Do you ever feel foolish spending money on GnR?

Do you feel like GnR fucks their fans over with "exclusives" that aren't actually exclusive at all?  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Might seem like an odd question for some, but it really annoys me that the whole Perhaps/The General thing was presented as vinyl-exclusive. But then when everyone has ordered the vinyl they still announce a CD version (Japen only, but still) and now all signs are pointing towards it turning up on Spotify soon. Which means that GnR is blatently lying to their fanbase about "exclusives" just to sell more crap. That doesn't sit right with me. Anybody feel similar? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • PERHAPS 1

I don't think they ever said The General would be exclusively on vinyl. I think that was just cuckoo forum members' assumption.

But I stopped spending money on them long ago. I paid for the digital version of the AFD anniversary, but that's it. Never went to any NITL tour. I'll buy a new album if it comes out, but that's about it. I gave away all of my Gn'R merch in the past couple years.

Edited by hollywood_democracy
  • Like 1

Not particularly. I'm not so attached to the band in a way that I care enough. If they put out something and I want to get it I will. 

The whole it being released digitally thing isn't something I really consider a problem and I expected they would eventually. 

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 1

Not necessarily merch-related, but I stopped spending money on GNR shows because of the high ticket prices and very similar setlist for years. I used to try to hit every show within a few hours of NJ, and sometimes even flew to see more.

Only recently has it peaked my interest again with all the setlist additions and previously unreleased music.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Draguns said:

The is an odd question. First off I don't feel foolish for buying the Use Your Illusion box set, merchandise, nor spending money on concert tickets. Concert tickets for GNR are on average prices compare to other shows. If I want to enjoy something, it's legal, and no one is getting hurt  then  why should I deprive myself of that enjoyment if I can afford it?

Second, you need to accept responsibility for yourself.  I don't recall GNR ever saying that it's exclusive. Why would it not be  on streaming sites like Spotify? Most people listen to music nowadays through streaming.  You kinda have to figure that out yourself that GNR would put The General on streaming sites if they didn't outright say that it was exclusive.  Even if they did, that's your choice. No one forced you to buy the vinyl. You chose to spend the money. You can't fault GNR for that. 

But it's way easier to just point the finger and say how shit GNR is and how they are tricking this poor kid into buying stuff. Maybe we should open a fund for him or something. 

• Like 3

None of the options

I spend money on them and don't feel "fucked over", Why would you? most of the frustration with the band is the lack of music we could buy.

I try to go to every show they do in portugal and buy their music. I'm not really a merch guy in general, so I don't really care much about that.

What I really want is to physically go to a store and buy their new album (hopefully in my lifetime), haven't done that in years for any artist, let alone my favorite band. To bad I was 11 the last time they've release an album.

Why doesn't the poll have a "I've  NEVER spent money on GNR option? I'm a newer Guns N'Roses Fan and by the time I became a Guns N'Roses Fan, I could just download entire Guns N'Roses Albums for free using YouTube.  I remember on another Guns N'Roses Fan Website, I mentioned I listened to an entire Guns N'Roses Album for free using YouTube and another Poster said something like,"I dislike this post."

Not really. If I really feel like getting something they put out (as rarely as that happens anyway), I'm getting it, I even caved in and bought the UYI Boxset for the BluRay, but thats about it. Their merch doesn't interest me in the slightest. I was kinda bummed that I couldn't go to the Frankfurt show this summer, yeah, but cool for everybody else who could go.

Any neoliberal talk about "exclusive this" or "limited to" that, I really don't give a fuck about. 

• Like 1

I don't spend that much money on them. I have bought the Chinese Democracy album and went to 3 shows.

So every time I spent money on them I got something in return.

I do feel foolish for spending too much time on them though :lol: Refreshing the forum, hoping something will happen. And then nothing happens.

10 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

But it's way easier to just point the finger and say how shit GNR is and how they are tricking this poor kid into buying stuff. Maybe we should open a fund for him or something. 

They aren't exactly giving the kids a good service either though are they? Of course, your own money is your own choice and if you choose to buy something you take your chances, fair enough. But GnR hardly have a great track record for great service or great products or every delivering anything on time. It's not cool anymore. maybe it was in 2002, but it don't wash anymore. That nightrain membership.... good grief, give me that money back!