Face Reality - There Will Never Be Another GN’R Album

4 hours ago, vloors said:

Lets see what happens November 23rd.

Last 3 official releases have been this date. 

Would also line up nicely for the end of NITL and start of a new tour next year. 

Heres hoping. 

If there's something to be released in November 23rd it will be the November 23rd 2020 at the earliest.

Edited by Free Bird

Just now, Free Bird said:

If there's something to be released in November 23rd it will be the November 23rd 2020 at the earliest.

And even that is unlikely. Slash probably haven't played a note in the studio even if I think Duff kinda confirmed in his own way he's writing for Guns or working on something. For me it gets real when Slash and Duff enter a studio. Anyway more like 2021 at the very earliest is my guess.

57 minutes ago, Rovim said:

And even that is unlikely. Slash probably haven't played a note in the studio even if I think Duff kinda confirmed in his own way he's writing for Guns or working on something. For me it gets real when Slash and Duff enter a studio. Anyway more like 2021 at the very earliest is my guess.

There were rumours that he laid down a track on Atlas Shrugged.

I think we’ll get a new album in the near future maybe around late 2019/early 2020 as someone else has said maybe this is a line up Axl feels better writing new material with. The China exchange interview was still kinda  early on in the reunion when Axl spoke about playing Slash and Duff some songs . To me it sounds like that now that Slash was back in the band Axl couldn’t wait to play the songs to Slash and Duff . Slash being in the band means Axl can have his songs sounding the way he probably imagined them to sound with a old GNR sound  . That’s something I think was missing when Ashba Bumblefoot were in the band. Axl also seems in a happier place as well which makes me think a new album is possible 

If there isn't then that means it isn't any creative juices between them and i'd rather get nothing if thats the case.

But chances are we'll get a lame attempt at recreating Appetite so they can justify another tour.

Edited by -W.A.R-

4 minutes ago, Amir said:

Welcome Back To the Jungle

It's Still So Easy

Night Uber

Still Out Ta Get Me

Not-So-Sweet Ex-Wife O' Mine

You're Mentally Unwell (Please Feel Free To Reach Out)

Anything Goes (As Long As There Is Explicit Consent)

you forgot some, like Mr. Alfredstone, Think About Cash or Drama Queen.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, zombux said:

you forgot some, like Mr. Alfredstone, Think About Cash or Drama Queen.

Also forgot Over-priced City, and My Bitch Del...(or we could go with the safer, My Farewell).

Edited by thomlarke
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, -W.A.R- said:

If there isn't then that means it isn't any creative juices between them and i'd rather get nothing if thats the case.

But chances are we'll get a lame attempt at recreating Appetite so they can justify another tour.

That’s my biggest fear re. new music. I’d rather get nothing than having them pull an ACDC.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

My Michelle/ Michael -  we're not assuming genders  

good point. even Slash recently admitted, that GNR lyrics might sometimes be a bit sexist or even offending. and I'm not sure if I want to listen to any such stuff!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, GNRmello77 said:

With musicians like we have in this band it must be good, maybe not the whole album as no band releases a perfect album... besides Appetite maybe? But with Axl and Slash as the leading songwriters I can't imagine that they Will Come up with something bad? Thats not possible?? Best guitarplayer and best singer in the world hellooo? 🤣 Plus we have a solid rythm section in there! If they recreate their sound that we are used to 50% of the job is done already. Now Just have faith in the songwriting and the deep emotions in some songs in all sorts of ways and Axl supporting that with fitting lyrics and there we have an album we can be content with! 

Man I have to disagree with the perfect album thing. There are tons of albums out there that I consider perfect.. As far as Guns go I would consider LIES perfect as well. Obviously not the same caliber as Appetite (my favorite all time album) but I still love every song on there.  As for this lineup.. Slash is amazing but that doesn't necessarily mean he will release an amazing album.  Slash is one of my top two all time guitarists and I think Living The Dream is an absolute dud.. Axl was one of the greatest front men of all time but a large portion of Guns fans that thought that CD was complete garbage... Where is his head space as far as music goes these days?  Hopefully far away from that.. Not to mention his voice although in the studio it shouldn't be a problem. A solid rhythm section? It is a mixed bag on Fortus, some love him and some don't. I personally think he is talented but don't like his style. Then there is Frank who a  pretty significant percentage of Gn'R fans think sucks balls and he does... All that said I do think there will be at least a few tracks that will be great and I want to hear them. Axl and Slash are capable of that but just having them two together doesn't guarantee anything. Classic Guns were a sum of all parts... Most successful bands are.. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Amir said:

Welcome Back To the Jungle

It's Still So Easy

Night Uber

Still Out Ta Get Me

Not-So-Sweet Ex-Wife O' Mine

You're Mentally Unwell (Please Feel Free To Reach Out)

Anything Goes (As Long As There Is Explicit Consent)

Love Night Uber :lol::lol:👏

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, appetite4illusions said:

I think it's likely there will be several singles, or an EP.

The most likely event will be that at some point, they do a song for a movie and then go from there.

Terminator 7, or is it 8 now?

I listened to a Coldplay EP on the flight. It might be nice to get a Live Like a Suicide thing out. But then why not kick it up to Zot in Zhis Zifetime live blu ray release as a stop gap. 

31 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Man I have to disagree with the perfect album thing. There are tons of albums out there that I consider perfect.. As far as Guns go I would consider LIES perfect as well. Obviously not the same caliber as Appetite (my favorite all time album) but I still love every song on there.  As for this lineup.. Slash is amazing but that doesn't necessarily mean he will release an amazing album.  Slash is one of my top two all time guitarists and I think Living The Dream is an absolute dud.. Axl was one of the greatest front men of all time but a large portion of Guns fans that thought that CD was complete garbage... Where is his head space as far as music goes these days?  Hopefully far away from that.. Not to mention his voice although in the studio it shouldn't be a problem. A solid rhythm section? It is a mixed bag on Fortus, some love him and some don't. I personally think he is talented but don't like his style. Then there is Frank who a  pretty significant percentage of Gn'R fans think sucks balls and he does... All that said I do think there will be at least a few tracks that will be great and I want to hear them. Axl and Slash are capable of that but just having them two together doesn't guarantee anything. Classic Guns were a sum of all parts... Most successful bands are.. 

It’s impossible to predict what might come out of this lineup.

I don’t think Slash is a good songwriter (instrumentally). He needs a context, a backbone to build on top of. He is amazing at embellishing other people’s basic songs or structures. I guess a big responsibility will fall on Fortus here... it’s a matter of whether he can come up with great chord progressions for Slash to do what he does best on top of them. I have never heard Richard’s material, so I have no clue what kid of foundation he could provide, but I’m sure having Duff around will help a lot.

As you mention, we have no clue where Axl’s musical head is right now, so... who knows?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D.Z.I. said:

It’s impossible to predict what might come out of this lineup.

I don’t think Slash is a good songwriter (instrumentally). He needs a context, a backbone to build on top of. He is amazing at embellishing other people’s basic songs or structures. I guess a big responsibility will fall on Fortus here... it’s a matter of whether he can come up with great chord progressions for Slash to do what he does best on top of them. I have never heard Richard’s material, so I have no clue what kid of foundation he could provide, but I’m sure having Duff around will help a lot.

As you mention, we have no clue where Axl’s musical head is right now, so... who knows?

Agreed, very interesting situation, actually. Especially with Axl - is he in classic rock mode? Chinese kinda stuff still?
It would be very nice to know that Izzy is somehow involved, but then again...all of them are different people now anyway.
I hope we'll find out in the not so distant future.

7 hours ago, Rovim said:

Not even then. Just when I hear that Axl's ready with finishing touches I'll get excited 

1 hour ago, D.Z.I. said:

He mentions in that rare interview with the Iceland magazine (He gives interviews to the most unexpected people and places) that he was very into Wichita Lineman because the song reminds him of the accoustic songs that GNR were doing at the beginning...maybe he is in that place right now...that would be great in my opinion...but Axl is sooo unpredictable...

• Like 1