GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

Why keep the lineup a secret?

Maybe there is a big reveal with Izzy/Steven. Just have to see how it goes. I think GN'R has way more drama than they should have for sure, but I'll give Fernando credit this time around. Last night his Coachella announcement followed by Slash and Duff posting it on their social media helped back people off the ledge. It was looking like the entire thing was going to crash and burn with no reunion.

Maybe there is a big reveal with Izzy/Steven. Just have to see how it goes. I think GN'R has way more drama than they should have for sure, but I'll give Fernando credit this time around. Last night his Coachella announcement followed by Slash and Duff posting it on their social media helped back people off the ledge. It was looking like the entire thing was going to crash and burn with no reunion.

Or maybe the lineup has not been confirmed yet.

Frank must be in for rehearsal with the rest but i believe they must be negotiating with matt or steve and izzy. who knows.

I'll give Fernando credit this time around. Last night his Coachella announcement followed by Slash and Duff posting it on their social media helped back people off the ledge

I doubt Slash and Duff's tweets had anything to do with Fernando

Not to anyone with common sense. Do you really think the Coachella contracts were just signed yesterday? Axl not doing Kimmel meant fuck all in regards to Coachella or any possible stadium tours (Which would have been worked on months ago. You can't just book a stadium tour on short notice like the UCAP gigs)

• Like 1

Not to anyone with common sense. Do you really think the Coachella contracts were just signed yesterday? Axl not doing Kimmel meant fuck all in regards to Coachella or any possible stadium tours (Which would have been worked on months ago. You can't just book a stadium tour on short notice like the UCAP gigs)

I agree with that. What I mean is it would have been possible all the rumors were just bullshit and nothing was really going on. Glad it went the other way, sort of. Reunion won't matter if Axl shows up singing like Mickey Mouse again.

i wonder if they'll do AFD on it's entirety, plus some UYI hits at the end. If I'm not mistaken quite a few artists do the perform an entire classic album thing at coachella

Doubt it. They haven't put this 8-man line up together to put on an AFD show. That'll come next year when we get ANOTHER money spinning reunion for the AFD anniversary with Izzy and Steven. That can be the only reason why Steven is keeping quiet!

Most headline coachella bands play vegas the weekend before or after because there is a clause in the contract that they can't play any local/southern California shows for quite a bit before or after coachella.

So the vegas rumor makes perfect sense. No one said that this was their first show, its just that the lineup got announced so they had to confirm it.

slash on there was a time would be kinda epic.

I would be happy with this. Especially if I got to see it in person after waiting so long. I imagine Slash would cover the Finck solo and Fortus the Buckethead parts, but who knows...

• Like 1

I don't care that Pitman is still there. I expected that neither him not Dizzy were going anywhere. It's not like they're at the front of the stage or anything. I barely noticed either of them anytime I've seen Guns from 2006 onwards. If we're looking at this in UYI terms it's no different than having Teddy up there. Chris is one guy who can do all the strings and horns as opposed to either ditching those parts entirely or hiring extra horns again. If the horns/strings must be there, then it might as well just be Chris. Are they needed? No, as the stripped down approach works great too, but I understand keeping Chris around.

I wonder if they will do KOHD the old way or the nugnr way.

I imagine they'll leave CD, better, and TIL in the set. I can't see axl just ditching songs that he spent 1/3 of his life working on.

The new new way.

Better than the old one?

Didn't they start playing it similar to the old way on recent tour's? I'm sure he started doing the "hey heyyy's".

I imagine they'll leave CD, better, and TIL in the set. I can't see axl just ditching songs that he spent 1/3 of his life working on.

The new new way.

Better than the old one?

You know it.

The new new way.

Better than the old one?

Didn't they start playing it similar to the old way on recent tour's? I'm sure he started doing the "hey heyyy's".

No. The new version has evolved over time since 2001, but it's always been much closer to that than the old version.