Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

Can everyone else see exactly why Clint is being recognised by the  Grammy's this month....the production sounds awesome in the cans....really loving the classic funky rhythms of Papa....great video, like Spike Lee did it!

Quality like this really leaves me with a what if Axl cared thoughts though.... This has reconfirmed for me that Slash absolutely STILL has it in the studio and a good new GNR record is only locked away from us by one person with the key hidden.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Can everyone else see exactly why Clint is being recognised by the  Grammy's this month....the production sounds awesome in the cans....really loving the classic funky rhythms of Papa....great video, like Spike Lee did it!

Quality like this really leaves me with a what if Axl cared thoughts though.... This has reconfirmed for me that Slash absolutely STILL has it in the studio and a good new GNR record is only locked away from us by one person with the key hidden.

I’m happy to get Chinese leftovers, but there’s so just more care put into something like this. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I’m happy to get Chinese leftovers, but there’s so just more care put into something like this. 

And honestly these are big timeless songs to live up to, so the production absolutely cannot be caught lackin'

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

It really is insane. He got Slash and Duff back in the band, both ready and willing to get creative and get shit done...and he STILL keeps disappointing everyone with the shitty Chinese leftover nonsense...it's frustrating.

Didn't he once say in the early 00 (post MTV closing performance I believe) that one of the reasons things were taking so long was that he had to change the whole band and get them up to speed and basically Slash was the issue....trying to get a sound that would be as cool as that but different....now he has it at his finger tips and he's choosing to not go with it....sometimes I hate the Chinese era as I think it totally killed Axl creatively and burned him so bad, 3rd degree fucking burns....🫤

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Didn't he once say in the early 00 (post MTV closing performance I believe) that one of the reasons things were taking so long was that he had to change the whole band and get them up to speed and basically Slash was the issue....trying to get a sound that would be as cool as that but different....now he has it at his finger tips and he's choosing to not go with it....sometimes I hate the Chinese era as I think it totally killed Axl creatively and burned him so bad, 3rd degree fucking burns....🫤

Seems like he's just too fucked up and weird to make a move. I really can't imagine Axl beeing part of such a cool and creative vibe. :/

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Seems like he's just too fucked up and weird to make a move. I really can't imagine Axl beeing part of such a cool and creative vibe. :/

Wait, how can he be creative when everybody's leaving with different priorities??

Seriously, one would think he could be part of something cool for a minute when watching the Perhaps video but that feeling fall apart very quickly. At this point it’s just disappointing and annoying to think about on what we’re missing out.  

Edited by Free Bird

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I think that’s what everybody thought but they did it justice. Great cover. Video is out on Youtube.

Well that’s good to hear. I know it’s not GNR and other bands of that genre, but I love the four tops and the temptations and the spinners. IMHO the late great Levi Stubbs was one of the best singers ever. His voice was like honey, 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

The problem is Axl listens to nobody. His demostrated it plenty of times.

He thinks caram + himself is good enough for production/mixing 💩

Edited by vloors

Drumming on this record is freaking brilliant.

Slash seems to have an ear for them as Fitz is an ace as well.

I think Axl went through a period of claiming Slash was trying to take over the band and frankly that probably wouldn't have been a bad thing.

Poor drumming and horrendous production values hinder what meager output GNR produces these days, and Slash seems to be right on freaking top of them right now with whatever he's doing.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2024 at 12:49 PM, Naupis said:

I think Axl went through a period of claiming Slash was trying to take over the band and frankly that probably wouldn't have been a bad thing.

Poor drumming and horrendous production values hinder what meager output GNR produces these days, and Slash seems to be right on freaking top of them right now with whatever he's doing.

I would say the whole band sounds on point for this slash record.

Edited by vloors
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Naupis said:

The problem is Axl, not the drummers he hired. Josh Freese is absolutely world class. Brain is fantastic. But then he settled for an understudy because of 'loyalty', and decided he could just edit and program drums instead of getting another professional. Hard Skool is by far the worst offender on this issue.

But yea - Slash's whole band sounds great on this record and Michael Jerome is no exception.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Biggest surprise was "Living in the City". I thought it was incredible. I don't think I know the original and didn't care for the Tash solo stuff I checked out but he and the song were fantastic.

Tash is great throughout the album. I listened to some of his solo songs and they were ok, but he crushed it on Living For The City. The original is also great:

• Like 2