Jump to content
ASLayerAODsk

Copyright Strikes....

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Just to very quickly nip this one in the bud:

It WASN'T TB who have said or done anything racist. No one is suggesting they have, so best to clear that up. 

 

 

Not directly, but it was brought to the attention of the admins of the official forum and to Live Nation/Tickermaster, who own the official forum and basically passed the buck back to the admins, who are part of TB. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Just to very quickly nip this one in the bud:

It WASN'T TB who have said or done anything racist. No one is suggesting they have, so best to clear that up. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Out of respect for Margott, I don't feel these things should be posted. I saw them, they were horrific. It involved photoshopping a monkey's face onto pics of her, that is all I will say. Margott is originally from Peru, she is a pretty lady and such nasty depictions of her online are extremely racist and the people who did this shit are disgusting individuals. 🤬

I totally agree. There's no benefit at all in posting them again. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Out of respect for Margott, I don't feel these things should be posted. I saw them, they were horrific. It involved photoshopping a monkey's face onto pics of her, that is all I will say. Margott is originally from Peru, she is a pretty lady and such nasty depictions of her online are extremely racist and the people who did this shit are disgusting individuals. 🤬

The losers doing all this shit sound like pathetic incel retards. I can only imagine what wretched lives they must have lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, action said:

racism and bullying should never be allowed. if management did those things to a fan (can't really comment here since I'm not aware what happened there), then the victim should file a complaint. no one is above the law.

I think, if we're discussing such an important event, we should be provided with all the facts, preferrably with screenshots. Since all of that supposedly happened on a public forum, there is no restriction to post it all here, and for us to comment on it. I say, we should put it all on the table.

Also, @RussTCB, feel free to remove this post should this be against the board policy. I couldn't find anything in the board rules.

What was the cause for the memes, what was TB's involvement in it, and has the victim filed a complaint or not?

I find it very hard arguing over something I know nothing about, but I feel this is still a big deal.

Like I said: racism and xenophobia is a serious offence. That's where I draw the line.

I don't care to have the vile things actually posted here on our board, but that's just my choice. 

16 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Just to very quickly nip this one in the bud:

It WASN'T TB who have said or done anything racist. No one is suggesting they have, so best to clear that up. 

That's absolutely correct. I should make that clear. It's not TB who've said racist things, it's one of the people they associate with who has told everyone they act on behalf of the bamd. 

15 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Out of respect for Margott, I don't feel these things should be posted. I saw them, they were horrific. It involved photoshopping a monkey's face onto pics of her, that is all I will say. Margott is originally from Peru, she is a pretty lady and such nasty depictions of her online are extremely racist and the people who did this shit are disgusting individuals. 🤬

This ^^^^^^^^^

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Not directly, but it was brought to the attention of the admins of the official forum and to Live Nation/Tickermaster, who own the official forum and basically passed the buck back to the admins, who are part of TB. 

So members of Team Brazil are admins at the official forum (I assume we are talking about Nightrain here), yet owned by Live Nation/Ticketmaster?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Out of respect for Margott, I don't feel these things should be posted. I saw them, they were horrific. It involved photoshopping a monkey's face onto pics of her, that is all I will say. Margott is originally from Peru, she is a pretty lady and such nasty depictions of her online are extremely racist and the people who did this shit are disgusting individuals. 🤬

That's horrible. And the posts weren't removed by the admins? Absolutely vile.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lio said:

The racism was done by the two individuals we all suspect are behind the takedowns. The one who did the monkeyface meme is the same one who has been bragging about taking down videos. He has a long history on the boards. He impersonated Izzy many years ago, he's been an avid NuGNR fan, especially DJ Ashba. Then he turned around and told everyone here he was trolling, apologizing for it, and opening a Slash fanpage. He was banned everywhere for spreading personal information about admins/mods/people on the forum. He's also the one supposedly threatening another fan, after which a year later, last summer, he went to get the Zutaut leaks with the threatened fan. A few years ago, Tommy Stinson called him out on FB for impersonating him. He's been insulting TB and has profile pics on social media with TB and GNR members. Now this is the person Beta was defending. And he's really happy about it, as he reposted it to his social media and saying he hopes now everyone leaves him alone.

These are all facts.

The other individual remains more mysterious. What I do know of him is he makes the Nightrain a nightmare.

thanks for clearing that up.

I was under the impression, given the huge activity in this thread, that TB were the ones posting racist stuff.

So basically, we're giving attention to a massive troll who harrasses a fan in a racist way, and TB is acting a bit oblivious about it.

Now to make this clear, I don't give a flying fuck about the troll. there are many trolls / racists in the world.

Until I have evidence that TB is actively promoting such abusive behaviour, and until this on the contrary remains a case of huge neglect on their part, forgive me if I don't think what TB did or didn't, isn't the end of the world.

they are still twats (but then again, what's new), they will never become our best friends, and all we should put our energy in is: will they fucking release something new, or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is all very shocking news for me to read! How disgusting. Im late to this as Im not on socials or other Guns forums. Enough with these clowns. Iirc they've previously mocked someones disability too. My heart goes out to anyone who's been mocked or attacked online by these losers. 

I am angry and also sad. How do we turn our disgust and rage into some sort of positive change?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, action said:

thanks for clearing that up.

I was under the impression, given the huge activity in this thread, that TB were the ones posting racist stuff.

So basically, we're giving attention to a massive troll who harrasses a fan in a racist way, and TB is acting a bit oblivious about it.

No. The trolls have garnered all of the attention themselves. 

TB has acted oblivious to it for a while, until Beta chose to openly lie about not knowing who it is. All while having full knowledge of who they are and what they've done. 

That's what's causing the latest problem. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

So members of Team Brazil are admins at the official forum (I assume we are talking about Nightrain here), yet owned by Live Nation/Ticketmaster?

At least two people touring with GNR are admins/mods. But they make sure to tell everyone they're volunteers. So basically that's an excuse not to be around much. (Or at least it was when I was still on there.)

8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

That's horrible. And the posts weren't removed by the admins? Absolutely vile.

 

They were removed as far as I know, but it was then hushed up. The person who posted it was never reprimanded, warned, banned or whatever.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lio said:

At least two people touring with GNR are admins/mods. But they make sure to tell everyone they're volunteers. So basically that's an excuse not to be around much. (Or at least it was when I was still on there.)

They were removed as far as I know, but it was then hushed up. The person who posted it was never reprimanded, warned, banned or whatever.

Okay, that is a bit different to saying they are part of Team Brazil. And lax moderation can result in posts not getting deleted quickly enough - it has happened on larger platforms :). But not banning the posters when found out is inexcusable or just means that it is a place where anything is allowed, which I don't think is the case.

So what people are saying, is that whoever claims to be behind the the takedowns seem to enjoy protection at the official forum and get away with things that other would get in trouble for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beta was telling that she is sick of Margott 's behaviour,  right? Did i miss sth or I don’t understand but did Margott got in touch/ wrote sth to this guy, who's been called Walker,  and has been protecting by Beta? I didn't noticed any comment from Margott about this guy? 😕 she just politely asked gnr to do sth about takedowns?

@Lio thx for clearing up things to me as well.

Edited by Politania

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

No. The trolls have garnered all of the attention themselves. 

TB has acted obvious to it for a while, until Beta chose to openly lie about not knowing who it is. All while having full knowledge of what they are and what they've done. 

That's what's causing the latest problem. 

Sorry again for being ignorant, but how can TB know who is behind this? How can anyone know it? If I understand things correctly, one guys has claimed to be behind at least some of the takedowns. But is that it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Sorry again for being ignorant, but how can TB know who is behind this? How can anyone know it? If I understand things correctly, one guys has claimed to be behind at least some of the takedowns. But is that it?

The rasict things were posted on Nightrain and there are a lot of screenshots of it. TB has been shown these screenshots. Both before and after the person who made the racist posts claimed that they were involved with the takedowns on behalf of TB & the band. 

TB was also shown screenshots of the other troll bragging about the takedowns while also claiming to be doing it on behalf of TB and the bamd. 

Also very much worth noting: at least one of those two people was given access to the Uzi Suicidal account that was doing the takedowns. 

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Okay, that is a bit different to saying they are part of Team Brazil. And lax moderation can result in posts not getting deleted quickly enough - it has happened on larger platforms :). But not banning the posters when found out is inexcusable or just means that it is a place where anything is allowed, which I don't think is the case.

So what people are saying, is that whoever claims to be behind the the takedowns seem to enjoy protection at the official forum and get away with things that other would get in trouble for?

Yes. One of the mods I mean is the guy running the other GNR forum and touring with GNR. He doesn't seem to like the guy, but apparently isn't in a place to do anything about him. I've no idea why.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Sorry again for being ignorant, but how can TB know who is behind this? How can anyone know it? If I understand things correctly, one guys has claimed to be behind at least some of the takedowns. But is that it?

The guy insinuates he's doing it on TB's behalf for one, and there are screenshots of him admitting to doing the takedowns. I suppose those screenshots have been shown to TB. That's at least what I understood from Russ's posts.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RussTCB said:

The rasict things were posted on Nightrain and there are a lot of screenshots of it. TB has been shown these screenshots. Both before and after the person who made the racist posts claimed that they were involved with the takedowns on behalf of TB & the band. 

TB was also shown screenshots of the other troll bragging about the takedowns while also claiming to be doing it on behalf of TB and the bamd. 

So the evidence for these guys being behind the takedowns is purely their own claims? 

Then could it be that they aren't the only one doing this, and that they are maybe even exaggerating their involvement a bit because, well, because their are pathetic trolls with a history of trolling and like to rile up the fanbase. And that maybe TB, or someone more professionally associated with TB or the label, are taking down videos, too, and that this explains why Beta felt a bit annoyed by repeated complaints about the troll taking down videos when she belives the videos in question are actually taken down by them/the label?

Just brainstorming to find a narrative that seems to explain her comments better :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Out of respect for Margott, I don't feel these things should be posted. I saw them, they were horrific. It involved photoshopping a monkey's face onto pics of her, that is all I will say. Margott is originally from Peru, she is a pretty lady and such nasty depictions of her online are extremely racist and the people who did this shit are disgusting individuals. 🤬

This is disgusting...these people are just shameful 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lio said:

Yes. One of the mods I mean is the guy running the other GNR forum and touring with GNR. He doesn't seem to like the guy, but apparently isn't in a place to do anything about him. I've no idea why.

Ah, I know who you are talking about! :) Well, I am pretty certain he wouldn't have accepted such posts on his own site, so this does substantiate the claim that his hands are tied when it comes to Nightrain. But could it just be that they have a no-banning policy and that any reprimanding took place in PMs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Ah, I know who you are talking about! :) Well, I am pretty certain he wouldn't have accepted such posts on his own site, so this does substantiate the claim that his hands are tied when it comes to Nightrain. But could it just be that they have a no-banning policy and that any reprimanding took place in PMs?

I know of at least one person being banned there :lol:

But yeah, maybe he has no banning powers there. I don't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SoulMonster said:

So the evidence for these guys being behind the takedowns is purely their own claims? 

Then could it be that they aren't the only one doing this, and that they are maybe even exaggerating their involvement a bit because, well, because their are pathetic trolls with a history of trolling and like to rile up the fanbase. And that maybe TB, or someone more professionally associated with TB or the label, are taking down videos, too, and that this explains why Beta felt a bit annoyed by repeated complaints about the troll taking down videos when she belives the videos in question are actually taken down by them/the label?

Just brainstorming to find a narrative that seems to explain her comments better :)

First things first; so if TB or someone in GNR are doing the takedowns themselves, then why would GNR social media make a post recently asking fans to tag their videos? If Beta is so annoyed with fans complaining about videos being taken down, maybe GNR social media shouldn't be encouraging fans to take videos, post them and tag GNR in them.... 

 

Also, I edited my post so you may not have seen this part:

One of the trolls has access to the Uzi Suicidal account which was created by the band years ago to handle copyright issues online. Proof has been shown to TB that this troll is able to login to that account and act on behalf of the band. Not only is that proof that this troll is doing it, but it's damn near solid proof that their claim of being sanctioned by TB is true. 

  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Lio said:

He's been insulting TB and has profile pics on social media with TB and GNR members. Now this is the person Beta was defending. And he's really happy about it, as he reposted it to his social media and saying he hopes now everyone leaves him alone.

These are all facts.

The other individual remains more mysterious. What I do know of him is he makes the Nightrain a nightmare.

I believe beta wasn’t defending the guy, but that guy twisted it and make it seem she did. I believe she was talking about the other one. The one has been around for decades and has some serious issues. 

40 minutes ago, Lio said:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No they have banned people there. The response to my letter was that I have valid points, but they weren't going to do anything. Not longer afterward, some little squabbles came up with people speaking out against it and we were told that we were like children in the sandbox throwing sand in each others faces and to try to get along. 🙄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×