THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

F.I.N.A.L.L.Y

6 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Gonna say, since they don't bother much with promo,.that streaming at the least confirmed AND video likely...as that's the bare minimum they have set out now...all other songs got at least a lyric one, I'd not a tour edition too...

The fact that they’re still going ahead with this streaming release suggests that the lawsuits aren’t impacting the band too much, thankfully. So hopefully we still get Atlas, Monsters, etc., and I guess those even newer (or older?) songs they talked about recently are still a stretch goal for the band.

15 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

haha they put "presave" at the end of the link, maybe to try and outdo people constantly looking for one of those linkfire things early guessing only "TheGeneral"?

https://gunsnroses.lnk.to/TheGeneralPresave

They never do the same thing twice....😉

15 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

haha they put "presave" at the end of the link, maybe to try and outdo people constantly looking for one of those linkfire things early guessing only "TheGeneral"?

https://gunsnroses.lnk.to/TheGeneralPresave

They never do the same thing twice....😉

• Haha 3

General mix sounds the same but the audio is a little more clear. I'd imagine that means Monsters is final, too. 

That also probably means there is at least one more song out there that will be paired with Monsters. I could see it being Atlas, but maybe we will be pleasantly surprised with something else

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UncleJosh said:

Is The General going to be released in Hi-Rez formats? Not sure if this was mentioned already. 

I genuinely do not understand the love Better gets. I don't know how anyone gets past those Mickey vocals.

Better? Mickey? on the studio version?!

I'm sure a 24bit version will appear on the likes of Qobuz upon release, hopefully!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, UncleJosh said:

Is The General going to be released in Hi-Rez formats? Not sure if this was mentioned already. 

Probably, Absurd and Perhaps were, but not Hard Skool. The best for Hard Skool was CD quality, maybe that was intentional because of how awful it was produced. 

• Like 2