RIP Chester Bennington (Linkin Park / STP)

axlslash

2 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Dude... take your ignorance elsewhere. It's not wanted or needed in a thread like this.

I was just praising the man in first post...

I'm not trying to offend anyone here... But ignorance... I'm not wasting my time arguing for or against suicide. 

43 minutes ago, The Glow Inc. said:

I would have never bet that he was suicidal. He seemed pretty happy and excited about his career.

That usually how it goes. A lot of depressed people are pretty good at hiding it. 

RIP Chester

I am in shock over Chester's death. I still can't believe it!

I remember seeing Linkin Park in Ozzfest when no one knew who the hell they were.

I've been a member of their fan club and met Chester and the band many times. They were always so nice, especially Chester. He loved meeting his fans.

This is just so sad. He leaves behind 6 children. My heart goes out to his family and friends and his bandmates. It just sucks!

Whatever Chester's problems were, I wish someone could have helped him. 41 years old is way too young to die in this time. I know he had his problems with drugs, but I thought he had found peace.

I don't believe in the afterlife, but I do hope he's found peace now. Now his family has to go on without him. Just too sad. I feel very bad and down about his passing.

We've lost too many amazing musicians over the past years. Losing people you care about sucks and I know, losing my loved ones, I've lost a piece of my heart with each one. You're never the same.

RIP Chester. You will be missed! Your voice was Linkin Park!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NachoLZ said:

What the fuck is happening with so many suicides, RIP

I know that is what I said. It is just terrible.

People have to be in such terrible pain to commit suicide. It's not an easy way to end your life. I can't imagine that kind of pain. So sad.

12 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

It's Chris Cornell's birthday today. I wonder if that has something to do with it. Not that it matters now 

Saw them just like 3 weeks ago. What the fuck 

Wow! It is. That makes it even worse. Damn. Yeah, What the fuck? Is right. I really hate hearing this kind of news.

Can't say I've ever been a fan. Or that I'm shocked, to be honest. Sadly many people kill themselves like this on a daily basis. The only difference was that he's famous. It's all equally tragic and very sad to hear. Especially for his family, friends and fans. 

Edited by username

Loved his voice, RIP Chester.

Didn't he sing at Chris Cornell funeral? Such a devastating decision to make when so close to seeing how much the pain of suicide brings to family and friends. He really must of felt he had no way forward, so sad, depression is such an isolating illness. 

Edited by Archtop
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Loved his voice, RIP Chester.

Didn't he sing at Chris Cornell funeral? Such a devastating decision to make when so close to seeing how much the pain of suicide brings to family and friends. He really must of felt he had no way forward, so sad, depression is such an isolating illness. 

He did Hallejulah..

3 minutes ago, superdave said:

What a shame. Such a unique voice. Besides LP, he sang for STP, Camp Freddy, Hellcat Saints and Kings of Chaos. I always thought he and Corey Taylor had the 2 best rock singing voices of the past 20 years. RIP Chester. 

Was just thinking that EP he did with STP was really good, actually.

• Like 1