Appetite Five reunion setlist - What would you include?

I actually think we will get this in the next 5 years or so. Maybe a one off show, or a small tour in theatres or arenas. The only thing is it has to be just these on 5. No dizzy, no piano no 3rd guitarist etc. Give us 85-90 So I've tried to only pick songs from that era that steven would have a part in either demo, live or studio. 

Setlist 

1. Welcome to the Jungle
  2. It's So Easy
  3. Mr Brownstone
  4. Reckless Life
  5. Shadow Of Your Love
  6. Rocket Queen
  7. Out Ta Get Me
  8. Civil War
  9. Rocket Queen
  10. You're Crazy (Lies Version)
  11. My Michelle
  12. Think About You
  13. Nice Boys
  14. Anything Goes
  15. You Could Be Mine
  16. Slash Solo
  17. Sweet Child O' Mine
  18. KOHD
  19. Nightrain

Encore

20. Patience

21. Don't Cry

22. Paradise City

I left out a Duff or Izzy solo spot. I don't recall there being many in those early days, but if Axl wanted it broken up then I wouldn't mind seeing DTJ, Dust and Bones or 14 years added, or a duff punk cover. I also think there's room for Whole Lotta Rosie which that line up did (as well as others since) or heartbreak hotel, that would match the energy of that era, but whether 67 year old does it justice I dont know. 

Edited by JimiRose
  • Like 2

1. It's So Easy
  2. Mr.Brownstone
  3. Welcome To The Jungle
  4. You're Crazy (Lies)
  5. Reckless Life
  6. Think About You
  7. Nice Boys
  8. Out Ta Get Me
  9. Civil War
  10. My Michelle
  11. Shadow Of Your Love
  12. Move To The City
  13. You Could Be Mine
  14. Anything Goes (Just to play full AFD)
  15. Slash Solo
  16. Sweet Child O'Mine
  17. KOHD
  18. Nightrain

Encore:

• 19. Used To Love Her
  • 20. Patience
  • 21. Rocket Queen

Encore #2:

• 22. Don't Cry
  • 23. Paradise City
  • Like 1

Theater tour,

Reckless Life

Move to the City

Civil War/  Mama Kin

AfD front to back

Encore- 

Patience

Used to Love Her

Knocking on Heaven’s Door

Shadow of Your Love

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Cosmo said:
  1. It's So Easy
  2. Mr.Brownstone
  3. Welcome To The Jungle
  4. You're Crazy (Lies)
  5. Reckless Life
  6. Think About You
  7. Nice Boys
  8. Out Ta Get Me
  9. Civil War
  10. My Michelle
  11. Shadow Of Your Love
  12. Move To The City
  13. You Could Be Mine
  14. Anything Goes (Just to play full AFD)
  15. Slash Solo
  16. Sweet Child O'Mine
  17. KOHD
  18. Nightrain

Encore:

• 19. Used To Love Her
  • 20. Patience
  • 21. Rocket Queen

Encore #2:

• 22. Don't Cry
  • 23. Paradise City

5 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Theater tour,

Reckless Life

Move to the City

Civil War/  Mama Kin

AfD front to back

Encore- 

Patience

Used to Love Her

Knocking on Heaven’s Door

Shadow of Your Love

Ah used to lover her, completely forgot about that.

Agree a theatre tour would be best. 2k max capacity, intimate rock show. 

40 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I'm sure Axl would demand something like this:

- OMG
- The entire Chinese Democracy album
- Absurd
- Hard Skool
- Perhaps
- The General
- Paradise City

Maybe the old Axl. Today's Axl does whatever is needed for the biggest paycheque. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • PERHAPS 1

No stadiums, no outdoor gigs, no huge world tour. Larger clubs to small arenas. And only a very limited Amount of dates, let's say 5. Shows done like the 2016 Troubadour, lottery for tickets, short notice for when they go on sale etc. Only thing I'd change is that more regular fans should be able to attend over celebrities looking to get spotted at an exclusive event.

I'm including Izzy material from UYI as well as material written at the same time as AFD.

Open with

Out ta get me

PC

Move to the city (with brass section)

Dust n bones

Think about you

SCOM

Don't damn me

It's so easy

Mr brownstone

Jungle

YCBM

Reckless

Shadow

14 years

RQ

Michelle

Don't cry

Anything goes

Used to love her

Whole lotta Rosie

Nightrain

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

I'm sure Axl would demand something like this:

- OMG
- The entire Chinese Democracy album
- Absurd
- Hard Skool
- Perhaps
- The General
- Paradise City

This but Paradise city should be replaced by The Asshole song and Slash should have a robot dancing solo spot in the middle. Also Brain should probably step in for Adler who will be relegated to waving Pitmans towel, and Fortus should replace Izzy. Teddy Zig Zag should replace Mellissa but be forced to wear the same gear as it would confuse the rest of the band, particularly Brain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, username said:

My main criterium would be that it has to sound good. So what would I include? Instrumentals only. 

A drummer who's not in the best physical shape and a guitar player who's not done a full live show in years – who's to say instrumentals would even sound good? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Is it wrong that I would prefer the ~'99 rerecorded AFD over an actual AFD lineup tour/show?

It isn't wrong cause we all got our preferences, however if I was playing MYGNRFORUM bingo, "Sweersa expressing they like Buckethead era GNR more in a given topic" is like a free space at this point :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

IF, and I do mean IF, the AFD lineup actually reunited then it would be SO COOL to have them play Back In Black front to back!

Maybe toss in a few deep cuts from Slippery When Wet, encore with Enter Sandman and ride off into the sunset.

• Haha 2

The way I would market a reunion would be with a "Let It Be Naked" style re-issue of the Use Your Illusion sessions, with Adler on drums. 

Get it down to one 60 minute album without filler, especially focusing on the songs written during the 80s. Record Adler drum tracks and remix the songs with less over dubs and more of a straight-ahead shit rock song. 

It would be marketed as UYI with the sensibility of the Appetite Era band. 

Take the acoustic guitar November Rain demo, flesh it out with the whole band as an acoustic-electric guitar version of the song with no piano, and you have a single that will get air play on the classic rock stations because it's a different twist on the same song they keep playing. 

Have Axl do the lead on 14 Years, if they have an Axl lead track recorded from those sessions. Put Izzy on the lead for Don't Cry. Just a way to change it up.

Then make the touring set list up or whatever, but they would have an actual album to push that is somewhat "new" and doesn't require Axl to go into the studio and put in work vocally. 

Edited by gunsnchalupas

19 hours ago, WhazUp said:

It isn't wrong cause we all got our preferences, however if I was playing MYGNRFORUM bingo, "Sweersa expressing they like Buckethead era GNR more in a given topic" is like a free space at this point :lol:

Hehe well it's working! We did get a few seconds of Robin in the official Perhaps. :) I need to try harder though.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 10:34 AM, DoMw94 said:

A drummer who's not in the best physical shape and a guitar player who's not done a full live show in years – who's to say instrumentals would even sound good? 

Well that's an easy fix. I'm sure Matt and Gilby would happily fill those spots if asked too. Keep Dizzy. With those three plus Axl, Slash and Duff you've got the next best classic line up 👍.

On 2/17/2024 at 7:01 AM, JimiRose said:

Maybe the old Axl. Today's Axl does whatever is needed for the biggest paycheque. 

Nah. I seriously doubt Axl is short of money. He got offered big money many times to reunite with Slash n Duff but resisted until the time was right.

2 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Nah. I seriously doubt Axl is short of money. He got offered big money many times to reunite with Slash n Duff but resisted until the time was right.

He also did the budwieser ad, played on cruise ships for rich arabs and russian oligarchs, and then did actually reunite with slash - but only for the highest ever offer paid out by coachella at the time. so let's not pretend Axl isn't driven by money. He may like to give off that vibe to keep some cred, but he definitely is.