THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

8 minutes ago, jekylhyde said:

The General being louder than Perhaps is really jarring when listening the CD.

Amazing incompetence once again.

I had a concern this would happen, and it has. No excuse for that. Terrible production. If both songs ever end up on an eventual album, I hope they mix and master them properly. 

I listened to my record again, yesterday. Honestly, both songs sound fine to me on vinyl. They sound better than through my car and Spotify. Perhaps I really enjoy spinning. The final version of that song grows more on me the more I hear it. The General suffers from not having Monsters to segue into.

I have a file from the initial leak that is The General - Monsters played back-to-back, and they are good companions. Helps alleviate the repetition in The General a bit 

Either way, I am happy with the record. Looking forward to Monsters and whatever the fourth song will be. For the life of me I don't know why Absurd  is a live version on the Hard Skool record. Should have been the studio on the standard release and a live version on the Nightrain exclusive verison. Weird

10 hours ago, GNR 1991 said:

There is no evidence that Monsters was ever planned or forthcoming in 2023. It was never advertised on the vinyl nor the Japan exclusive CD. The hidden track nonsense were folks grasping for straws.

The only reason fans think it was are because the two songs leaked at the same time (and not as one song) AND The General is legally registered as “The General and Monsters”. 

We are very fortunate to have gotten Monsters (if it’s even called that) after years of the party clip, and I do predict it will come in the next batch of tracks, but the mystery surrounding its leak is still.. a mystery. It’s either a trade gone wrong, a hoarder getting fed up with The General release delay, or an inside job to create interest. Either way, I’m glad we have it now.

And additional reason is Fernando's "The General is a monster".

3 hours ago, username said:

I still call monumental astronomical incompetence on that. Someone got an email telling them to "register The General and Monsters" and the retard tasked with doing so thought it was one track. 

Even in this case, if the two songs were to be registered separately but simultaneously, it would mean that they were going to be released together or at least close to each other.

Finally got mine from GB today. The blue wrapping was a happy coincidence. If this was a present for the holiday I'd be pretty relieved getting it the last postal day today. Slight bummer having a little bend on the corner due to it being packaged with the 8-ball but thats common damage for a vinyl 

On 12/21/2023 at 12:47 PM, Finck2006 said:

the weird thing is that Fernando mentioned.

the general is a monster (so probably there was a original plan to release it together).

he may have only have said this because that phone clip people thought was the general was monster.  probably him just having a laugh

4 minutes ago, scottish nutter said:

he may have only have said this because that phone clip people thought was the general was monster.  probably him just having a laugh

I dont think too much coincidence

1-Fernando mentioned

2- The General & Monsters registered as an unique song 

3- Leaked at the same time (both from the same sessions)

17 hours ago, username said:
21 hours ago, Blackstar said:

And additional reason is Fernando's "The General is a monster".

Even in this case, if the two songs were to be registered separately but simultaneously, it would mean that they were going to be released together or at least close to each other.

Well Axl did record the bridge in Monsters on Christmas Eve.. so maybe we will get a Christmas surprise? I'm not holding my breath but that would be a nice surprise. 

It would be a good song to hear for people who have a hard time with holidays due to emotions from shit they deal/dealt with.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, 1991RS said:

Well Axl did record the bridge in Monsters on Christmas Eve.. so maybe we will get a Christmas surprise? I'm not holding my breath but that would be a nice surprise. 

It would be a good song to hear for people who have a hard time with holidays due to emotions from shit they deal/dealt with.

I thought about that too. Would be a nice Christmas present! Especially if it included a bonus mix of the Buckethead version. 

Anyone notice there’s a lyrical part missing before the solo on monsters right before the guitar solo, it’s definitely on the cell phone clip.

From about 18- 30 seconds, then the solo kicks in.

id love to know what Axls singing there.  It’s got 8 more oooh ooohs and Axl saying something over it.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Anyone notice there’s a lyrical part missing before the solo on monsters right before the guitar solo, it’s definitely on the cell phone clip.

From about 18- 30 seconds, then the solo kicks in.

id love to know what Axls singing there.  It’s got 8 more oooh ooohs and Axl saying something over it.  

To me it sounds like:

Fuck that, that sounds horrible, DAMN!

I'll let Slash and Duff rerecord all of this some day

I promise, You will never listen to this shit again