“Get ready for something F’n special.. 1.24.24”

I think the “Perhaps” MV dropped at midnight EST, and the actual single dropped when it was midnight in each respective time zone. That might be why it hasn’t shown up yet…

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

My gender is the same as my sex (which you can see under my avatar on the left).

(I thought my gender was known to everyone after all this time :lol:)

Terribly sorry, hard to believe but after decades of being here, I never paid attention to the sex field under avatars. :facepalm:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lethalis said:

Last I checked this isn't a dating site. So why care :shrugs: Or is everyone shocked a woman would spend so much time here? :lol:

There are indeed a few women here! @italiangirl, for example.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great marketing, massive fan here, only just heard something maybe dropping tomorrow?

They have a big problem if even the hardcore are losing interest. Time to call it a day. 

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

So dumb to drop a video for a song you released over a month later instead of on release. GNR timeline I guess, this is not a professional organisation, this is fucking mayhem lol

TBH....this is not actually that different to how "normal" artists do it...quite often a song is put out with just a static photo video or mostly lyric videos....with a proper MV following within 6 weeks or so of the initial drop...so them putting Perhaps straight out with a MV, was definitely a pleasantly surprise and then doing it this time In slightly delayed fashion, is more GNR style...

45 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

It's past midnight in Europe now but nothing yet.

In the next 24hrs frame...i'd expect it LA time 9AM ish in the morning...so don't expect it to early evening for Europe, etc...this isn't midnight music. Videos are random and they'll prefer to drop at a hour that folk aren't in bed...

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I wouldn't refer to visual art creation becoming available to everybody as just "hobbyists". It kind of trivializes it. Technological developments is typically inclusive, not exclusive. It's like when personal computers came on the market in the 80s and suddenly everyone could use computers for all kinds of purposes. AI in visual arts means that everyone can now create art, even those without the traditional skills of drawing. I am piss poor at drawing, but I can suddenly use Midjourney to create fairly impressive artworks for various projects. And yes, this means that traditional visual artists suddenly find themselves with a huge new competitor - there is no denying that - but not necessarily from hobbyists, more from AI visual artists: A new breed of artists trained in AI visual tools who are experts on the AI software and can create better results using that software than hobbyists can.

No, I'm saying it should only be used by hobbyists. Professionals don't need it, unless they are business owners looking to increase profit margins by eliminating human creatives.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

The imagination lies with the artist, regardless of whether he uses a paintbrush or an AI software. 

This is like saying you're an engineer because you had the idea "what if there was a little television that could fit in your pocket and make phone calls?" and then paid somebody else to develop it.

10 hours ago, downzy said:

You might want to take a course on the invention of Jazz then. 

Jazz had no influences?

15 hours ago, Lelex95 said:

I agree with you but I think you’re contradicting yourself a bit, on one hand you understand it’s a throw away song but you think they could invest in serious animation. Well if the song it’s a throw out it makes senso not to waste too much money on it.

I'm surprised they're doing more than a live video or lyric video, but if it's gonna have a story then they should do better than using AI. One step forward, two steps back - they finally do a video with an actual concept, but in the laziest way possible.

3 hours ago, GNRmello77 said:

It's past midnight in Europe now but nothing yet.

It'll drop in about 2 hours (9 pst, midnight est)

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, BluegrassBlues said:

Where can I find it? I've checked everywhere and nothing 

Either delayed (and they forgot to update the caption in the initial announcement post) or later today EST.  

In my experience, music videos sometimes drop at like 9/10AM… I remember that was the case with the most recent Blink-182 MV. 

Again, just speculating… don’t know what their intentions are. 

• Thanks 1

They said Wednesday. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think small stuff like this is set in stone to be released at the same (virtual) time all over the globe. Like when you tweet at 9 am – some folks will see it at 9 am, some at 9 pm, some the day before, based on the time zone, of course. You know what I mean? Why couldn't this be the case. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, jamillos said:

They said Wednesday. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think small stuff like this is set in stone to be released at the same (virtual) time all over the globe. Like when you tweet at 9 am – some folks will see it at 9 am, some at 9 pm, some the day before, based on the time zone, of course. You know what I mean? Why couldn't this be the case. 

I hear ya. I’m also thinking they might go the way of the “NITL Selects” and have a “live” debut on YT with the countdown and all that later today. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bangit said:

Great marketing, massive fan here, only just heard something maybe dropping tomorrow?

They have a big problem if even the hardcore are losing interest. Time to call it a day. 

If you were their business manager, you may have an opinion, but you’re not. Clearly, the “brand” is succeeding. And man, if you’re sad, displeased, unhappy? Go follow sublime or something. This fanbase is swimming with disappointed complainers, no matter what. People claiming EVERY SINGLE YEAR, they’re bored, they’re sad, they’re done.  But they never actually quit. They just complain FOREVER, and talk about how much better they could run things. Sorry…you WONT wind up running things. I’m sure you have tremendous memories from live shows, being a teenager and buying your first tape, album, CD?

maybe YOU should call it a day. If you hate it so much, BAIL. I understand, it’s an obsession, been there too. But I grew out of it to the point where I appreciate what the band delivers, singles, tours, box sets. Doesn’t anyone remember when the band DIDNT EVEN EXIST?! 

Point being, where you say “they should call it a day?” It means you should call it a day. There’s plenty of people happy. If you’re  not? Happy trails! Find a new band, find  a girl, find a guy, a show, a book. Anything but here. It’s not working….for YOU anymore. So? The problem isn’t the band members, or the concert attendees , or the folk who will watch the YouTube video…it’s YOU!

• Like 1