Kat Benzova sues GNR/Fernando for copyright infringement and sexual harassment

13 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

SHE LOST MONEY AND CREDIT FOR WORK FFS.

I guess he meant for the sexual harassment accusations.

It's true that in the US legal system civil law is "where it's at", and that's partially because of the mentality of avoiding "unnecessary" public spending (if I'm not mistaken, criminal cases are state funded).

But it's also because cases of this nature (sexual harassment that doesn't involve any heavier sexual or physical abuse) are hard to prove "beyond reasonable doubt" as required in a criminal court, whereas there's not such strict requirements in civil cases.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I guess he meant for the sexual harassment accusations.

It's true that in the US legal system civil law is "where it's at", and that's partially because of the mentality of avoiding "unnecessary" public spending (if I'm not mistaken, criminal cases are state funded).

But it's also because cases of this nature (sexual harassment that doesn't involve any heavier sexual or physical abuse) are hard to prove "beyond reasonable doubt" as required in a criminal court, whereas there's not such strict requirements in civil cases.

Yep, I do understand that, and appreciate the view some have around it - however, Kat is sighting the harassment as part of the reason she didn't get paid/credit etc etc. She isn't going all out again Fernando for sexual harassment. And as you quite rightly say, advances in text are going to be significantly less serious to the point it wouldn't even likely to get to court in a criminal case - unless there was an element of stalking or threat of violence etc.

Either way, the justice in this sense, is that Kat (if allegations are true), gets full credit, reimbursement and compensation for loss of earnings. Which is exactly why this is a contractual, civil case. It would be holy inappropriate for this case to go to a criminal court from the little we have seen, IMO.

Edited by invisible_rose
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

SHE LOST MONEY AND CREDIT FOR WORK FFS.

I was talking about the sexual stuff. If they messed up their contract with her, of course they have to pay. The copyright stuff is simply no news. People are interested in the sexual haressment claims. 

55 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

He's not bright enough to understand.

Apparently you are very bad in text interpretation. 

this is obviously bad for any band but specially for GNR who constantly get hate for their lyrics and Axl's past behavior against women. "Guns N Roses sued for sexual harassment" is an easy headline in the sense that people are already inclined to have that image for the band and this only increases that perception. Would be a good moment for them to execute action and fire Fernando, but -like many others have pointed out- they're literally Axl's family I doubt that business scheme is going to change anytime soon. 

• Like 1