Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

25$ tickets....😵

UK is sooooo over priced it's unreal. Very rarely do we get price drops! Ticketmaster did recently offer some gigs at £35 and £50 but nothing that interesting....many there business exists (still 🤬) to sell to tout scammers whom then charge redic prices on ticketmasters sister sites to desperate fans who pay! Meaning that Ticketmaster gets two bites at the cherry! There's been court cases moving on these issues in the last year and credit to people like Ed Sheeran who has been raising it a lot and trying to get fans better deals! I hope one day, the only resale will be, face value or less....kinda like what places like Scarlet Mist would do....

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Interview on Radio 2 with an exclusive first listen of Born Under A Bad Sign

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001yr62

That quick fire round 🙄

Bit questionable asking a recovering alcoholic, what his favourite wine is....🤔

Also Slash hoping to bring the tour to the UK if not next year, the year after...

Seems Guns may be on lockdown until around 2027 (40th ani tour) 

What's Axl gonna do for 3 years? Fiddle with his website?

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Interview on Radio 2 with an exclusive first listen of Born Under A Bad Sign

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001yr62

I didn't listen to the interview but it since Beggars was played, it makes me believe that will be part of the set. Maybe they will Blues it up a little more. 

Born Under a Bad Sign was cool. Just overplayed. As excited as I am for this album, much of the song selection is pretty boring. Great songs but just over played to death. Hoochie Coochie Man? C'mon lol

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I didn't listen to the interview but it since Beggars was played, it makes me believe that will be part of the set. Maybe they will Blues it up a little more. 

He said it caught him by surprise. That was the show's choice, apparently. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Looks like Slash signed the inside paper sleeve on the signed vinyl

I just saw one on Facebook. Wow! Not as mad that I missed out now. I wonder where the cd will be signed? Mine won’t be here until Friday.

IMG_5715.thumb.jpeg.49fc3fbd979ed3e96290de5592aa3874.jpeg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I just saw one on Facebook. Wow! Not as mad that I missed out now. I wonder where the cd will be signed? Mine won’t be here until Friday.

Either Slash decided to sign it this way to save time/mess w scalpers, the covers weren’t ready or Gibson cheaped out and sent Slash a bunch of sleeves to save on shipping/logistics. We’ll see with CDs 

I got one of each of coming 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Ah man, that is a bummer. Oh well, I have a few Slash autographs anyways. Itll still be cool to have for no additional cost as buying the album!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I wouldn't be disappointed by that - looks cleaner on a flat black surface, and it won't fade or smudge over time. :shrugs:

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

Is he part of the house band that week, or the musical guest for 3 different nights?

I'm not surprised at all that he's doing Kimmel's show, but figured it would be a bit closer to the acoustic thing he's doing at Amoeba. Still cool though. Wonder how many other late night, talk show, etc performances he'll do on this promo run...

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Is he part of the house band that week, or the musical guest for 3 different nights?

I'm not surprised at all that he's doing Kimmel's show, but figured it would be a bit closer to the acoustic thing he's doing at Amoeba. Still cool though. Wonder how many other late night, talk show, etc performances he'll do on this promo run...

I’m wondering if he brings Tash out to sing or if some of the original singers are showing up. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Free Bird said:

I’m wondering if he brings Tash out to sing or if some of the original singers are showing up. 

I'm hoping he does Living For The City on at least one of the nights - would be good promo for the festival to show people his 'new lead singer'. Wouldn't be too surprising if he brought out Dorothy on one of those nights, too.

CD will be signed on the booklet I imagine.

They do signed a lot like that now as it saves money on them either having to send him every copy or get every physical copy in one location at the same time. 

The artists sign the inserts, then the albums get put together later at different locations. 

Posted (edited)

I'm just glad that at least Slash and Duff figured out how to release albums and do cool, professional promotion in these times. 

Meanwhile Guns still trying to find a way to not fuck shit up while priming the pumps or whatever.

Edited by Spoon87
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

8 hours ago, allwaystired said:

CD will be signed on the booklet I imagine.

They do signed a lot like that now as it saves money on them either having to send him every copy or get every physical copy in one location at the same time. 

The artists sign the inserts, then the albums get put together later at different locations. 

He signed the booklet for my copy of "4". Got the red one since it was the deluxe and I'm pretty sure all the deluxe were red ones.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bitchisback said:

He signed the booklet for my copy of "4". Got the red one since it was the deluxe and I'm pretty sure all the deluxe were red ones.

Yeah, all of my 4 copies were perfect. I have the signed deluxe cd, the signed deluxe vinyl, and the regular record signed from the show. I think everyone is concerned with the vinyl not being signed on the actual album cover.

I just checked and my signed cd is showing that it will be delivered today, one day early. If it actually comes today I will upload a pic of where it is signed. With the cd I would almost guarantee it is on an insert.

Edited by Tourettes2400

3 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Yeah same- my copy of 4 cd has the booklet signed inside the sleeve. 

I know people seem to be a bit annoyed that the sleeve itself isn't signed, but that's just the way it goes. I can't really see the problem to be honest- I but these things to play and listen to anyway, not for any other reason.