of Duff's album.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can anyone of those who cancelled their order because it has been delayed explain why? Was it to...spite Axl? Was it because you will not enjoy the song anymore if it is delayed? I am genuinely perplexed.

Just now, axljungle said:

I can’t understand how could be delayed. Have to be on purpose, to get us more impatient.

Is ridiculous everything around a release in Guns N’ Roses 

You don't understand how a vinyl can be delayed? Seriously? And why do you think they would want to get us impatient?

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1